Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Any idea how to optimize this build for 2.3 ? or RIP for sure ?

= ) no more ele reflect immune ?

i'm doing 124k dps LA in town. around 250k LA full frenzy charges + Flasks

Also choose to use Atziri glove > Maligoro because of leech + regen-able (& save 1 passive point in tree and very little degen from Blood Rage)

How to be ready for 2.3 ? = )

On a separate note,
Voltaxix Spark is also RIP ?

Well jeah basically you can take that voltax now to scratch your back.

60% conversion = 40% less conversion. Also = less scaling with void manipulation
and chaos damage modifiers in the tree. So you´ll do a quite serious amount of lightning
damage asides in the future, making you partitially open to ele reflect. = Atziri mirror
phase is now also not gonna work "eyes shut". Have not heared about the ice wall interaction
beeing removed (think this will be a certain one shot on reflect in the future)

So damage will go down, you´ll do enough ele dmg in endgame to blow yourself into bits and pieces. Sure of course with 60% conversion you are still safer than a plain phys crit bower. Though damage
output is certainly gonna go down - and we don´t exactly know how they rebalance ascendancy - really
not sure if i still want to play this.

Would be sweet if Mathil - if he reads this - would give his own estimation on this. I personally think the build is kind of RIP because of this. They said "they still want to make it viable" For me viable is not = jeah it might still work as a build, but it won´t be as good as it was before in any ways. Also - if reflect stays in the game as it is right now - i can just go back to my tshot ranger setup, with more defenses (and with a good bow) more dps output. Seems like it. Would be very happy to see this build still be viable in 2.3 but to me it feels to me very much like this is going to have the same fate as spectral throw.

"
Rakelholz wrote:
Well jeah basically you can take that voltax now to scratch your back.

60% conversion = 40% less conversion. Also = less scaling with void manipulation
and chaos damage modifiers in the tree. So you´ll do a quite serious amount of lightning
damage asides in the future, making you partitially open to ele reflect. = Atziri mirror
phase is now also not gonna work "eyes shut". Have not heared about the ice wall interaction
beeing removed (think this will be a certain one shot on reflect in the future)

So damage will go down, you´ll do enough ele dmg in endgame to blow yourself into bits and pieces. Sure of course with 60% conversion you are still safer than a plain phys crit bower. Though damage
output is certainly gonna go down - and we don´t exactly know how they rebalance ascendancy - really
not sure if i still want to play this.

Would be sweet if Mathil - if he reads this - would give his own estimation on this. I personally think the build is kind of RIP because of this. They said "they still want to make it viable" For me viable is not = jeah it might still work as a build, but it won´t be as good as it was before in any ways. Also - if reflect stays in the game as it is right now - i can just go back to my tshot ranger setup, with more defenses (and with a good bow) more dps output. Seems like it. Would be very happy to see this build still be viable in 2.3 but to me it feels to me very much like this is going to have the same fate as spectral throw.

If the Voltaxic nerf is "only" 40% less conversion, there is a solution to all issues.

Remove chaos damage passives (method to the madness wheel, fangs of the viper) and take Arcing blows and / or Sniper.

Replace Void Manipulation with Increased Critical Strikes and go for the crit cap + Acuity combo to be safer. Remember that we will only do 40% of total damage as lightning and we leech 2% of total damage (duelist leech) and 2% of chaos damage (Promise). And we have dodge plus evasion, which means that a considerable part of our damage done will be avoided, thus being not reflected at all.

Throw a topaz flask in the mix if needed.

The frostwall + LA + pierce + reflect immunity combo was lame and I'm happy if it becomes unplayable.

The overall damage will be slightly lower (because of mobs' lightning resistance being usually higher than the chaos one, and because of worse poison output and double-dipping) but the Voltaxic archer will be far from dead, unless they add more nerfs we still don't know anything about. Especially considering that we will get two additional ascendancy points to partially compensate the damage nerf.
Not sure what 2 ascendancy points gonna do for me = (

I'm scion.

taking berserker + deadeye in Scion Ascendant.

Edit:

anyhone knows what happens to ascendant(scion) ascendacy points ? we only get our useful points @ 3rd points. whats 2 points gonna do for us ?
Last edited by Neyeah on May 24, 2016, 10:54:42 AM
"
Neyeah wrote:
Not sure what 2 ascendancy points gonna do for me = (

I'm scion.

taking berserker + deadeye in Scion Ascendant.

Edit:

anyhone knows what happens to ascendant(scion) ascendacy points ? we only get our useful points @ 3rd points. whats 2 points gonna do for us ?
As a Scion, you either get 2 extra passive points, or 1 extra point + the chance to start from another class area (ranger or marauder, in your specific case).
Aren't they actually cutting Scion to 2 points per Lab? Not sure.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I managed to pick up a six socket windripper for cheap.

What's everyones opinions on best gem set up for using this build with a wind ripper?

Cheers.
Don't even know if I would use LA on Windripper for the most optimal links.

But you can, I'd probably cut Void for Added Cold or Crit Multi (or Crit Strikes if your Crit is low).

Build is growing on me at the last minute... kinda sad. Did Deathless Uber today for the first time :\
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 27, 2016, 10:35:50 PM
"
Coatesy wrote:
I managed to pick up a six socket windripper for cheap.

What's everyones opinions on best gem set up for using this build with a wind ripper?

Cheers.

Just replace VM/Poison with increased crits/crit multi/added cold/lightning/chaos.
LA ripper links should be LA + GMP + Pierce + WED + Added Cold + Added Lightning and if you're using Lioneye's vision, then the last link instead of pierce should be Crit multi/Crit strikes, but that would require GGGBBR, so good luck lol.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info