THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

What are your thoughts on something like frost blades + EE?
"

Doubt it will be able to generate enough hits per second. I believe hits/second is going to be even more important than ever with the changes, as you're going to want to be able to stock up more than 1 charge in the 100ms between discharge procs.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 1, 2016, 11:09:34 AM
"

Isnt it basically a worse Lightning Strike in the case of this build since the projectiles only spawn if the main melee successfully hits.

One single target, it is significantly worse than Molten Strike as you only hit the enemy once (just like Lightning Strike). As Tackle mentions, you probably wont generate enough charges.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Sep 1, 2016, 11:13:17 AM
just tried it out, only cost me 3 points to respec into EE. Its not really bad for clearing packs and non tier 14+ bosses.

EDIT: Remember to switch your gems around in mjolner so the first gem triggered is discharge.
Initial thoughts from me are that this will definitely depend on the cooldown that GGG finally settles for the item, as I don't think it's set in stone yet. That said, what I am thinking is:

1. Support + Arc + Discharge -> Probably still going to do nicely for general mapping as Arc can still hit pretty hard and its shock chance is also good for that extra damage. That said, if you're running a VoV flask then Arc might not be as needed, but still might be good if you're using Lightning Strike and hitting things outside of Discharge's range.

2. Support + Support + Discharge -> This will likely be our best bet for single target boss fights and to help make up for some lost damage that Discharge will have from now on. Controlled Destruction is nice, and Lightning Penetration is also good, though it makes me wonder about Spell Echo. Might that be a potential combination that could work out? Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Discharge maybe?

3. Currently on my Witch (Occultist) build, I am setup for tri-cursing with WLM + TC + Enfeeble, so I might want to consider maybe subbing out TC for either Elemental Weakness or potentially even Conductivity. If not, it might be better to stay as-is, or even consider maybe dropping TC for Herald of Thunder and try to squeeze out some more damage that way.

The critical hit change is also something we're going to have to test out, especially in light if we don't need as much accuracy, though I'm not too sure if it'll be worth taking the accuracy hit. Granted, I know it's about finding that balance, but we'll still want to be careful because missing too much can lead to periods where you're not leeching and that can lead to death. Still, it's worth looking into, though not something I have a character geared for, so I'll leave that up to others and check out what I can.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
though it makes me wonder about Spell Echo

My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Spell Echo does not work with trigger skills.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 1, 2016, 7:43:40 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
though it makes me wonder about Spell Echo

My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Spell Echo does not work with trigger skills.

Yup spell echo does not work with triggers, it only works with self cast.
What I presume would be the useful links for Discharge:

Lightning Penetration: Extremely powerful against highly resilent mobs with 38% pen at level 21. Basically when facing against capped resist monsters, it provides the most damage effectiveness.

Elemental Focus: 50% more elemental damage at level 21, but discharge cannot inflict status ailments. You would probably be shocking through VoV so the downside is irrelevent.

Controlled Destruction; 45% more spell damage at level 21, but 100% reduced cri chance. Downside is somewhat more significant than elemental focus especially if you do not run elemental overload, but that shouldnt be too relevent either.

Conc Effect: 60% more area damage, 25% less AOE. This is very strong for taking down bosses, but less gd for generic mapping.

Life Leech: More sustain, especially useful for non-berserkers.

Inreased AOE: Somewhat nice if you dont plan to run arc when mapping.

Added Lightning/Cold/Chaos: Adds some nice flat damage, but is outclassed by other support gems.

(For Fun) Innervate: Lets your discharge shock more reliably and lets you gain onslaught on killing shocked enemies. Not really too useful overall, but it is technically beneficial.

Last edited by iSo1iD on Sep 1, 2016, 10:13:34 PM
cant wait :(
Last edited by Zipp00 on Sep 2, 2016, 1:41:31 AM
is it possible for a scion version, if so please do so <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info