[2.6] Omnislasher - Flicker Strike NUKE | 2 mil+ AoE DPS/ 11k ES+70% Block | UBER | Core | Shaper

CHONKEYY'S FLICKER STRIKE GUIDE FOR 2.3

Hello everyone! This is the dagger shadow that I've been rebuilding for God knows how many patches now even after countless nerfs and I finally had the time to share it. So far, this is probably the highest DPS I manage to get on this char. The balance between survivability and damage is definitely off the scale in this patch.. not favoring survivability obviously. But that also means, more dps = more fun.

"The best defense is to go break the game with dps"

Pros:
- God-mode omnislashing main attack
- Lightning fast clear speed
- 95% crit chance / 802% Crit Multiplier
- High HP buffer of ES - 11k AND 70% Block with Rumi's
- Arctic Armor defense (optional)
- Instant high amounts of leech
- Can do almost ALL map mods
- Hard target as flicker strike is also a movement skill

Cons:
- Cheap
- EXTREMELY gear dependent
- NOT beginner friendly
- Blood rage degen can be extremely annoying
- Flicker strike random targeting can get you lost if you get trigger happy
- Desyncs, even on lockstep (I shit you not)
- Careful of seizures :x

OFFENCE AND DEFENSE STATS: Patch 2.3
OFFENCE
Charges / Melee Splash / NO FLASKS - 1,014,961 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Melee Splash / FLASKED - 2,136,705 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / NO FLASKS - 1,317,789 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / FLASKED - 2,647,280 DPS
Spoiler

DEFENSE
Spoiler

Stats on previous patches

Patch 2.1
OFFENCE AND DEFENSE STATS:
OFFENCE
Charges / Melee Splash / NO FLASKS - 922,128 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Melee Splash / FLASKED - 1,337,798 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / NO FLASKS - 1,199,930 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / FLASKED - 1,660,764 DPS
Spoiler

DEFENSE
Spoiler

Patch 2.2

OFFENCE
Charges / Melee Splash / NO FLASKS - 958,776 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Melee Splash / FLASKED - 1,963,998 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / NO FLASKS - 1,221,541 DPS
Spoiler

Charges / Added Fire / FLASKED - 2,406,468 DPS
Spoiler

DEFENSE
Spoiler

GEAR

MY GEAR

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
ASSASSIN IS REQUIRED FOR THIS BUILD

Skyforth is ESSENTIAL to get the best out of this Flicker Strike Assassin, otherwise it will be a completely different build as you will have to find another way to generate power charges reliably.

If you cannot run 4 auras without having a considerable amount of mana leftover to spam flicker strike, DO NOT FORCE 4 AURAS. Hatred, Herald of Ash and Discipline is enough to cover most content. Arctic Armour is just a very nice bonus to counter reflect and to be able to sustain a facetank playstyle.

Blood Rage is enough to sustain frenzy charges, If its still not cutting it, use poacher's mark on curse on hit Herald of Ice (instead of ash) to keep charges up at all times.

PASSIVE TREE - 121 POINTS LVL 100

JEWELS

Tailor out your crit chance to 90%+ with charges with jewels with crit chance mods then balance out physical damage AND crit multiplier to your liking.

BANDITS
POINT - OAK(or point) - KRAITYN

Gear Explanation: + ALTERNATIVES

Examples:

DAGGER: This build uses them good old hard hitting daggers which are Platinum Kris and Demon Dagger as they have alot more base crit chance and base damage compared to Ambusher/Imperial Skean counterparts. Base damage and crit chance is what makes a flicker strike build strong, the higher the base damage is, the more rares/blues you 1 shot, higher base crit means you take less crit in the tree to get high realtime crit chance. Attack speed is already well provided by multistrike and flicker strike gem itself.

Examples:

HELM AND SHIELD: Crown of eyes is a great helm for CI attackers as it provides nice amounts of leech, ES, accuracy and damage from spell modifiers. The shield only further supports the unique mod of CoE, try and look for shields that have spell damage and about 350+ ES. Block chance is a nice addition as well.

