Pohx's Poison Trapper. 1 Shots Bossses 6k+ HP HC/SC/Atziri/Vinktar Map Viable

"
Kulis wrote:

current tree at 92

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhNtFAkWvxvgIuIi6iP2JogmlSpNKwowcTB8MZ4yATN4NZI2PTcXN9Q6QjrhPydH4klRSshLV0t4TZJN406fUUdRTFVLVvpd8l-wYeJh62JPYqxkqmdOajZqjGwIbIxuqm93b55wUXZvdoJ6U3p_e8N9W36wfyuDCYTFiq-NfY2_j_qQDZARlS6bJpuGm7WdqqLZpDmmV6xHsNiyGbTFtNG1SLXytzC3dcDjwuzDOsgMyBTJBspKz3rUI9Uu1r7YVNi92-fdqOc66NXo1utj7BjtP-4V8NXxivGz8kX1b_af_gr-jw==?accountName=Kulis&characterName=Spacekoala

I'm running a very similar build currently, the only difference being that I take Force Shaper while you take Harrier/Growth and Decay.

Force Shaper
+71% physical damage
+10% chaos damage
+5% phys as chaos

vs.

Harrier/Growth and Decay
+5% cast speed
+5% movement speed
+52% damage over time
+1.4% life regen

Thoughts on which is better?
Last edited by adacrane on Mar 27, 2016, 10:07:27 PM
anyone got some advice on what last 2 acendancy points to take? they all seem pretty bad to me
ign : Svensk
I killed uber atziri, soloed 8 mod t13-15 maps and got to 36 challenges, I guess this league is pretty much over for me, unless I decide to reroll. This has been the best build I've played in poe so far.

IGN Iaintafraidofnogoat or GoodbyeLydia
first of all, a BIG thank you, to Pohx, for coming up with this amazing build and Kulis, for helping players by updating/streamlining this spec.

its pretty amazing, i'm using trap cooldown instead of concentrated effect to quickly clear low tier maps (1-6, T6 is my highest tier atm).

damage is fantastic, almost everything drops with 1 volley (1 set) of traps thrown. bosses take a few more, but since you have VLT + bear trap, it is STILL extremely fast.

and defenses? i rely on a run+gun style, i dont allow mobs to even come close to me :) and even if they do, i have 3.6k HP atm (will be finishing Scion HP wheel in the next few levels) and about 32% evasion. i use 3x quicksilver flasks for running fast and 1 HP + 1 mana flask. for me, a bubbling mana flask is enough. since i have ~600 mana, i have an effective ~400 mana after the blasphemy reservation. so whenever i use the mana flask, it just fills the orb up :) no need to wait.

if you wish, you can use a bubbling/panicked divine mana flask to give even more uses (6 compared to 5 with eternal).

right now, there's almost no "threat" from mobs. i did a 6 man T8 run (not my map), and even though the other people killed off most of the mobs very fast (they were all lvl 85+), i did manage to "test" my traps against a few scattered mobs left around. needless to say, they died. concentrated effect almost doubled the killing speed.

i have no doubts that my current build can run maps upto tier 9 solo with very little, or no problems.

most of the "troublesome" map mods like blood magic, reflect, anti-curse are almost trivial with this build. though i'd personally take care while in a "player is cursed with X" map mod, since my tree is sorta squishy and slow atm (compared to my raider ranger... its BLISTERING fast. after her, this trapper feels liek a grandpa with arthritis :) but grapa is much safer and more "satisfying")

i see myself playing this build till lvl 90. no regrets :)

once again, ty for this great build.
Played a bit more trapper last night when I had to pop into standard.
Even more impressed with the build after a break.
Ran a twinned, GMP ele weakness (and some other nasty mods) Palace without a sweat, and a boss damage, double onslaught, twinned excavation no problems either (Mucho loot!)

I might pick him back up and try and get a few more levels, maybe try and get a decent helmet enchant (temp chains effect would be nice). Not much else I can do gear wise though.

Character is TrappistPunk if anyone wants a look at my variation (Trickster, huge dodge chance and curses) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Carlovski/characters

today's fun :

first ever atziri!! (i died a few times due to lag :/)
t10 twinned (lucky zana buy :D)

i have average gear and this build DECIMATED the 2 maps.... AND i was using the trap n mine cooldown gem instead of concentrated effect :D

love this build.
Hi

Just started this is the Perandus Flashback. I have been looking for a build to use my Bino's with and this seems to be fun so far. I was wondering what other gems I should use, as there is no list of what else is needed. in particular

a) should I use an aura of some sort, either grace or an offensive one?

b) Is there a preferred curse set up and should it be cast via an aux bladefall or cast by CwDT, maybe both with the CwDT overwritng the first when I take damage.

c) I imagine whichever movement skill I like best is fine

d) any other pointers as I like to level gems in the back slots so I have lvl 19 or 20 backups when I GCP the main ones.

e) is there another skill I should also be using in conjunction with the main bladefall?

I am still fairly new and apperciate any help

Thanks
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm on mobile so it's a pain to browse every page. I'm just wondering, why the choice of multi trap versus cluster trap? Too much dmg reduction from cluster? Awesome build btw. Face rolling everything.
Last edited by WIZARDBONER on May 10, 2016, 7:39:35 PM
You DO use clustertraps. Multitraps is bad, mkaaaay?
pls update your tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info