The Arctic Lynx, Wolf and Armour Are Now For Sale!

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
LBGxValor wrote:
Are you serious? People (including myself) spent a fortune on winter boxes trying to get an exclusive armor set, and then in a month you make it avail for a fraction of what we spent... That is beyond shady and a scumbag thing to do. Will be the last time i ever support this game.

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way. This was not our intention at all. We tried to be as clear as we could in our announcement of these boxes. Please check this excerpt in particular for more information:

"
What's in the Winter Mystery Boxes?
This Mystery Box introduces many new microtransactions and contains some that are exclusive to the holiday season, including the Northern Light Effect (stack of 10), the Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration (5 variations you can select between) and the Snow Hideout decoration. In addition to these exclusive microtransactions (which can only be obtained from this box or future holiday events), we've also introduced many new microtransactions that we'll be adding to the store a month after the box has gone off sale. These include the Arctic Lynx Pet, Wolf Pet and pieces of the new Arctic Armour Set!

It's not the lack of exclusivity for these prizes, it's the greed behind the boxes. A 1/10000 chance of getting the body piece is just plain greed. Allowing people to get the cheaper armor pieces just so that they feel compelled to purchase the more expensive body/head pieces when they go on sale is BS. Don't even try to say it wasn't. We had people compile the numbers and 1/10000 is correct. And there is no reason for that except to sucker players into buying more MTXs at greater prices down the road.

Even GGG isn't immune to corporate greed and that's why people don't want to support you anymore.
"
LadyZeyra wrote:
"
mxy110520 wrote:
"
So I spent $40 dollars on those stupid boxes (only to get like 8 arctic armor mtx and 3 pairs of ice boots, and hundreds of the firework thing) and then 2 weeks later you release the armor sets? Scammed me good, well played GGG, well played.

I also think so, I spent about $50, only the fireworks and clothes. Deceive consumers.

Except they stated in the announcement that the pets and armour were not exclusive; absolutely no deception involved. It's not GGG's fault you failed to read the entire paragraph.

I actually wanted the hideout decorations and fireworks from the boxes, since they were actually the box-exclusive items, so I'm happy with what I got.

This bears repeating.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
LBGxValor wrote:
Are you serious? People (including myself) spent a fortune on winter boxes trying to get an exclusive armor set, and then in a month you make it avail for a fraction of what we spent... That is beyond shady and a scumbag thing to do. Will be the last time i ever support this game.

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way. This was not our intention at all. We tried to be as clear as we could in our announcement of these boxes. Please check this excerpt in particular for more information:

"
What's in the Winter Mystery Boxes?
This Mystery Box introduces many new microtransactions and contains some that are exclusive to the holiday season, including the Northern Light Effect (stack of 10), the Ice Crystal Hideout Decoration (5 variations you can select between) and the Snow Hideout decoration. In addition to these exclusive microtransactions (which can only be obtained from this box or future holiday events), we've also introduced many new microtransactions that we'll be adding to the store a month after the box has gone off sale. These include the Arctic Lynx Pet, Wolf Pet and pieces of the new Arctic Armour Set!

It's not the lack of exclusivity for these prizes, it's the greed behind the boxes. A 1/10000 chance of getting the body piece is just plain greed. Allowing people to get the cheaper armor pieces just so that they feel compelled to purchase the more expensive body/head pieces when they go on sale is BS. Don't even try to say it wasn't. We had people compile the numbers and 1/10000 is correct. And there is no reason for that except to sucker players into buying more MTXs at greater prices down the road.

Even GGG isn't immune to corporate greed and that's why people don't want to support you anymore.

Don't like gambling? Don't. The house always wins, and the odds for the big prize are always tiny. Your, and others, inability to deal with this really isn't GGG's fault. Go be butthurt somewhere else.

-Galileo Galilei
My god people alot of you bitch about everything it's really pathetic!! If some of u just would have read the post when the Mystery box's were out i'm sure u would have waited and not spent your points to try and get the full set.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
GGG will there be new supporter packs at the release of ascendancy or are we "stuck" with the ascendancy supporter packs awhile longer?

I recall that in some cases at releases new packs were made available in other cases they ran on a bit longer. I am curious if we will see new packs at the actual launch?
Last edited by Ozgwald on Feb 10, 2016, 9:44:30 AM
"
Ozgwald wrote:
GGG will there be new supporter packs at the release of ascendancy or are we "stuck" with the ascendancy supporter packs awhile longer?

I recall that in some cases at releases new packs were made available in other cases they ran on a bit longer. I am curious if we will see new packs at the actual launch?

Chris has already stated somewhere that these are the Ascendancy packs.

-Galileo Galilei
"
Metrik1Biell wrote:
Really??? more pay to win itens, fuck !!!

noobie or stupid? interesting.
Wow people need to learn to read. I am so tired of cry babies that complain about mystery boxes. As many have stated it said they where not exclusive and you gambled. Now you got items you didn't want and want to QQ because it would of been cheaper to just wait. Grow up and learn to gamble in moderation.

As a side note I spent maybe 120 points or so but I stopped and was happy with the wolf, ice skull, ice crown, and northern lights/few other things i didn't want. I look as it as i got a good deal and didn't spend much.

Moral of this story is learn to read and evaluate something's worth to YOU. IF getting the mtx a month earlier is important go for it, but please stop with the crying. It just makes you look bad for not reading and if you are done with the game deuces.

Thank you GGG for all your hard work, while having to deal with these knuckle heads. Looking forward the the labyrinth and ascendancy dropping in march.
"
Kingoko wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
Now we just need the BABY ELEPHANT PET!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-b_AkXKHE

-VG-

WTF! I want that lol

If they have mtx's ready to hit the store, they should just release them. I can't see what a baby elephant would fit into 'theme' wise. I would guess the next theme would be lightning based, since we've had fire and ice themed mystery boxes. GGG needs to understand there's people like me out there, credit card at the ready, to buy new shit, I love new shit, give me new shit GGG! LOL.
I am very disappointed that GGG had the audacity to clearly state what Mystery Boxes are and what you can get from them. Seriously GGG, you done it this time.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info