Pohx's Poison Trapper. 1 Shots Bossses 6k+ HP HC/SC/Atziri/Vinktar Map Viable

To summarize what I've read here since 2.2 went live, here are some statements/questions:

1. Bear trap is no longer the primary skill used for dmg. Bladefall with the support gem Cluster Traps and the Chain Reaction passive from Saboteur seems to be the way to go.

2. Mana passives don't solve the issue entirely, nor does Clarity, so a mana flask is basically a necessity.

3. When using Bino's and Bladefall, are Southbound gloves still worth it? I thought that was mainly for Bear Trap since it was single target and it 1 shot mobs.

4. Still worth it to pick up Jaws of Agony shield and use it for any length of time since we'd rather use Bladefall than Bear Trap anyway?

5. What are the best options for damage nodes? Fatal Toxins, Force Shaper, Master of the Force, Method to the Madness, Unstable Munitions, Expeditious Munitions, Growth and Decay, Atrophy.... ??? Lots of options here. Which ones are the best?

6. Lightning Coil still seems the best in slot.

7. Worth picking up Phase Acrobatics for the extra defense?

I'd like to hear some feedback from those playing the build in 2.2
Last edited by Uberom on Mar 18, 2016, 11:43:32 AM
"
Uberom wrote:
To summarize what I've read here since 2.2 went live, here are some statements/questions:

1. Bear trap is no longer the primary skill used for dmg. Bladefall with the support gem Cluster Traps and the Chain Reaction passive from Saboteur seems to be the way to go.

2. Mana passives don't solve the issue entirely, nor does Clarity, so a mana flask is basically a necessity.

3. When using Bino's and Bladefall, are Southbound gloves still worth it? I thought that was mainly for Bear Trap since it was single target and it 1 shot mobs.

4. Still worth it to pick up Jaws of Agony shield and use it for any length of time since we'd rather use Bladefall than Bear Trap anyway?

5. What are the best options for damage nodes? Fatal Toxins, Force Shaper, Master of the Force, Method to the Madness, Unstable Munitions, Expeditious Munitions, Growth and Decay, Atrophy.... ??? Lots of options here. Which ones are the best?

1. Corret. Bladefall with the proper skill points and supports is SICKENING. I too went from Ice Trap to Blade Fall poison and my DPS went up by 2x and my Clearspeed? 3x or more, stupid. In maps with big map density (think 15%+) it clears even faster.

At lvl 80, with a Tabula. I'm at overmaxed resists, 4k hp and sheet DPS of 12.5k, each skill use instantly detonates all 4 traps making each hit a total of 50k dps... with a cheap ass 20c Bino.

2. Yep, youd' waste too many points on mana, it's best to just use a flask and go for eva/hp nodes instead.

3. I'm using them for 16% hp myself. And when you've already used your 3 Poison traps on a high hp boss, you'lll still need to use Bear Trap.

4. 28% trap damage, 25% phys damage, 80 life, and 25% chance for Power Charges. After getting this I ALWAYS have 3 PC. The benefits are insane, and yes, you'll still use Bear Trap sometimes.

5. I've gone for spell, trap and physical damage myself. It clears faster than DoT. IMO DoT should be a secondary thing to help us finish the enemies up, but not for main dmg.

6. Any chest works with this tbh. I'm clearing T10-12 maps with 1-hits for 2 or 3 packs! they can't even touch me, bosses are completely avoidable too once you know the mechanics. As long as you have dodge, eva, eva flask AND whirling blades + FA with high %, it becomes a game of dodging.

7. YES, SO MUCH. I'm personally thinking of going with Hyrri's Ire, dodge is just too much fun.

Planned tree, only 8 points away from reaching this: (left jewel slots for last)

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAYDR7DYotnIFPVvaowWv3X9hG_UQrVIJpVh4lVLjDbrYxEvKwpd8ioLcFIOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1ZJ3yHVxAVL0V7ZaL1bnsGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqPB8wjUigbw-ZUgaxe86sBUakMI9G0Zl_RSUz1fl5VMswQHg9tVxjpYNj2dqmyMYqy0xdvncFF2b36w2FSzAzIYUzHC7AW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC6NabJjIBshnPelFHMHyNfSP2TZJ_K1b6kA0zeOc6G-DuFbd1rrNBltD1BUJh63pTtNHIDGwI8YrQH-_rN9TtP2JPyQZnTm939p83Fw==
Last edited by unicorrrn on Mar 18, 2016, 2:37:58 PM
"
Uberom wrote:

1) No need bear trap. No need cluster trap (double less for poison). Bladefall trap with +70% trap
recovery speed make it all.

