Map drop is NOT fine and it is killing the fun

The whole
1-2: 0
3-4: 1
5: 2
6: 3
thing was actually based on real map drop patterns. I wasn't just making shit up willy-nilly, that's what the RNG actually looks like.

But hey, go ahead and exaggerate it if it gives you a laugh.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The whole
1-2: 0
3-4: 1
5: 2
6: 3
thing was actually based on real map drop patterns. I wasn't just making shit up willy-nilly, that's what the RNG actually looks like.

But hey, go ahead and exaggerate it if it gives you a laugh.

I know. The more important question, though: Did you read the rest, too?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 3, 2016, 10:55:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The whole
thing was actually based on real map drop patterns.

interesting thread, but still you keep forgetting one thing that seems to have no place in the equation and it is very important. someone actually summed it up quite nicely in this thread.

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
This being true doesn't change the human response part of the equation. Which is why I still hold firm that while it's ok to rng gate the most exclusive endgame content it's not ok for the majority of a character's endgame phase.

People are still going to expect a proportionate output to their perceived input and if they get boned 'enough' times then the cumulative negative experiences appear to outweigh the good even if as you have shown that's not literally true.

the human element. all those numbers are meaningless and always will be when it comes to human emotions, perception and experience, as subjective as they may be.

Qvis contra nos ?
Last edited by Feins_ on Feb 3, 2016, 11:56:49 PM
// this thread
public bool ArgueNewMetaphor(Metaphor NewDirection)
{
....if (argue(NewDirection))
....{
........//metaphors never win arguments, so always return false
........return false;
....}
....return ArgueNewMetaphor(NewDirection++);
}
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 4, 2016, 8:33:47 AM
"
Feins_ wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
This being true doesn't change the human response part of the equation. Which is why I still hold firm that while it's ok to rng gate the most exclusive endgame content it's not ok for the majority of a character's endgame phase.

People are still going to expect a proportionate output to their perceived input and if they get boned 'enough' times then the cumulative negative experiences appear to outweigh the good even if as you have shown that's not literally true.

the human element. all those numbers are meaningless and always will be when it comes to human emotions, perception and experience, as subjective as they may be.

Yup. Head of the nail, meet hammer.
+1
OK, to whoever told me that T14/T15 maps are nothing but T10s and not really harder: You either have no idea or are flat out lying. I just tried my first T14 map (Palace). I do rarely die in T10-T12 maps. I was completely obliterated by Uber Dominus. Badly. The first phase was no problem at all, but the second phase shred me to pieces. I asked a friend who had helped me on Uber Atziri before when I could not do her, he tried, but failed.

So yeah, there is that. T14 maps ARE harder than T10 and T11. I would love to be allowed to do them on a regular basis. Nope, not happening.

It sucks. The content is there, but I am not allowed to play it. It sucks really hard.

Oh BTW, 29% pack size, 145% IIQ, Zana Domination mod, cleared everything but the boss. This dropped:

Awesome. Really fucking awesome. I guess I need to learn how to roll maps.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
// this thread
{
....{
........return false;
....}
}

// this code = F

postfix increment inside recursive statement. your code returns false if argue(NewDirection) returns false on the initial call, and overflows the stack if it doesn't. you never actually call anything than ArgueNewMetaphor(NewDirection)
"
grepman wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
// this thread
{
....{
........return false;
....}
}

// this code = F

postfix increment inside recursive statement. your code returns false if argue(NewDirection) returns false on the initial call, and overflows the stack if it doesn't. you never actually call anything than ArgueNewMetaphor(NewDirection)

/fail at understanding sarcasm. So apparently you support arguing endless metaphors on gaming forums?
"
Char1983 wrote:
OK, to whoever told me that T14/T15 maps are nothing but T10s and not really harder: You either have no idea or are flat out lying. I just tried my first T14 map (Palace). I do rarely die in T10-T12 maps. I was completely obliterated by Uber Dominus. Badly. The first phase was no problem at all, but the second phase shred me to pieces. I asked a friend who had helped me on Uber Atziri before when I could not do her, he tried, but failed.

So yeah, there is that. T14 maps ARE harder than T10 and T11. I would love to be allowed to do them on a regular basis. Nope, not happening.

It sucks. The content is there, but I am not allowed to play it. It sucks really hard.

Oh BTW, 29% pack size, 145% IIQ, Zana Domination mod, cleared everything but the boss. This dropped:

Awesome. Really fucking awesome. I guess I need to learn how to roll maps.

I absolutely agree both with this post and with OP. T7-9 maps (those I can sustain) are too easy. But I (or rather: we, I play with a couple of friends regularly) have never seen any T12+ drop. EVER. I alone have 3 chars above 80. Not a single one. Absolutely impossible to get the challenges done apart from simply buying the maps I would need. And how much fun is that?

I don't care how many people say it's fine. For many people it's not. It's killing our fun. For real.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info