New Jewels for Traps

"
VwjUnit wrote:
GGG still needs to show some kind of support towards Mines. The whole mechanical aspect of mines is so clunky that it needs a lot more done to bring it up to date compared to Traps. When they released the Tremor Rod, there was literally nothing else related to mines that were released to convince to you even try mines out. Also, when they released Fire Nova Mine in Awakening Beta, it was quite powerful and enough to be on par with most skills people use today. However, GGG dropped the damage effectiveness from 120% I think it was to the 20% upon release and now 30% as of 2.1.

tl;dr GGG hasn't done a thing to give anyone an incentive to play Mines nor have they attempted to bring Mines up to date since their release.

mines are quite good at the moment, using tremor rod to cast some heavily supported spells from your mines, your cast speed basically is (mine laying speed per second * 2 (because of double detonation) * mine count).
there also is no cooldown to mine detonations and you don't even have to trigger the mines yourself if you put the detonate mines gem into a spell totem.
there are some interesting builds utilizing this mechanic and it's not clunky at all.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
trap builds are one of strongest builds now
"
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Some good unique? How? New devs?

Btw maybe it's time to take a look at melee Resolute Technique? Great that you start to make good trap unique, maybe trap re-balance, but let's not forget that there are bigger problem - melee Resolute Technique.

Man you were just on the edge of your seat to get this shitpost out, weren't you?

This guy post only for whine and complain its crazy...
Why would I put the other 2 jewels, when I can have Cheap Construction in all of my sockets? Isn't it supposed to be restricted to only 1?
IGN: MegaSplasz
"
Jaari wrote:
Why would I put the other 2 jewels, when I can have Cheap Construction in all of my sockets? Isn't it supposed to be restricted to only 1?

Nope! It is supposed to get 100% with some investment. As the description written by Bex says, "Your traps can become Grenades!"

It is really cool design imho. But need some heavy investment into Jewel Sockets(as you have stated),
OR you can use some uniques to help balance this.

On Topic:
I LOVED these Unique Jewels !
I've never done a Trapper build before, but now, it's time to start theory-crafting one. I'm really excited about the Trap news. Great job with those jewels GGG =).

Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Feb 16, 2016, 9:00:02 AM
"
SevenKnives wrote:
People, who complain about traps cooldown should watch again this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HivLWXWjMuU

Saboteur have node for cooldown reduction for traps. It works very well now.

I also hope GGG will improve mines.

You mean that part in the middle where there a bunch of mobs he just skips because his trap is on CD? or at the end where there is still a ton of mobs on the screen and not enough trap CDs to go around?
Why not just get rid of an only certain number of traps before the refresh?

A certain amount of ACTIVE traps at once make sense to balance, but overall traps don't.

Also, ALL skills still cost far too much mana. Reduce that.
They're ok I guess. How about +1 to maximum trap charges? :)
when will there be a new ATTACK skill for wand? :)
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_
uniques jewels are...pretty little things to laugh about.....except 2 or 3 few ones.

GGG, u wanna makes some REALY interesting jewels? just put some " increased maximum life (or ES) " on it,the rest will be pure bonus....

have fun.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info