Whilst other ES helms can work, CoE is the BEST helm for this build mainly because of the leech it provides.

Ideal enchantments for your Crown of eyes are FLICKER STRIKE DAMAGE AND AURA REDUCED RESERVATION.

Example:

ARMOUR: Standard issue Vaal Regalia or a high ES armor with 5 off-colors - VERY IMPORTANT - this allows you to use a pure dps 6L for maximum game breaking potential. If you don't wanna risk having to off-color 5 sockets on a 194 int item, Atziri's Splendour is a very very good alternative for ease of coloring, high ES and availability.

Example:

BELT: Any rustic or Doyani's belt with resists and possibly strength if you require so.

Example:

GLOVES: Maligaro's, atziri's acuity or 90% Facebreakers are the best choices here. How to choose between the the three? Try running maps with and without 60% slower regen, if you notice your flicker strike stuttering or suddenly stopping between attacks, chances are you might be running out of mana or frenzy charges. If it is a mana issue, stick with acuity, if not, go for maligaros or facebreakers if you have enough crit chance and these come with nice dps upgrades as well.

Example:

BOOTS: This part of the build carries the majority of the survivability work as well as your ONLY SOURCE OF POWER CHARGES. Skyforth is an amazing unique that manages stun so you don't have to go and get Unwavering Stance which is on the other side of the universe, and creates room for an extra aura for this build. These boots also an incentive to get Mana% nodes in the tree so you're able to spamn a 68 mana cost skill without running out of mana, thus making maligaro's usable.

If you do not have access to Skyforth Boots AND Enlighten gem yet, run Hatred + Discipline + Herald of ash in the meantime. Those 3 auras work just fine.

Examples:

RINGS:
For the rings, this is the order of priority of mods in a ring that you want to look for:

1. ACCURACY
2. FLAT PHYSICAL DAMAGE
3. OPEN PREFIX (for %ES)
4. RESISTS
5. WED

Why is weapon elemental damage mod the least priority you ask? Its because this is entirely built upon PURE PHYSICAL DAMAGE to maximize leech as well as take full advantage of the high base damage output that flicker strike does. A diamond ring is your best option but any ring base will do.

Examples:

AMULET: For the amulet, ALWAYS prioritize DPS affixes over defensive ones on this slot, there is a huge DPS potential to be extracted from a well rolled amulet so DO NOT make your amulet a more defensive item than it is offensive. Here is the order of priority for this slot:

1. FLAT PHYSICAL DAMAGE
2. CRIT MULTIPLIER
3. ACCURACY
4. CRIT CHANCE
5. PHYSICAL LEECH%
6. OPEN PREFIX (for ES%)
7. RESISTS AND WED

DEALING WITH REFLECT

Reflect becomes a problem at this extreme amounts of base damage DPS, to solve that, we will stack leech% and an almost MAX amounts of block% using:

Reflect cannot crit and can be blocked, therefore if the damage passes through the 73% block chance, the additional armor given by Rumi's helps mitigate the reflected damage by a LOT.

LINKS, COMBOS AND AURAS

6L Flicker Strike (AOE) R - R - R - R - G - B

This is the BEST 6L gem combo you can do for this build, if you think you're gonna need extra horsepowers to trample down a boss in mere seconds, simply switch Melee Splash gem for:

4L Frenzy R - R - R - G

We run a 4L frenzy for Single target bursting as well as for emergency frenzy charge generation and proc of fortify.

Auras are Hatred + Discipline + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor/Herald of Ice

CWDT Immortal call + a curse of your choice.

VIDEOS AND ADDITIONAL GUIDES

Reave Variant (IGNORE THIS: REAVE IS DEAD FOR 2.6)

Spoiler

If you are experimenting with a few skills to do, Reave also works well with the skill tree and gear of this build. Just swap out Increased Critical Damage to Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated effect and Melee Splash to Added Fire damage for maximum DPS.

Reave can be a fun skill to play around with especially if you are not using Lockstep and will suffer from the desync of Flicker Strike.

