Blade Fall need to be destroyed?

Reflect is the only thing keeping this game from being a complete snorefest for ranged attackers and flickers and even then there are still a few ways to completely ignore it in its current form.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
You just see from the numbers how dumb overpowered blade fall is;

Lv20 Gem: 633/0.8 = 800 DPS pure phys

Lv20 Flameblast: 251/0.2=1200 DPS (-1 gemslot cuz penetration) and this does not consider that you have to move to trigger the explosion

Lv20 Arc: 466/0.8 = 583 DPS

Lv20 Tendrils: 242*4/0.8 = 1200 DPS

So, beeing able to hitting full screen with 800 Base DPS is considered ok? Like really ?

Not even Tendrils can compete and thats considered a strong melee caster skill.

Edit:

EK is another skill i do not understand from balancing

lv20 Gem: 955 DPS, doesnt require penetration, and can be extended from melee to mid range via proj speed and further via chain..

Sure, if spell gems getting this handling, we always going to have a 2 skill only league..

Base damage is generally not the most important aspect of a primary skill, aoe propagation is.

EK requires faster projectile investment and is may as well not exist in the presence of bladefall.
I am absolutely fine with spell casters having strong spell options, god knows they need it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 21, 2016, 7:18:17 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

you know what is sad.... thats still half of what an average coc build should give o.o

Discharge/CoC is in the game for guys that like easy road...we have all built one...leave it.. still costs 100ex to do it right.

Only thing is it cripples casters because anything you can do self cast you can do better CoC. lulz

Git R Dun!
Actually, we already have a good version of Reflect Damage for fast-hitting builds: Corrupted Blood. Mostly not dangerous, but can be if you're not paying attention. Mostly countered by a flask, which isn't hard but it's NOT automatic.

I would like to see a version for single big hits. For example, something like...

Voidfire
Hitting this monster Ignites you as if hit with Fire Damage equal to x% of the Damage you dealt

Since you can only have one Ignite on you at a time, it would be essentially the opposite of Corrupting Blood. And just pop a Dousing and you're fine. If you hit REALLY hard you can even pop a Ruby beforehand.

Something like that would be nice. But this would reflect-damage versus instant leech thing we have had is just silly. Map mod and Vaal Pact included.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 21, 2016, 9:22:32 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Actually, we already have a good version of Reflect Damage for fast-hitting builds: Corrupted Blood. Mostly not dangerous, but can be if you're not paying attention. Mostly countered by a flask, which isn't hard but it's NOT automatic.

I would like to see a version for single big hits. For example, something like...

Voidfire
Hitting this monster causes you to Ignite as if hit with Fire Damage equal to x% of the Damage you dealt

Since you can only have one Ignite on you at a time, it would be essentially the opposite of Corrupting Blood. And just pop a Dousing and you're fine. If you hit REALLY hard you can even pop a Ruby beforehand.

Something like that would be nice. But this would reflect-damage versus instant leech thing we have had is just silly. Map mod included.

Stop making bad suggestions.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm sure it's a hipster thing to do suddenly talk about the good 'ol days where reflect used to exist (In every single waking corner of the game) but can we be actually for real now.

Like really, next thing people are going to stay that the game isn't dangerous enough for range so they need to remove the timer of monsters with leap like abilities so we can get chained locked to death by enemies constantly jumping on us.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jan 21, 2016, 9:48:28 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I'm sure it's a hipster thing to do suddenly talk about the good 'ol days where reflect used to exist (In every single waking corner of the game) but can we be actually for real now.

Like really, next thing people are going to stay that the game isn't dangerous enough for range so they need to remove the timer of monsters with leap like abilities so we can get chained locked to death by enemies constantly jumping on us.

It's very much Russian roulette. Player damage and clear is like twice of what it was but monster damage and RIP scenarios have been increased by far more. Corrupting blood, bears, burst damage, trololo map bosses etc.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
This reminds me of the elemental proliferation topic, anyone still use that gem?
"
Pilla wrote:
This reminds me of the elemental proliferation topic, anyone still use that gem?
I do. But just for fun, and not on any of main characters.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Its hilarious how ppl still call for CoC nerf when:

- only viable (rly viable) option of CoC is Cyclone +- discharge + vagan
- its VERY expensive to be really effective (Atziri/Uber)
- to start doing decent dmg you NEED to have at least 6l Voll's Protector which is 10ex+ from start
- Vagan dagger with good base and not bricked is VERY expensive (1ex++ for good base and regal).

Strength vs affordability is terrible.

While on the other side Poison + Phys spells + chaos is a no brainer and cheap as dirt.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jan 22, 2016, 5:22:41 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

you know what is sad.... thats still half of what an average coc build should give o.o

Discharge/CoC is in the game for guys that like easy road...we have all built one...leave it.. still costs 100ex to do it right.

Only thing is it cripples casters because anything you can do self cast you can do better CoC. lulz

??????? coc costs 100 exa? some one must have been over paying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info