Map drop is NOT fine and it is killing the fun

I am literally stuck at t8's at lvl 92 I chisel alch and make sure all maps I do are high lvl for supposed returns. Just finished a t11 that was the result of me upgrading every set of maps in my 3 full tabs of LOW maps to a t9 and I got 2 lucky drops. The stash tab accumulation was well over 2 weeks of picking up EVERY map that fell. I join in other peoples parties and have fun playing higher tiered content but I am trying to be able to get talismans to do the rigwald challenge and HOW am I supposed to farm 125+ 80 talismans (ya i know i can use some 78's and 79s due to the weighting etc) when I can't even get the maps that could drop them to be available to me?

I totally understand and agree that it shouldn't be easy to progress or even be able to sustain the top tier maps 14-15 and to keep them as something special but gating the mid tiered maps to this horrid rng has frankly sucked all the fun out of playing in this league. Yes I can go back to standard and do the high level content with my other toons without a problem but I actually want to have a shot at playing and completing the challenges here without resorting to going to 820 and taking one of the numerous people who sell the higher challenges for 10-50c a pop(which I could afford to do) but to get a t6,5,4,1 back from 2 weeks of upgrading to a t11 map is not only not rewarding but it is demoralizing.

I love the fact that poe isn't p2win but if you keep making the game punishing and NOT fun for people whom have supported you in the past it will hurt your bottom line.

Hell I would even be happy if GGG just responded to this topic as there have been TONS of threads about how crappy the rng gating is for maps and it feels like it is ignored.

It does also feel like the map drops in this league are MUCH worse than they are in standard.

Anyways just my 2 cents and think of it this way, I was unhappy enough with the state of things to leave the game and post this instead. This is how player bases get shifted from one game to another.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Been playing Grim Dawn lately. No desync and the end-game content isn't RnG-gated. AMAZING.

I do miss Path though and I really wish they took some of this honest feedback to heart once in awhile. Map drops are really streaky and in no way balanced. A rare monster in a level 77 map can drop a level 68 map but they can't drop a 79 map? If the levels (tiers, whatever they want to call it) are going to be restricted in level then it should be in both directions especially since only the bosses can drop the SUPER DANGEROUS +2 maps (which is one of the dumbest changes they ever made). It's also ludicrous that beyond mobs and exiles cannot drop maps at all.

Pre-2.0 maps were fine. I love the new map mods that add rarity, etc but the drop balance is way off still and they've buffed it twice since their initial nerf when 2.0 was released.
Just alch-and-go T10s. It is easy to sustain T10+!

/end sarcasm
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Hi

What happens to houses built on too much RNG.

What gets me more then inconsistent item/exp curves? Finally getting Zana, the supposed map master, to max lvl and she still only offers T7 maps for sale, NOTHING CHANGED!

All in all these map changes definitely get 3/10 but as usual GGG fails at polishing anything off to a decent standard. Grim Dawn now that's a standard and Crate does it with half the amount of people then GGG. Maybe GGG needs to have less people or get some lessons in how to keep a game at a certain standard of professionalism?

I find also what kills the fun for POE endgame? NO BLOODY ENDLESS MAELSTROM OF CHAOS DUNGEON ANYMORE with random giant loot chests because some wet napkin of a human thought that wasn't a fun feature to keep in POE...Endgame needs more choices besides: hope for enough map drops of a high enough tier to sustain you to perhaps eventually getting to lvl 100 OOOORRRRRRRRR start a new character for the billionth time but been waiting for something like that to happen can sit right beside the joke that is trading in this game, still waiting on that supposed fix/upgrade to perhaps end the spam fest that gives cancer in minutes trade forum.

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
A map thread what a surprise only 99999999999 left to go before GGG realizes something is wrong.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Map drop is fine. Wtf are you talking about? You just want transmute and go? Chisel > Alc > 80 IIQ, 30 packsize and go. And don't forget about bloodlines or chests or shrines. Also don't play solo, find a friend who can support you with double/quadra curse or play support and run maps for free :D
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
A rare monster in a level 77 map can drop a level 68 map but they can't drop a 79 map?
[...]
Pre-2.0 maps were fine.

Do you know that in pre 2.0 you couldn't get 79 map from any monsters?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jan 21, 2016, 4:46:46 PM
I think this is the first game could be called S2W (Suffer to Win).
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
^^ And the obligatory "Map drops are fine" post to completely confuse GGG.

LOL. I love this game and forums some days.

Is it bad? yes. Is it fine? yes.

haha!

Last edited by Prizy on Jan 21, 2016, 5:18:21 PM
"
^^ And the obligatory "Map drops are fine" post to completely confuse GGG.

LOL. I love this game and forums some days.

Is it bad? yes. Is it fine? yes.

haha!

Why does different people have different choices and opinions?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info