Map drop is NOT fine and it is killing the fun

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
// this thread
public bool ArgueNewMetaphor(Metaphor NewDirection)
{
....if (argue(NewDirection))
....{
........//metaphors never win arguments, so always return false
........return false;
....}
....return ArgueNewMetaphor(NewDirection++);
}

// this code = F

postfix increment inside recursive statement. your code returns false if argue(NewDirection) returns false on the initial call, and overflows the stack if it doesn't. you never actually call anything than ArgueNewMetaphor(NewDirection)

/fail at understanding sarcasm. So apparently you support arguing endless metaphors on gaming forums?
Im telling you your code is wrong. it shouldnt be NewDirection++, but rather ++NewDirection

best for you to realize this mistake now than later in your code that actually matters
Last edited by grepman on Feb 8, 2016, 4:04:22 PM
I just realized I forgot to tell: That T6 and T9 drop were from the only T14 that ever dropped to me from maps. I have a second T14 which dropped from Uber Atziri.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
OK, to whoever told me that T14/T15 maps are nothing but T10s and not really harder: You either have no idea or are flat out lying. I just tried my first T14 map (Palace). I do rarely die in T10-T12 maps. I was completely obliterated by Uber Dominus. Badly. The first phase was no problem at all, but the second phase shred me to pieces. I asked a friend who had helped me on Uber Atziri before when I could not do her, he tried, but failed.

Because bosses are a minuscule part of a map and everyone usually just skips them.

This. This this this. Maps are NOT a boss gauntlet and, and by the looks of rest of that Palace was easy since you only bothered to mention the boss. Sure, you can make t14-t15 bosses "DIFFICULT CONTENT" if you roll the right mods. Back when Palace was a 78 map, I rolled a triple turbo (turbo, boss mods and Zana's onslaught) double boss (+other mods) map and a mapping buddy with full mirror gear failed to kill the bosses.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
OK, to whoever told me that T14/T15 maps are nothing but T10s and not really harder: You either have no idea or are flat out lying. I just tried my first T14 map (Palace). I do rarely die in T10-T12 maps. I was completely obliterated by Uber Dominus. Badly. The first phase was no problem at all, but the second phase shred me to pieces. I asked a friend who had helped me on Uber Atziri before when I could not do her, he tried, but failed.

Because bosses are a minuscule part of a map and everyone usually just skips them.

This. This this this. Maps are NOT a boss gauntlet and, and by the looks of rest of that Palace was easy since you only bothered to mention the boss. Sure, you can make t14-t15 bosses "DIFFICULT CONTENT" if you roll the right mods. Back when Palace was a 78 map, I rolled a triple turbo (turbo, boss mods and Zana's onslaught) double boss (+other mods) map and a mapping buddy with full mirror gear failed to kill the bosses.

So you are telling me that the challenge is not there because you redefine what content is. Awesome.

I would love to learn how to kill the Palace boss. I don't even care about the XP. It is fun though. But I cannot access the content. And you just proved that for ANY gear level, there is challenge to be had (just gated behind wealth in that case).

Too bad GGG doesn't let us challenge ourselves.
"
Char1983 wrote:

So you are telling me that the challenge is not there because you redefine what content is. Awesome.

Maps are 98% mobs, 2% boss. You only care about boss. You're trying to reach a very very niche part of the content.

"
Char1983 wrote:
I would love to learn how to kill the Palace boss. I don't even care about the XP. It is fun though. But I cannot access the content. And you just proved that for ANY gear level, there is challenge to be had (just gated behind wealth in that case).

Too bad GGG doesn't let us challenge ourselves.

Dude, seriously. Go to act3 merc and challenge domi there. Once you can do a no-hit run on him, you've already cleared t14 Dominus. On a 0-100 scale, one deals 10 damage while the other deals 80. Nothing else is different, what more is there to learn?

"I don't care about EXP" is not a fucking argument about balancing a part of the game where EXP gain is high. Jesus.
"
Maps are 98% mobs, 2% boss. You only care about boss. You're trying to reach a very very niche part of the content.

I care about challenge, but you don't (want to?) understand that. BTW, I died to the rest of the map once, too, because I made a mistake, because I am not used to such maps.

"
Dude, seriously. Go to act3 merc and challenge domi there. Once you can do a no-hit run on him, you've already cleared t14 Dominus. On a 0-100 scale, one deals 10 damage while the other deals 80. Nothing else is different, what more is there to learn?

I was not aware that Dominus on A3 has a grab that pulls you towards him. I thought I desynched, but realized later that it was the grab thingy. Maybe he has, but I had never seen that. How do you avoid that btw? In order to not get hit. I literally have no idea. Also, as I think I said, another guy who should know how to play (he has a lvl 100 character on Standard) joined with a lvl 94 ranger and ripped as well. He told me he couldn't do it.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"

I was not aware that Dominus on A3 has a grab that pulls you towards him. I thought I desynched, but realized later that it was the grab thingy. Maybe he has, but I had never seen that. How do you avoid that btw? In order to not get hit. I literally have no idea. Also, as I think I said, another guy who should know how to play (he has a lvl 100 character on Standard) joined with a lvl 94 ranger and ripped as well. He told me he couldn't do it.

Merc Domi should have that as well. Been a while since I last didn't facetank either merc Domi or Palace Domi's second phase so I'm not 100% on it. And I have no idea how to dodge it for the very same reason.
I do not think it is dodgeable. Also, I cannot stay inside the bubble because he shreds me. So, your advice is useless.
"
Ulrira wrote:
But I (or rather: we, I play with a couple of friends regularly) have never seen any T12+ drop. EVER.
I did.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
))))))))))))))
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
The very fact that it's basically the same 3-4 guys going out of their way time and time again to defend the current drop mechanics tells you all you have to know about the current situation.

A game in all of it's stages should appeal to the majority of it's playerbase and not the select few who are seemingly willing to put up with it's shortcomings. PoE never had a real sense of progression after you where done with the acts. Even Act4 is already a hodgepodge of weird design choices and has those detached dream stages in it, but at least the creature design was mostly consistent.

Maps on the other hand are basically like playing with a random number calculator, the (mostly reused) tilesets have more often than not nothing to do with the mobs present in the map and the bosses are (again mostly reused) amped up versions of stuff you already fought. It can't get more bland than that and on top of it it all happens in this "alternate dimension of mapping". You don't do maps because you enjoy what little of content they have to offer, you do them to progress. Mapping in itself is flawed, the drop rates only make it more noticeable because there is no incentive to run lower level maps apart from getting to higher ones.

I never understood why they didn't implement other ways to progress your char. They have awesome races like Endless Ledge and Descent, especially the latter would make for a far more enjoyable endgame experience. They could even make it open ended, who cares if your average guy (15-20 hours week) would get to 100 within 6-8 weeks doing it? It's like the game has no faith in it's own ability to offer enough interesting builds, so they make you grind your heart out to even max level one char.

So yeah, no matter the drop-rate map endgame will always be weak because it feels just so random and disconnected from the rest of the game world that I never really bothered to level a toon further than mid 80s. The experience of some players may vary, but I'm still convinced that the vast majority of players is not happy with the way endgame works currently.

And yes, this post is not entirely about drop rates, no need to point that out in a fullquote.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info