Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Namcap wrote:
I retract my previous statement that elemental reflect isn't a threat. I have no idea what happened but I played an ele reflect map last night and everything was going well. Get to a pack with a rare in it, 1 shot myself instantly. Really pissed me off since I was at like 89.8 and I want 90 for the challenge. Come back, look at the rare, not ele reflect, don't understand what is going on. Another LA on the group of like 4 monsters. 1 shot again. Flipped a table that I was now 20% down. Finished the rest of the map without any issues at all. I guess I crit shocked myself on reflect? Not too sure what I did but 5k hp instant death on a tiny pack when I'm killing packs of 30 monsters without issues the whole way through.

I was down to my last tier 8, ran it and got 2 tier 7 and a 9. Ran the 9 and got a whole bunch of 7-8 and an 11. Back to t7+ for now which is good. Found my very first carto box of the league in a t8. Dropped like 1 t7 1t8 and 5 t3 and below.

Did the map also have the -max res modifier? If so, it's very easy to risk death by reflect if you don't run PoL + Topaz Flask (better BOTH for extra safety).

EDIT: looking at your Raider's profile, I noticed you haven't got Vaal Pact. And you aren't wearing Acuity.

You will experience a lot of random deaths by reflect if you stay with that setup. :)
Last edited by djnat on Jun 27, 2016, 11:36:31 AM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
I retract my previous statement that elemental reflect isn't a threat. I have no idea what happened but I played an ele reflect map last night and everything was going well. Get to a pack with a rare in it, 1 shot myself instantly. Really pissed me off since I was at like 89.8 and I want 90 for the challenge. Come back, look at the rare, not ele reflect, don't understand what is going on. Another LA on the group of like 4 monsters. 1 shot again. Flipped a table that I was now 20% down. Finished the rest of the map without any issues at all. I guess I crit shocked myself on reflect? Not too sure what I did but 5k hp instant death on a tiny pack when I'm killing packs of 30 monsters without issues the whole way through.

I was down to my last tier 8, ran it and got 2 tier 7 and a 9. Ran the 9 and got a whole bunch of 7-8 and an 11. Back to t7+ for now which is good. Found my very first carto box of the league in a t8. Dropped like 1 t7 1t8 and 5 t3 and below.

Did the map also have the -max res modifier? If so, it's very easy to risk death by reflect if you don't run PoL + Topaz Flask (better BOTH for extra safety).

This was my first thought too.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Reflect is another reason why I love Pathfinder.
"
djnat wrote:
Reflect is another reason why I love Pathfinder.

Kinda sad Retch is not really available in Prophecy. I might make another Ranger later in the league, do Raider, and save it to respec during the next patch or content Tree Reset.
They should really make The Retch always available, maybe via Divination Cards, as it is for, let's say, Voll's Devotion. Maybe a corrupted version of it (the 4-6% area of effect corrupted implicit on belt is pretty yummy :D ).
Last edited by djnat on Jun 27, 2016, 1:01:38 PM
"
"
djnat wrote:

No -max modifiers. Map was standard mods that do nothing special for the build (other than ele reflect). I had no issues in any maps before or even throughout that map so not sure what was different for that pack. I spec in and out of Vaal Pact. I don't particularly love it with blood rage, guess I could rely purely on Raider passive for frenzy charges. No Acuity because I'm one of those idiots who doesn't trade and likes to use self found stuff. Would Vaal Pact prevent any 1 shots like this? Is it worth getting more than 0.4% life leech if I use Vaal Pact? Would save me 2 points if I don't need to fill the Vitality Void node.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
"
djnat wrote:

No -max modifiers. Map was standard mods that do nothing special for the build (other than ele reflect). I had no issues in any maps before or even throughout that map so not sure what was different for that pack. I spec in and out of Vaal Pact. I don't particularly love it with blood rage, guess I could rely purely on Raider passive for frenzy charges. No Acuity because I'm one of those idiots who doesn't trade and likes to use self found stuff. Would Vaal Pact prevent any 1 shots like this? Is it worth getting more than 0.4% life leech if I use Vaal Pact? Would save me 2 points if I don't need to fill the Vitality Void node.

Vaal Pact is a must have in all the open-to-reflect-mechanics builds.

You can remove Vaal Pact only if you use Acuity. As a raider, you should have a good frenzy charge uptime when mapping even if not running Blood Rage.

With Vaal Pact and the current Voltaxic, 2% life leech is highly recommended.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 27, 2016, 3:42:49 PM
Well tbh there's some RNG involved really. If you have Acro and Evasion and shoot Reflect monster, factors:

- Initial hit of LA, how many Phase II LA hit him?

- Evade Reflected attack; if evaded, no damage taken

- If not evaded, can Reflected attack be dodged?

- If no to both, take Reflected Damage and apply Resists etc.

All of this while your Life/Sec is ticking from Leech or instant if Vaal Pact.

I'm playing Inquisitor bow and honestly I don't die to Reflect that often (Acro, Arrow Dancing, Kaom's, dual Curse + Extractor Mentis), only time I die or am at risk really is when the Rare has like 2 friends and they arent Cursed.

If you don't like Blood Rage you can try Blood Dance boots, it is not a bad option imo.
Maybe it's only me, but I find Blood Dance terrible. A question of personal taste, I think.

In 2.3, in my opinion Atziri's Step and Darkray Vectors are miles ahead, especially considering the increased damage for a lot of monsters' abilities (skeletons casting sparks / fireballs / frostbolts are a serious PITA in -max / extra damage maps atm).

Also, the real value of the Phase Acrobatics + Vaal Grace + Atziri's step combo to cap spell dodge when mapping has risen to the stars in this patch.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 27, 2016, 4:11:17 PM
"
djnat wrote:
Maybe it's only me, but I find Blood Dance terrible. A question of personal taste, I think.

In 2.3, in my opinion Atziri's Step and Darkray Vectors are miles ahead, especially considering the increased damage for a lot of monsters' abilities (skeletons casting sparks / fireballs / frostbolts are a serious PITA in -max / extra damage maps atm).

Also, the real value of the Phase Acrobatics + Vaal Grace + Atziri's step combo to cap spell dodge when mapping has risen to the stars in this patch.

I loved Darkrays for a long time. But the 0 movement speed without frenzy charges paired with the "aura of can't see shit captain" was too much for me and I gave up at some point. From a pure defensive perspective though, 18% dodge from boots = godly. I switch to them once in a while, like for Izaro for example since the stash is before the fight, I'll switch to them in the hopes that they save me when I'm bad and don't move out of something. Hint: they are not enough to save me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info