Difference between melee and range builds.

"
LSN wrote:
Good forum administration should include the removal of ppl. that impede the discussion and take the right to use 50% of the thread for their own posts. Especially if it is bullshit like that.

So if my review of the thread so far is bullshit, then why isn't your thread bullshit. Nothing in your post has anything to do with the discussion at hand its literally just to get a negative response out of me.

A good forum poster would have messaged me with his "problem" instead of just posting it here, its like I have that message in my signature or something.

By all means since you've already mentioned it, explain your reasoning on why that is "bullshit", because you disagree with it, because it isn't a factual representation of what has been said so far. Naw better just make a bullshit statement of your own and leave it at that.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
None other than you is derailing threads. And you do this as a profession I believe.
"
LSN wrote:
None other than you is derailing threads. And you do this as a profession I believe.

Me taking the time to respond to you in a thread, instead of a PM is the very definition of derailing a thread.

As far as profession, yeah I totally make boatloads from GGG by posting what I think, actually you know what look over here >>>>>>>>>>>>

Thats actually just me spending money and overall me spending time on something I spend money on so I can see improvements to the game and not "terrible" or non needed changes.

(if you don't have anything relative to add to the discussion then just PM me stuff like this, seriously I will respond)

FeelsBadMan

Why don't you contribute to the topic, which is about how to fix the disparity of melee and ranged instead of over and over writing stuff like everything is fine and nothing can be done. There are alot of good suggestions in this thread which you derail. I wont repeat what others have said.
"
LSN wrote:
Why don't you contribute to the topic, which is about how to fix the disparity of melee and ranged instead of over and over writing stuff like everything is fine and nothing can be done. There are alot of good suggestions in this thread which you derail. I wont repeat what others have said.

I really don't understand why you think goetzjam isn't contributing. He has good points, pull your head out of your backside.
"
"
LSN wrote:

I really don't understand why you think goetzjam isn't contributing. He has good points, pull your head out of your backside.

Just one of the many haters of mine I guess.

Bound to rub people the wrong way given my amount of post and the topics I choose to be active in are typically contested topics.

If nothing else my summary can help people from having to read every single post in this massive thread, but somehow i'm contributing less then someone just bashing the GGG moderators?

FeelsBadMan

I myself find a difference between ground slam and heavy strike. I run a ground slam only build and all though I still consider it melee it's more like "melee caster" compared to lets say Heavy strike which more like Standard Melee. I tried out heavy strike and ground slam just because of the range was by far the better choice pretty much 80% of the time. I guess the community needs to think up ways to separate them without offending people. best way would probably be to do it like league of legends where they have a Family(MAGE) then they have sub familys under those so when they say we are updating "control mages" everybody already has a rough idea of what they are talking about because Ground Slam/reave and heavy strike/dual strike aren't close to the same playstyle even if both are considered melee.
Last edited by Shinobi543 on Feb 10, 2016, 5:33:00 PM
You could separate them by calling the skills needing a target lock and hit "contact melee" while the AoE and projectile skills could be called "melee caster" as you cast something out with your attack.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Your summaries are wrong and your arguments are mostly made-up.

You are the typical guy that thinks buying supporter titles and at best having a general idea about stuff gives you the right to talk about things that you don't understand.

Basically everyone agrees that there are fundamental issues with melee vs. ranged and many gave good suggestions to close that huge gap but you still come up with your made-up explanations and arguments to claim the opposite in order to derail the thread.

Let me tell you one thing. With the kind of gear that you show in your char tab (better hide that next time), ranged is not that much better compared to melee at certain points of the game (beginning of endgame). If you compare top-end gear melee vs. ranged then the issue is the most visible. Ofc you cannot report from that first-hand. You probably have never joined a map rotation and saw high end ranged gear in action anyway.

But on the other hand ppl have reported enough about things like leveling up with spells/bows even tho building a melee charackter. If all that is no issue, then this thread can be closed. However if it is an issue, then Goetz must get banned out of it for blatantly lying and derailing.
Last edited by LSN on Feb 10, 2016, 7:05:42 PM
First off, I don't agree with everyone. I think defensive boosts to melee are a waste of time. Offensive boosts, too. I think nerfing ranged is the only way to achieve balance. I also think it'll never happen. My best advice to people in this thread is justice will never be yours, and invest in bow builds. (I guess suggestions to make melee more ranged would help, too.)

Second, I don't think goetz is deliberately trolling. I think he is opinionated and has an atrocious signal-to-noise ratio, but I also think he's learning over time (perhaps despite himself). I think everyone wants to believe they have a general idea about stuff, even when they don't, and that there is no crime in that. And I feel that, awhile perhaps he is being overly defensive, you're being overly aggressive towards him.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2016, 7:10:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info