Difference between melee and range builds.

main difference

melee build: they die
ranged build: they dont die

ok next
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
@ goetzjam. The reason why people like to play melee because of their own preference not because it is powerful and op like range builds. Melee is challenging especially RT melee. Range builds can still do damage on a boss or op monster while dodging or evading manually. Melee cant do any damage for some bosses if they want to stay alive. Some melee builds cant do shit that is the fact. What is the first build that killed atziri normal/uber? isnt it range build? what build reached lvl 100 first in HC? isnt it range build? and for the gears? range builds dosnt need expensive stuffs to do that. I remeber mathil is the first person to kill uber with ST build. If he chose to play melee like cyclone-cleave-dualstrike can he successfully kill uber atziri in a short period of time like he did in ST build??? since from the beginning im playing melee build. For me RT melee build needs a buff in Survivability. DPS is fine. For some people if you want a very High DPS melee just go for crit then that will solve your problem.
Last edited by HudaZki on Feb 11, 2016, 8:38:28 PM
"
FULL_SYNTEC wrote:
main difference

melee build: they die
ranged build: they dont die

ok next

Right, but other game try to balance it and reduce melee die situation, when GGG only adding more and more anti melee stuff to the game.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I don't understand why people are against the whole idea of melee being powerfull .

Melee already has a huge downside , it needs playstyle specific tools to get to the target survie its mechanics and deal damage to it .

But the problem here in this game is pretty simple , everyone regardless if they are ranged or melee have the freedom to use the same tools for dps and survival which shouldn't have been the case .

Something has to change , but not entirely sure how the change may happen so it doesn't contratict with the design ideas of GGG or maybe these ideas are not up to date anymore and they need to rethink the whole thing .

Pretty sure that by now it's obvious that melee needs rework , a simple buff or nerf will not do the job though . The change must be something that locks certain tools to certain playstyles and we all know that GGG won't let this happen at least for now .

Agree
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I'm going to try the game (dam the allocating space is VERY long) and I'm a bit sad to read that. Nothing better than close range in Diablo like games, so it's a shame if it's very unbalanced in favor of long range.

For me a fun melee should have some dodging active skills, some crowd control at least control of small crowd, some small AOE, some single enemy control, some extra healing source involving a bit of risk, and so on. It's not fun to play a close range that just stand up and hit and tank.

When I see only 5 active skills, i'm thinking, ok all my fun close range build was with more skills than that, there's a problem. But ok let try the game anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info