THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
KidSupreme wrote:
is it possible for a scion version, if so please do so <3

Scion version has been heavily nerfed when they took out the 1 or 2% global leech from berserker scion ascendancy, i think the most suitable start atm is marauder/templar, with juggernaut, berserker or inquisitor as ascendancies
Last edited by Evander1992 on Sep 2, 2016, 3:50:49 AM
OK, I have run about a half dozen difficult T15 maps now on this build (3x Core 2x Colosseum 1x Abyss) along with a few T12s.

Initial findings after a couple hours of science are as follows.

* Crit + Elemental Overload is awful. Resolute Technique is still the way to go. Crit + EO is too inconsistent.

* For normal map clearing, even up to T15 maps, Lightning Strike should be your primary attack and your Mjolner should be socketed with a support (Lightning Penetration or Controlled Destruction) + Arc + Discharge.

* For bosses, you should run Molten Strike as your primary attack and TWO supports + Discharge in Mjolner (I recommend Lightning Penetration + Concentrated Effect).

* Core Malachai is doable deathless if the mods aren't too bad.

* I don't see this build (Low Life Mjolner) working with anything other than the Marauder Berserker Ascendency. Sorry, Scions.

* The build is FAR more powerful than I expected it to be. I very prematurely declared it dead. It's definitely weaker than it was previously if you had a legacy (50%) Mjolner, but I'd say it's stronger than it was previously on a 30% Mjolner.

I'm curious to see how it will fare against T16 bosses and the Shaper.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 2, 2016, 9:34:49 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:

* I don't see this build (Low Life Mjolner) working with anything other than the Marauder Berserker Ascendency. Sorry, Scions.

What makes the berserker the way to go, sorry still learning how things work.
Last edited by natherox on Sep 2, 2016, 9:58:24 PM
"
natherox wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

What makes the berserker the way to go, sorry still learning how things work.

The build already benefited from the Berserker's leech so much that it was almost mandatory, but now after the nerfs, the build also really needs all the damage it can get. Berserker gives you 40% more damage and leech, and no other ascendancy has access to things which can compensate for losing those.

Basically, the 40% more damage from Berserker was a nice bonus pre-2.4. Now, it feels like a necessity.

I think the build will be much worse as anything else, meaning I will be moving the guide to the Marauder forum sometime in the near future.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 2, 2016, 10:20:41 PM
Berserker might be one of the better ways to go, especially since the leech it gets is constant and not reliant on a curse. That means Hexproof won't get in the way of keeping life/ES recovery and there are other nice things that the Berserker offers aside from the 'More Damage' it gets. It can also go a dual-curse route with something like Enfeeble + TC for more protection while again not having to worry about leech like my Witch (Occultist) build does, though that is a tri-curse build.

I'll have to do a little messing around with everything, but since I have an open Mara setup now with 8 points that was originally a Juggernaut, I can easily transition that over to a Berserker and see what I can come up with.
can anyone plz tell me the main difference (pro vs con?) for this versus rico's life fire version?

thx
I managed to get a T16 map and run it - the Pit of the Chimera. Map was nothing special; the build handled it easily enough. The boss is a major check on your DPS check, though.

Here's the video - the fight crashed when the boss hit 2nd stage and I lost the map but it seemed like the fight was an easy one which just a crazy DPS check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1RDehOPJ50
So what bandits should be done having the new mjolner?
My intial testing of the main berserker variant is more or less in line with Tackle's initial findings.

The build is still strong enough to be viable, although its overall power level is somewhat weaker than the previous legacy mjolner iteration.

Tier 15 and 16 maps seem to be doable, albeit without there being insane mods.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Berserker might be one of the better ways to go, especially since the leech it gets is constant and not reliant on a curse. That means Hexproof won't get in the way of keeping life/ES recovery and there are other nice things that the Berserker offers aside from the 'More Damage' it gets. It can also go a dual-curse route with something like Enfeeble + TC for more protection while again not having to worry about leech like my Witch (Occultist) build does, though that is a tri-curse build.

I'll have to do a little messing around with everything, but since I have an open Mara setup now with 8 points that was originally a Juggernaut, I can easily transition that over to a Berserker and see what I can come up with.

As much as I love Mjolner, I also love/prefer the Witch class. I think I will stay with Tri-Curse Occultist with this build. I just prefer using my Witch and guess will have to deal with the difficulties of bad life leech work arounds being low life base. lol

o_O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info