Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Hey guys, I picked up this build and have been rolling with it since the start of Prophecy. It's been fun but it's come to a point where I really need to adjust my gear because I'm just ridiculously squishy at 4.5k-4.6k life. I'm used to having around 5.4k-6k life with my prior builds.

Aside from the fact I could get a Leather Belt I'm not sure what I should replace in order to gain some more life. At this point it seems I can either toss my Rat's Nest or Maligoros in exchange for a rare which would open up using Belly of the Beast.

What do you guys think?

As a side note would Shadows and Dust fit well with this build?
Last edited by Genera on Jul 4, 2016, 2:47:13 AM
I would love to see your current passive tree, too, since your character tab isn't public. Mathil's starting post was not updated for 2.3 and some tweaks have to be made to let the build shine in this patch.
"
Genera wrote:
Hey guys, I picked up this build and have been rolling with it since the start of Prophecy. It's been fun but it's come to a point where I really need to adjust my gear because I'm just ridiculously squishy at 4.5k-4.6k life. I'm used to having around 5.4k-6k life with my prior builds.

Aside from the fact I could get a Leather Belt I'm not sure what I should replace in order to gain some more life. At this point it seems I can either toss my Rat's Nest or Maligoros in exchange for a rare which would open up using Belly of the Beast.

What do you guys think?

As a side note would Shadows and Dust fit well with this build?

I dont know how you can feel squishy when you just roll over pretty every map you can think of. Except the core ofc. That boss is bleh to fight. I got 4,5 k HP & 47k dps on 5l and pretty much killed everything that is except Core with my char.

Gear to compare

About Shadow&Dust....They are great to speed up mapping. Its perma 50-80% MS
"
djnat wrote:
I would love to see your current passive tree, too, since your character tab isn't public. Mathil's starting post was not updated for 2.3 and some tweaks have to be made to let the build shine in this patch.

Whoops I thought I had set everything public. Should be fixed now.

"
Vulgarny wrote:

I dont know how you can feel squishy when you just roll over pretty every map you can think of. Except the core ofc. That boss is bleh to fight. I got 4,5 k HP & 47k dps on 5l and pretty much killed everything that is except Core with my char.

About Shadow&Dust....They are great to speed up mapping. Its perma 50-80% MS

Maybe I just roll really rippy mods. It's been a struggle for me to level ever since I hit 92. One minor mistake such as one basic attack from a ranged skeleton chunks me pretty hard. I know the solution is to simply not get hit but I like to have more of a buffer than what I have for now.
I suggest take out 20% crit chance and take arrow dancing. I also run rippy maps like Elemental reflect with -13 max res and some dmg mods for example and still I dont have problems. Maybe you should just generally shoot and kill offscreen instead of running into packs? As I said I run lvl 10-12 rippy maps with no problems. Offscreen killing packs ftw;p
I cant guess what is a problem? I got unbuffed 47k dps(only golem/wrath/herald on) 53% crit chance and 490 crit multi. I just one shoot packs offscreen.
Last edited by Vulgarny on Jul 4, 2016, 7:14:49 PM
Ok, so you are a Deadeye.

I'd suggest this passive tree.

This is the Acuity version. I personally hate Vaal Pact, but you can use it (as you are doing currently) if you can't get / don't like Acuity.

Forces of Nature and the "3 points" jewel sockets are obviously the last passive points to get.

Master of the Arena is also useless when running Vaal Pact.

As to your gear, you can get more life from belt, amulet and quiver if you really need it.

I am playing a Voltaxic Pathfinder and feel just fine with 5k HP, I felt squishy while leveling and prior to perfecting my gear because I had like 4.2k in the initial stages, but now my defenses are pretty solid and my last death was a lot of time ago.

I'm running Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's step, as of 2.3 spell dodge (46%) is really a strong option. You can get to spell dodge cap (75%) if you run Vaal Grace in place of Vaal Clarity.

Arrow dancing is a very good choice for a single passive point.
Last edited by djnat on Jul 4, 2016, 7:38:45 PM
"
Vulgarny wrote:
I suggest take out 20% crit chance and take arrow dancing. I also run rippy maps like Elemental reflect with -13 max res and some dmg mods for example and still I dont have problems. Maybe you should just generally shoot and kill offscreen instead of running into packs? As I said I run lvl 10-12 rippy maps with no problems. Offscreen killing packs ftw;p
I cant guess what is a problem? I got unbuffed 47k dps(only golem/wrath/herald on) 53% crit chance and 490 crit multi. I just one shoot packs offscreen.

It sounds like I'm not very good at the game.

I should off screen more. I have a bad habit of only shooting at things in my sight range.

"
djnat wrote:
Ok, so you are a Deadeye.

I'd suggest this passive tree.

This is the Acuity version. I personally hate Vaal Pact, but you can use it (as you are doing currently) if you can't get / don't like Acuity.

Forces of Nature and the "3 points" jewel sockets are obviously the last passive points to get.

Master of the Arena is also useless when running Vaal Pact.

As to your gear, you can get more life from belt, amulet and quiver if you really need it.

I am playing a Voltaxic Pathfinder and feel just fine with 5k HP, I felt squishy while leveling and prior to perfecting my gear because I had like 4.2k in the initial stages, but now my defenses are pretty solid and my last death was a lot of time ago.

I'm running Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's step, as of 2.3 spell dodge (46%) is really a strong option. You can get to spell dodge cap (75%) if you run Vaal Grace in place of Vaal Clarity.

Arrow dancing is a very good choice for a single passive point.

I hate Vaal Pact too but without instant Leech things get a bit sketchy. I'm saving up my pennies for Acuity but it's going to be awhile before I can earn 18ex.
No, playing without istant leech is a certain suicide vs all reflect maps.

Vaal Pact or Acuity - one of the two is a must have.
IGN: Biutifoul
Some hours ago I posted the ideal skill tree for a Deadeye. Take a look at it.

You need more life on jewelry, that's for sure. Belt can have a leather base for some extra health, too.

Drillneck is an "easy mode" option for nice damage at a low cost, but a rare spike-point arrow quiver with high health / crit multi / wed (and / or flat lightning damage) / crit would be a lot better. And obviously a lot more expensive.

You seem to be missing some crucial defensive keystones too: Phase Acrobatics, Arrow Dancing and Vaal Pact (which you will get soon btw, as you said).
Last edited by djnat on Jul 5, 2016, 12:26:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info