Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Hi there Folks!

Have been gone for a while and couldn't invest much time into PoE.

However i still managed to upgrade my gear a bit and try out some stuff.

Here's my new gear:

This is my maximum DPS gear, for mapping i run mostly
Spoiler

Small Tweaks i miss so far:
Freaking Wrath lvl 21. I'm on 0/15 right now in terms of vaal orbing these.
12 iAS on my new Boots for higher clear speed, so the damage values below should be slightly higher if i'd get myself to run the lab to get the enchant.

Mediocore Tweak:
Getting a better Chest piece (T1 Life, sligthly more res/more Evasion)

Anyway, for all the numberwarriors out there:

Buffed in Hideout (HoT,Wrath,IceGolem): 106.236 LA, 64.406 BR
Buffed with 3 Powercharges and 6 Frenzycharges: 177.883 LA, 108.865 BR
Buffed with 3 Powercharges, 6 Frenzies, Vaal Haste and Atziri's promise:

234.273 LA, 144.837 BR

Funny experiments/expierences i made:

Killed Double Uber Vaal _BEFORE_ they submerged.
Killed Uber Atziri in Splitphase before she was able to fully finish her first Flameblast (Was a risky move to just try out stuff, usually i move after first 1-2 BR shot so i can dodge her FB, i just used Mirror + Blinkarrow to distract and hope for the best)
Killed 2 of the Uber Trio at once with bursting Volleys of Blast Rain.
Killed Double Infernal King Boss on Abyss map within 3 Seconds.
Reached 800k DPS with Headhunter, Haste Shrine and Soul eater.

Things i tried which i (partly) mentioned several weeks ago:
-Replacing Poison with Increased Critical strikes (Crafted a 4 offcolour VR for that)
Nope, just nope. Poison - even after the nerf - is still so strong that you should stick to that. You can, however, go Pathfinder and def. replace the poison gem, it still felt like the poison was a bit weaker but Pathfinder is really strong for mapclearing again.
-Replacing Rare Boots with Blooddance +1 Frenzy And go Rare res. gloves instead: Uhm yeah, it works, especially if you're raider and benefit double on the frenzies. It's actually super insane for mapclearing. If you want to go headhunter AND Blooddance it requieres some serious tweaking for resists.
-Attackspeed vs. Highimpact damage: From my experience: Do NOT focus on attackspeed, especially if you want to run -Regen and noregen maps smoothly. You just deplete your Manapool too quickly.
-Going Acrobatics PLUS the dodge Wheel afterwards (havent reached phase acro yet): Man...this made my life SOOO much easier. Dodge is really reliable, especially if you combine it with Basalt and Quartz Flask. I only died once from 95 to 98 due a stupid mistake i made. So. DODGE FOR THE WIN.

So, if you guys have questions, feel free to ask. I have downloaded OBS but havent found motivation to do some videos yet.

If you want to have videos on any kind of stuff like mapping or w/e, i can arrange that i guess.

regards,
Damier
Last edited by Damier on Apr 15, 2016, 9:59:30 AM
On scion tree, wouldn't points be better spent on heavy draw or deadly draw line instead of near the ranger start?
"
Robertthebob wrote:
On scion tree, wouldn't points be better spent on heavy draw or deadly draw line instead of near the ranger start?

Voltaxic doesnt benefit close to at all from physical damage increases. So on both, heavy and deadly draw, the phys part would be wasted.

Hopefully that helped.
Yup, absolutely. Was still thinking old Neversink build. :)
First of all epic build and many thanks. Enjoying this build in Perandus a real lot:

Rhoas Spikes on Death just freak me out - i think i died 3 times today just becuase of this useless bs. Wonder if picking acrobatics and arrow dancing will help that a lot - used to play tshot ranger before with acro/phase acro but never felt the need of picking arrow dancing - surprisingly i never felt so annoyed by the rhoas before. At the moment @lvl90 they are the only thing that can kill me. Atzrir is a piece of cake. Fucking Rhoas make those maps where they spawn almost unplayable for me at the moment.

Maybe switch to lightning coil as well *although idk how to cap resis atm gg*...one thought. Picked arrow dancing for now to see if it helps a bit. Maybe someone got advice how to get the build spikes on death rhoa proof if you bust a huge mob :)?

current gear:

tree pretty much Mathils default, no arrow dancinc/acrobatics picked atm. 4,8k life pool.

Hell i miss the old day where enduring cry did not have to be self cased.

Cheers!