Using the same gear and same tree, I've been playing around with Reave the past few days I was able to log in and here are the results: (Patch 2.4)

Increased AoE Gem + NO Flasks
Spoiler

Increased AoE Gem + Flasks
Spoiler

Concentrated Effect + Flasks
Spoiler

Patch 2.4.3 Videos:

Shaper Kill with Blade Flurry a.k.a Scale-my-weapon Blade Vortex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5KzBrnO5Y&feature=youtu.be

Patch 2.2 Gameplay Videos:

Lvl82 Twinned Colosseum Map run featuring LAG once again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3I--BQuu4w&feature=youtu.be

Lvl80 Excavation Map with 60% slower regen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91Us2whTwY&feature=youtu.be

2.1 Videos
Lvl 82 Core Map: PS: THE LAG IN THIS MAP IS HORRENDOUS, FIX YOUR GAME GGG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyGKt2u18Lk

Lvl 80 NO REGEN Waterways Map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvrSdbk5NQ

Lvl 81 Shrine Map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhoXYWYAiag

Lvl 81 (T14) Conservatory Map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdVCNBWCFQ

DEATHLESS Uber Atziri Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWARpUTydyQ

I have made a guide on how to kill Uber Atziri back in 2.0, I did not deviate much from the strategy that I used back then and its as effective even at 2.1:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1388344

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions about the build feel free to message me in-game, my IGN is Chonkeyy.

Stay safe and keep breaking the game boyz!

Regards,

OJ8_Graz

Spoiler
MY BUILD STILL OP CHRIS, NEEDS MORE NERF
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Mar 26, 2017, 11:52:43 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2017, 1:27:47 PM
Change logs:

Patch 2.2
9/3/16
Updated for 2.2!

Sorry for the delay guys but here's how I mended the typical GGG nerfs this patch for this build. Initially after the deployment of the patch, the crit multiplier in legacy items have been nerfed by 33%: this includes my amulet and legacy maligaros for a total of an entire 100% lower multiplier from 2.1, crit chance has also been hit with the nerf of Nightstalker. This further supported my choice of Assassin for the build over Trickster or Occultist.

Change logs:
From passive tree:
- Ascended as ASSASSIN and took Deadly Infusion and Toxic Delivery
- Specced out of Nightstalker Cluster and True Strike but crit chance is still capped and multiplier is still above 700% because of Deadly Infusion
*If your critical strike chance is less than 90%, retain Nightstalker or True Strike
- Throatseeker is taken to make up for the nerfed Crit Multiplier
- Took 2 more aura clusters (Charisma and Leadership) to gain an extra aura - We now can run a 25% aura, You can use Herald of Ice here for extra clear speed - frankly this is overkill as the build already has one of the fastest clear speed in game, however, HoI can also be used for curse proc with Curse on Hit if you can fit it in the build. I chose Arctic Armor here because of the bonus Fire and Physical mitigation thats EXTREMELY useful against Uber Atziri now that flasks are nerfed.

- Enlightened Arctic Armor added and even with only 170 unreserved mana, flicker strike is still very much spammable even at 60% slower regen maps.
- If you CANNOT sustain flicker strike with 4 auras, drop arctic armor + Leadership and Charisma auras. AA is just an extra line of defense in addition to the almost max block, cwdt-enfeeble and high ES. The build works just fine with Hatred / Discipline / Herald of Ash.

I will further improve the build firstly with the Enchantments on the helmet and will continue to update the tree according to the upgrades that I will get from that. HF!

GEAR USED FOR 2.2:

Patch 2.3
7/6/16
BUILD GUIDE UPDATED FOR 2.3

Hey guys sorry for the late update as I have not been playing that much lately, but here's the 2.3 version of the build. The tree has changed since the 2.2 version picking up considerable amount of extra DPS and ES, DPS now starts at 1 million with the default set-up and up to 2.6 million on single target.

