2 Years and not German Translation.......whats wrong with you?

Whats makes you Germans have more right to have a translation than other big countries? Say Spain?

Last edited by veek91 on Jan 29, 2016, 10:04:58 AM
"
veek91 wrote:
Whats makes you Germans have more right to have a translation than other big countries? Say Spain?

I think they support more than others, it's my guess...
Look at me i'm poor guy from a poor latin american country, I support almost nothing compared with the whealty Germans...

Damn I born in the wrong hemisphere!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
veek91 wrote:

I would say no one has a right to a translation

Its all about what GGG thinks will be profitable
I dont see any any key!
2 years and not english thread title. what's wrong with you?
2 years and not finnish translation........i'm finnished with this game.
"
veek91 wrote:

Nah, you got it wrong. There's very often German dubbing because the market's strong. In other words, from an economical PoV it's reasonable to have translations for most games (also true for books, movies, series or brands in general). For PoE it's something different as it's a "hardcore" game with a rather small market to begin with, and most hardcore gamers naturally speak English well enough as it is kind of a necessity if you want to compete.

I'd be very glad if we stopped dubbing everything here in Germany, i think it'd be great. Take a look at the Scandinavians or Netherlands, they very often have no dubbing because their market is too small for most products, so they learn English much better because they have to 8-)

Same thing would work just fine in Germany. If you speak German, English really is very easy to learn and the more you get used to English, the more you realise how similar the languages are.

http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/

And that doesn't even take into account all the other German speaking countries and regions in Europe, Austria, Swiss, South Tirol, Liechtenstein, to an extend Luxembourg, all pretty damn wealthy with tons of Customers. Take all German speaking countries together and "Germany" should rank #4, surpassing even South Korea.
Last edited by ahcos on Jan 30, 2016, 11:20:17 AM
Allways these "No need to translate PoE to german(or any else language), I allways play all my game in english etc." comments.Wont people understand that still alot dont speak it as great as they do?If you speak it so good and if you watch movies in english etc. keep it for yourselfs and be quiet because such comments doesnt change facts and stop talking from yoursefls only, think further than just about yourself, please.That goes to all the limited thinker.
Last edited by MrEnooox on Jan 30, 2016, 12:02:22 PM
Well, we're a self-selected group, which makes our feedback relatively irrelevant when it comes to whether the game "needs" a localization. Those of us who are here are comfortable enough with English to play the game in English. That means we, as a group, are not the target audience.

It's the people who aren't here, and who aren't playing, because there is no language X translation. That does indeed make the "I don't need a localization" comments a little superfluous. Then again, it's a discussion forum, not an announcement platform. Nothing wrong with voicing opinions.

Well, I'm stating the obvious, really.
"
Mivo wrote:
Whether it's economical, and I guess that does define success, is another question. In case of a German localization, it probably will be. I localized a few smaller (mobile) games for the German market and was told that in all cases it did noticeably increase the number of sales (none of them were particularly text-intensive). Even just adding a German AppStore product description affected sales positively.

Personal preferences aside, there is apparently a sizable number of people who prefer playing games in their native language.

You may be right, I can only guess.

I think the weak link in your example is the target audience: People who play "hardcore" (timesink) games like PoE are often not the ones who play small casual mobile games and vice versa. Most hardcore gamers in ger undertand english to a certain degree because its a core skill for them.

Mindless mobile games (I mean in general, can't commend your specific examples ofc) are also played by rather unintelligent people who are more likely to have little knowledge of foreign languages.
"
ahcos wrote:
For PoE it's something different as it's a "hardcore" game with a rather small market to begin with, and most hardcore gamers naturally speak English well enough as it is kind of a necessity if you want to compete.

For the love of God, stop saying that this game is Hardcore!!!

In a Hardcore game there is not players in town with Multicolor butterfly wings and cuddly kittens XD

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Jan 30, 2016, 3:28:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info