*update: arrow dancing certainly seems to help ... will post how it goes on.
Last edited by Rakelholz on Apr 15, 2016, 6:51:01 PM

Hi, is this any good for the build? And what about elemental focus gem? can it work with the LA or BR set up? thanks
Spoiler
"
Rakelholz wrote:
First of all epic build and many thanks. Enjoying this build in Perandus a real lot:

Rhoas Spikes on Death just freak me out - i think i died 3 times today just becuase of this useless bs. Wonder if picking acrobatics and arrow dancing will help that a lot - used to play tshot ranger before with acro/phase acro but never felt the need of picking arrow dancing - surprisingly i never felt so annoyed by the rhoas before. At the moment @lvl90 they are the only thing that can kill me. Atzrir is a piece of cake. Fucking Rhoas make those maps where they spawn almost unplayable for me at the moment.

Maybe switch to lightning coil as well *although idk how to cap resis atm gg*...one thought. Picked arrow dancing for now to see if it helps a bit. Maybe someone got advice how to get the build spikes on death rhoa proof if you bust a huge mob :)?

current gear:

tree pretty much Mathils default, no arrow dancinc/acrobatics picked atm. 4,8k life pool.

Hell i miss the old day where enduring cry did not have to be self cased.

Cheers!

*update: arrow dancing certainly seems to help ... will post how it goes on.

If you would have scrolled up a bit and read what i wrote you would have seen that i adressed that issue. Generally always dig through the forums before posting your question, most likely it is already answered somewhere.

Anyway, i had the same Problem times ago and i m running arrow dancing + the acrobatics wheel (no phase acrobatics) + Bismuth and quartz Flask. This basically 100% solved the Porcupines issue.

"
xaikman14 wrote:

Hi, is this any good for the build? And what about elemental focus gem? can it work with the LA or BR set up? thanks

Which gem would you replace it for? It would be a 4th offcolour on both setups most likely.

The amulet is good, if you have some currency at times, you could actually think about exalting it at some point.

However, you usually want a quadfecta amulet (WED, Flat Lightning damage, Critical strike chance and multiplier). Yours is trifecta with life which is also valuable. You wont find a (cheap) replacement soon i'd imagine.

Last edited by Damier on Apr 16, 2016, 6:06:06 AM
"
Ayvi wrote:
Beat my previous 7 minute run with a 5:46 run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C945bd3kJk
Feel free pm me questions about my spec

whats your CWDT setup?

hey guys, was wondering where should I start upgrading my gear, I'm still pretty new and on a budget, so no 15ex amulets for me.
Passive tree is mathils version on a raider
Thanks in advance!
Spoiler
"
mewa wrote:

hey guys, was wondering where should I start upgrading my gear, I'm still pretty new and on a budget, so no 15ex amulets for me.
Passive tree is mathils version on a raider
Thanks in advance!

@Mewa

So if you really want to upgrade your stuff you will have to juggle around a lot. Since your chest is 6L already and you said you re on a limited budget i guess you will have to stick to it for now. If you might happen to be able to replace it with one with more overall resists (around 100-120+) you should def. do that (keep the life @ 100+). It's one of 2.5 sources we use to gain resists (Boots, Chest and 0.5 due to belt where you rahter should prioritize WED and Life as well).

Anyway. Let's go into detail a bit:

Rings: WED, Flat lightning damage, Life and Resists. Intelligence is bonus usually. Remember that you can juggle A LOT around with rings, being 1 open suffix for a resist to craft on or an open prefix to craft lightning damage OR Life. You still want to have both damage mods on your rings.

Amulet: Tri or Quadfecta, means: 3 or 4 damage stats. If you choose to go 3 damage stats which is cheaper obviously, look out for amulets which offer you Multiplier and WED _or_ Addedlightning damage. Then focus on Life and resists and/or Intelligence. You can craft critical strike chance on an amulet, so there you go for the 3rd/4th stat.

Belt: Yours got already solid WED and some resists; if you happen to find one with more life and same WED/Resists, it would be great.

Your boots are fine, your helm needs enchant (Lightning arrow - you still use chain which cripples your damage per attack, if you can run lab anyway, try to get the "LA hits 2 additional enemies) or Blast rain(additional proj)) Try to get the 12% attackspeed when killed recently on your boots as well.

Helmet: As mentioned above (Enchant)

Quiver: Your quiver actually is really solid already, for the future you want to have these exact stats (WED, Flat lightning damage, Global Crit and Multiplier + Life ), just higher Life and Flat lightning damage, Quivers can roll up to 90-99 Life (T1). However, getting a serious upgrade for this quiver will be expensive.

Weapon: 6L Obviously.

Gems: Added Lightning damage 21/20 for the future, if you choose to level some in your 2nd Weaponslots, take those. They boost your damage by the highest margin by FAR (you need 2 obviously, 2nd in line would be Wrath and Herald of Thunder/Ice.

Assumption: I think your biggest issue right now is jewelry. Try to get better Rings/Amulet.

Hope that helped.

Last edited by Damier on Apr 17, 2016, 7:31:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info