2 Years and not German Translation.......whats wrong with you?

"
"
diablofdb wrote:
Because everything sound mean and everyone sound mad in German. And Greust would be too much of a dick.

And this is again one of the most stereotypical things you can say.

Germans have been portrayed as such. The German language is a beautiful and complex language. To master it takes skill, as grammar and spelling can be quite hard for a foreigner.

Also, this is something I only keep hearing from people who have never been in Germany.

Have you been in Germany?

Have you ever been outside of Germany? Because this is indeed what most people think of Germans.

To an outsider it sounds pretty intense
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
diablofdb wrote:
Because everything sound mean and everyone sound mad in German. And Greust would be too much of a dick.

And this is again one of the most stereotypical things you can say.

Germans have been portrayed as such. The German language is a beautiful and complex language. To master it takes skill, as grammar and spelling can be quite hard for a foreigner.

Also, this is something I only keep hearing from people who have never been in Germany.

Have you been in Germany?

I have never been to Germany myself, but have served in hotel and some of my best clients were german, and I have many good friends who speak German, of course it's just stereotypes it's how the language sound to ear when you don't understand it.

"

Then again it depends what accent we are talking about.

Where I come from, Austria, we get complimented from Germans and foreigners alike for our accent.
Yet we speak German. Just with our own accent.

And Germany itself has many different accents (so do we) and that can make the difference.

It's as if you would compare the accent from someone who's from Texas with someone who's from the Bronx, lol.

Not to mention that English itself has so many variants, different accents.

EDIT: And despite from what you might have heard or read, most Germans are actually very kind people. And our kind are not known for usually liking Germans, either. So take that from me.

Oh I'm sorry I think you've misunderstood me, I have absolutly nothing against German, I know some very cool people who are German some of them are goods friends. I was just talking about how the language sound sometime.

And about accent it is something interesting, every language have so many accents. And English have such a variety of accent since it's widely spoke, some of them are just nearly impossible to understand if you are not a native English speaker. Irish and Texans accent are really hard to understand.
"
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
"Let me bend your ear for a moment..."

I understood that reference. Which is why I prefer the original.

That's the point... I don't understand the reference. I just play, the History means nothing to me because I do not speak English. I understand many things but many escape me and I will not take a dictionary to play a damn game XD

It means: "Schenkt mir Euer Gehör für einen Moment."

This is an example for an easy translation where the meaning doesn't get lost.

In other cases, it could and probably will.

EDIT: Point is, if you translate it word for word, it doesn't make sense. Since it's a metaphor.
He doesn't "bend" your ear. He wants you to listen.

You absolutely miss the point. I speak Spanish, what you say is nothing for me... The real point is, translations allways are a plus, always appreciated although some do not really need.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Jan 26, 2016, 7:26:24 PM
They are always a plus if they are good. Unfinished translations are useless to both sides, and bad ones are detrimental. Rushed ones end up bad. It'll get there when it gets there and no sooner, and then you can play it in german if you want. Or Spanish. Whatever it is.

In the meantime, Ascendancy is coming out sooner, this is good.
Last edited by Aklyon on Jan 26, 2016, 8:11:26 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Jaille wrote:
"
Domah wrote:
I'm french and even if ggg release a french version, I will still play in english.

Vouch. I'd just play the french version at first to report typos and stuff :P

Bienvenue a Wraeclast 'sti d'sale exile..............tabarnac

lol I hope Greust talks like that
Grim Dawn has German translation and its mostly community driven I believe.
"
TheWretch wrote:
Have you ever been outside of Germany? Because this is indeed what most people think of Germans. To an outsider it sounds pretty intense

By outsider, you probably mean American, and most of them seem to have encountered the German language only in movies and TV shows. Most of the German that can be heard in movies and shows is actually nothing like the real thing and is usually spoken by actors whose first language isn't even German. It's more pronounced in TV shows. Or they watched some Hitler speeches or other crap where people shouted in microphones.

Above all, though, it depends on someone's origin. A German from Bavaria or the north coast, as well as someone from Switzerland, will sound "harsher" than someone who lives closer to the French boarder. Berlin people also tend to sound more melodic. I don't know how many times I heard from American friends and colleagues who were on the phone/skype when I spoke German to someone on another line, "I never knew German sounded so soft." Regional differences in language are, like everywhere in Europe, fairly strong to a point where someone from Munich may have genuine difficulties understanding someone from Hamburg.

It's not so different in the US. Someone from Texas sounds remarkably different from someone who is native to Hawaii. The latter's English is harmonic and beautiful, but not at all a representation of how all Americans sound. This applies to cultural aspects, too, even though most of the world thinks all Americans are like Texans. :)
Last edited by Mivo on Jan 27, 2016, 12:54:48 AM
Using internet and not knowing English is pretty annoying (to the person using internet). :-v Even if game gets translated, most news and other interesting stuff will be in English.
Trading? English.

Everyone would prefer their language to be "internet language", but it is as it is.

Good things is native speakers don't mind it too much when you slaughter the grammar and/or have terrible accent. /s
To be honest, it might be the only reason people don't want to speak - some people are just too stupid to understand that some people might not be speaking English for their entire lives. :-V (but at the same time it is nice to at least know basics, before trying to communicate)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Where I come from, Austria, we get complimented from Germans and foreigners alike for our accent.

What? The Austrian accent is maybe the 3rd worst, after sächsisch and schwäbisch. Swiss accent sounds nice, Austrian and Bavarian doesn't. :P
At least that's what most ppl in northern germany think.

"
EDIT: And despite from what you might have heard or read, most Germans are actually very kind people. And our kind are not known for usually liking Germans, either. So take that from me.

Don't overestimate and please also mention the omnipotent jellyness around here.^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info