I did not bother investing points and gear modifications with the bleed and poison damage from toxic delivery, same goes for the additional DPS calculations for their degen as they are incredibly overpowered already and you will definitely notice their damage even if you just graze mobs with whirling blades - basically EVERYTHING MELTS before you even touch them with your 6L Flicker Strike.

The changes done to the gearing and tree are as follows:

- Dropped maligaro's for facebreakers for more multiplier (up from 716% to 802%).
- Specced out of a LOT of crit chance on the tree + crit chance on jewels and picked up an extra power charge to keep crit chance capped at 95%.
- Removed Force Shaper and replaced with Heartseeker, a jewel socket and an extra frenzy charge.
- Intuitive Leap is now added in the tree (socketed on the jewel slot to the right of the shadow start) to pick up a Frenzy and Power Charge.
- Still not using Vaal Haste but I will do some testing over the next few days and will try it out as I heard that flicker strike no longer crashes if you have way too much APS.

I'll try and improve the tree in the next few days when I have the time, and leave a post here if you guys have any questions, HF!

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Jul 6, 2016, 4:04:50 AM
Try to do the same without mirrored gear. Because right now it's not a Build but an Itemshowcase and there is a section for that.
"
Try to do the same without mirrored gear. Because right now it's not a Build but an Itemshowcase and there is a section for that.

That's just my gear which is the best I can give this shadow build to get its maximum potential. I put in Example gears which are relatively cheap that gets insane DPS for a fraction of the price, and honestly those were my gears when I started playing Flicker Strike way back in Ambush :)

Super flicker/reave build. How far realistically can you get with the alternative gearing?
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Super flicker/reave build. How far realistically can you get with the alternative gearing?

From the testing I did, Abyssus + bino's is almost the same DPS as a mirrored Platinum Kris, you're just gonna get a lot squishier because of Abyssus but I also found that a combination spam of Granite Flask of Iron skin + Taste of Hate spam, completely ignores that drawback + a bit of extra tankiness. So I'm sure up to Tier15 maps(apart from Core) would be a breeze with the alternative gear. Uber Atziri however, would be very tricky because of her ridiculous spear damage.

Sexy gear and nice guide :D Hopefully I'll be able to get my build to this level one day
I can't remember the exact mechanics of stun, so are you basically stun immune with Skyforth for any hit under ~ 9k?

The DPS is great for a glass cannon flicker, but without a max setup using a RRRRRG ES chest instead of your RRRRGB with ICD, it is clearly a step below. AF is better and you can't have that unless you use a shitty chest that isn't mirror worthy, which defeats the whole purpose of taking your DPS to the highest ever for FS.

Also, the survivability is poor, not balanced. If you don't get stunned unless a massive hit, assuming it's ~9k+, then that helps a lot. Having to take the entire blood rage degen is just really bad.

But even so, your optimization could be much better, and it starts with the mirror worthy chest.. passives, gem setups etc. Just IMHO.. and maybe what I point out is BS, as everything is a matter of preference, but I've also been playing and always trying to improve high end flicker for years, if that means anything.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jan 23, 2016, 1:27:52 AM
@_Mysteriez_
Thanks man! Hope you'll get there soon :D.

@Dark_Chicken
I agree the best DPS combo you can get for Flicker Strike is RRRRRG for that Added Fire damage. But getting the highest DPS is not my objective. My build particularly emphasize on getting the highest PHYSICAL damage possible that's why I chose ICD instead of AF.

The purpose of this is to obtain an immense amount of base damage by scaling hatred/hoa and at the same time get the maximum amounts of leech per hit from my gear and blood rage in order to instantly leech high damage attacks like flameblasts + an immediate spear from Uber Atziri. This also helps in leeching back blood rage degen'd ES as fast as possible. But as you said the variations are completely a matter of preference, I chose to still preserve my play style of offence becoming your best defense. Also I have yet to experience any survivability problems in mapping, no notable/fatal stuns yet apart from Shield Charges from a gang of Rhoas :P

Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Jan 23, 2016, 4:14:42 AM
Yes man. The flicKING is back! Fucking insane gear bro, love your work. So happy to see Chonkeyy back in action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info