2) Mana flask & vaal clarity + inc dura

3) Bino & Southbound - must have.

4) Bear trap sucks

5) all big trap damage nodes (double dip) and combined physical/chaos damage nodes. Force Shaper for very late game. Fatal toxins - very very late game. Example: poeurl.com/Ad6

6) Or Belly in mid game.

7) No need Phase acro for mapping.
Last edited by treshsocket on Mar 19, 2016, 3:40:44 PM
Level 90 now in perandus sc: 5k hp, 25k eva, 40 dodge, 45 spelldodge. I haven't tried saboteurs chain reaction with cluster traps but I'm pretty much one shotting everything so I don't see the point.

I got the basic bino's and southbound setup. Chest is queen of the forest and with grace my evasion is around 25k. Together those give me amazing 61 movespeed.

I'm using ming's and essence worm rings (so I can run grace and temporal chains blashemy), with hp rings I could get 6k hp.

Spoiler

Tree at lvl 90

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAW1BnAHHgeZDkgRLxGWE20UCRa_IuIi6iM2I_YmiCaVKk0rCjBxMHwxnjIBMhg1kjY9N9Q6QjrhPydH4klRSshLV0t4TI5Nkk3jTp9RR1FMUxBVS1nwXfJeRV-wYeJh62KsZKpqNmqMbAhsjG6qb55wUXZvdoJ6U3p_e8N9W36whKKExYqvjX2Nv4_6kBGS85Uumyabhpu1naqi2aQ5plesR7DYshmzA7TFtNG1SLXytzC3dcDjwuzDOsgMyBTKSs961CPVLta-2FTYvdvn3ajo1ejW62PsGO0_7hXw1fGK8bPyRfVv-uv-Cv6P?accountName=Kulis&characterName=Spacekoala

IGN Iaintafraidofnogoat or GoodbyeLydia
Okay I tried saboteur with cluster traps, and it actually feels better with the shorter cool down for traps and larger aoe. I just replaced conc effect with cluster traps since I don't have 6l. Poison damage doesn't do as much damage as before but it still spreads and kills trash mobs.

Cluster traps syncs nicely with Jaws of agony shield as it calculates the change of getting power charge for every thrown trap separately, meaning you pretty much have all the charges up all the time.
Last edited by Kulis on Mar 23, 2016, 7:27:05 AM
Played a bit more with my trapper in standard last night. Ran 4 ubers (Still occasionally have big issues against vaals, otherwise pretty easy) and a fairly nasty core (skipped Malachai!) without too much trouble.

Going crit and using multi trap and more trap cooldown passives/jewels may be a better allround option but I still like my more mobile/tanky take on it.
Do need to sort my flasks out a little though, need to work out the best balance. Might drop an atziri's promise for a stibnite. Would like to sneak a basalt in too if I can.
So im not understanding what the point of southbound gloves are?
"
MrGuardian wrote:
So im not understanding what the point of southbound gloves are?

In the old days when you only used Bear trap they were necessary to spread poison, as the bear trap itself could kill the mob with the initial trap damage, and then no poison would spread, but by leaving the mob with 1 HP (from not being able to kill it because of gloves) poison would the instantly take last HP, kill mob, and make poison spread.

To day it is pointless as we only use BF-trap (and perhaps the bear trap on bosses), but most people still really like it. For some reason.
I did couple atziri runs with 5l. Cluster traps clear trash very fast but more slowly bosses, were as conc effect kills bosses almost instantly.

Now I bought my first cheap 6l and wondering what links are people using?

My current setup:

currently costs 133 mana
Oh, so then really we don't even need binos, with the new cluster traps you kill the pack without needing to spread poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info