2 Years and not German Translation.......whats wrong with you?

"
Actkqk wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:
For PoE it's something different as it's a "hardcore" game with a rather small market to begin with, and most hardcore gamers naturally speak English well enough as it is kind of a necessity if you want to compete.

For the love of God, stop saying that this game is Hardcore!!!

In a Hardcore game there is not players in town with Multicolor butterfly wings and cuddly kittens XD

a game can look many different ways and still be considered hardcore....
I dont see any any key!
PoE not hardcore... >_<

"
"
ahcos wrote:
For PoE it's something different as it's a "hardcore" game with a rather small market to begin with, and most hardcore gamers naturally speak English well enough as it is kind of a necessity if you want to compete.

PoE isn't hardcore. Dark Souls, Lords of the Fallen, any rogue-like game -> that's hardcore. PoE? Nah.

The nerfs and imbalances is what keeps people away. And because you literally get no important information from the game, unless you read up everything on the Wiki.

How should they know all that before they've played the game?
"
Domah wrote:
I'm french and even if ggg release a french version, I will still play in english. Because only my solo games are in french.

I think french version of the game should have a higher priority than a german one though. We all know how much you guys suffer from english.
As long as we are discussing what constitutes "hardcore" i guess ill weigh in

I would say may games can be considered "hardcore" depending on how the play approaches them more so than the game itself

PoE can be very hardcore and you can dedicate alot of time to it if you so choose, you can also play in standard and progress very slowly and casually.

People keep mentioning dark souls as an example of a hardcore game, well for me I play it fairly casually, I progress slowly and carefully and often summon a helper for bosses so to me it can be a fairly casual experience.

I guess what im trying to say (and probably doing a horrible job of) is while some games may have an inherently higher level of difficulty its really the player that decides the level of "hardcoreness"
I dont see any any key!
Isnt german like english with longer words? Every german i met speaks english anyway seems not needed.
Git R Dun!
"
"
k1rage wrote:
I guess what im trying to say (and probably doing a horrible job of) is while some games may have an inherently higher level of difficulty its really the player that decides the level of "hardcoreness"

To some extent, yes.

But people keep bashing Diablo 3 for being too easy. But D3's hardcore mode is way harder than PoE's.

I can't even take PoE's hardcore mode seriously. You don't lose anything. Your character gets moved to the permanent league. Boo hoo. So tragic.

I remember the days when I played Diablo 3 Inferno MP 10 on hardcore, the first time it got out. Before it got nerfed. Now that's hardcore. Like holy shit, some bosses were hard as fuck. And you die, you lost everything. 600+ hours character wasted by 1 mistake. Every legendary item = gone.

Here? Not so much. But I still enjoy PoE more than D3.

well now days D3s hard core mode is a joke since its almost impossible to die (every class has basicly a free second life now)

and as for not losing anything in PoE.... well many of us that play hardcore wont touch standard with a 49 and half foot pole so it you really do lose everything. Personally I delete all my dead characters to free up slots

I will agree that when D3 released that inferno was actually crazy, since they did away with that well....

having tried out the latest season of D3 there is no real threat of death
I dont see any any key!
"
"
ahcos wrote:

PoE isn't hardcore. Dark Souls, Lords of the Fallen, any rogue-like game -> that's hardcore. PoE? Nah.

The nerfs and imbalances is what keeps people away. And because you literally get no important information from the game, unless you read up everything on the Wiki.

w/e man, my point still stands and i believe it is valid. I couldn't care less what some self proclaimed "hardcore" experts think is hardcore or not, for me PoE is hardcore enough to not play it anymore. Or let's say, it's not the game but the fact that trading is close to impossible for a casual player, and without trading you get nowhere. I keep lurking the forums because i hope that GGG shows some mercy and implements some kind of offline trading, then i'll start playing again. But for the moment, Grim Dawn is the better game for me

"
Isnt german like english with longer words? Every german i met speaks english anyway seems not needed.

Haha, yeah you could say so. Like English, just ten times harder to learn. I'm glad i had to learn English and not the other way round.

Most difficult part of higher German is the ability to switch words around, though. The sentence keeps its meaning no matter how you place the words, can't do that in English.

Ex:

> The owner of the dog drives the car.

Switch "owner" and "dog" and it's a completely different sentence.

> Der Besitzer des Hundes fährt das Auto.

Same meaning as in English, although you can switch around the words and the meaning stays the same:

> Das Auto fährt der Besitzer des Hundes
> Des Hundes Besitzer fährt das Auto
> Das Auto des Hundes Besitzer fährt

Get in the wrong word at the right place and the meaning changes dramaticaly:

> Das Auto des Hundes der Besitzer fährt.

meaning: The owner drives the dog's car.

That kind of stuff is very uncommon in daily spoken or written German, but it is POSSIBLE and can really mess with your head.
"

You can successfully finish all acts and farm maps with self-found-only.

Just because you don't want to bother investing time into it, doesn't mean it's the game's fault.

QFT
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
veek91 wrote:
Whats makes you Germans have more right to have a translation than other big countries? Say Spain?

you're right, we have no right ;)

thing is: germans are spoiled when it comes to translated movies and books. for example you have to go at great lengths to see movies in the english original in cinemas.
most other nations just use subtitles.

i'm not sure a german translation is a good thing because of 2 reasons:

1.) it will split the current user base, my guess is it's at least 30% german players on ggg servers.
an example is guilds i've been in, the german half can handle both languages, the english speaking players are always excluded if someone writes something in german.

2.) german translations mostly come with a translation of names, seeing previous translations, poe will be no different. kaom will be called wilhel and merveil will turn to marianne resulting in both language groups having difficulties understanding each other even when speaking the same language.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Feb 1, 2016, 8:01:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info