Pohx's Poison Trapper. 1 Shots Bossses 6k+ HP HC/SC/Atziri/Vinktar Map Viable

Bino's still helps if you are running conc effect w/out cluster traps to kill trash faster, but not really needed (also gives 200 hp regen). I'm currently trying divinarius out.
IGN Iaintafraidofnogoat or GoodbyeLydia
I don't quite understand what does "soundbound" glove bring to the table? 16% increased max life (roughly +300 life?), a max life roll rare glove would give +250 life anyway, and still bring other benefits. Southbound is basically just two big useful stats, life and cold resist.
A rare glove is slightly less in these two stats, but can give so much more other useful stats?
Last edited by kokojie on Mar 24, 2016, 10:09:33 PM
"
kokojie wrote:
I don't quite understand what does "soundbound" glove bring to the table? 16% increased max life (roughly +300 life?), a max life roll rare glove would give +250 life anyway, and still bring other benefits. Southbound is basically just two big useful stats, life and cold resist.
A rare glove is slightly less in these two stats, but can give so much more other useful stats?

Southbound guarantees that your direct damage won't kill the target, that only the DoT from your poison can kill your target.

You want this to happen because if you kill something with the initial hit, it counts as the traps damage and not yours and WONT spread the poison on death. YOU have to get the kill for binos to spread poison. The poison damage counts as your damage.

Basically its for poison consistency.
IGN: Ghured
So Pohx is going to redo this build in 2.2, hope he updates the info for the new league since as far as i read there are conflicting comments regarding the viability of this build
"
So Pohx is going to redo this build in 2.2, hope he updates the info for the new league since as far as i read there are conflicting comments regarding the viability of this build

I did atziri 4 times yesterday without deaths, it kills vaals almost instantly, kills the trio in couple traps and atziri instantly changes into different phase. I throw 1 vaal lightning trap and 1-2 clusters of bladefall traps, and that's it.

So yes, I would say it's really viable. Only thing is that you don't really need bino's or southbound gloves, you can still use them but they are not necessary.
"
Kulis wrote:
"

I did atziri 4 times yesterday without deaths, it kills vaals almost instantly, kills the trio in couple traps and atziri instantly changes into different phase. I throw 1 vaal lightning trap and 1-2 clusters of bladefall traps, and that's it.

So yes, I would say it's really viable. Only thing is that you don't really need bino's or southbound gloves, you can still use them but they are not necessary.

care to share your skill tree and gear, or you did follow pohx skill tree?

ur profile is private :)
"

Haven't seen pohx skill tree since it hasn't been updated to 2.2, here's mine at 91:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhNtFAkWvyLiIuoj9iaIJpUqTSsKMHEwfDGeMgEyGDWSNj03FzfUOkI64T8nR-JJUUrIS1dLeE2STeNOn1FHUUxVS13yXkVfsGHiYetiT2KsZKpnTmo2aoxsCGyMbqpvd2-ecFF2b3aCelN6f3vDfVt-sIMJhMWKr419jb-P-pARkvOVLpsmm4abtZ2qotmkOaZXrEew2LIZswO0xbTRtUi18rcwt3XA48LswzrIDMgUyQbKSs961CPVLta-2FTYvdvn3ajo1ejW62PsGO0_7hXw1fGK8bPyRfVv9p_66_4K_o8=?accountName=Kulis&characterName=Spacekoala

and gear with linked skills (not all skills are optimal since I don't really even need all slots)
Spoiler

Southbound's are not needed, I just kept them for huge life and cold res. Allthough if you have 5l you have to make a choice (or chrom everytime): cluster traps or conc effect, conc effect is must for atziri run, and cluster traps better for everything else (exept stronger bosses).

Actually you could easily make this without poison, might even be better, don't know since I haven't tried it.
Last edited by Kulis on Mar 25, 2016, 10:45:53 AM
thanks a lot mate
"
Kulis wrote:
"

Haven't seen pohx skill tree since it hasn't been updated to 2.2, here's mine at 91:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhNtFAkWvyLiIuoj9iaIJpUqTSsKMHEwfDGeMgEyGDWSNj03FzfUOkI64T8nR-JJUUrIS1dLeE2STeNOn1FHUUxVS13yXkVfsGHiYetiT2KsZKpnTmo2aoxsCGyMbqpvd2-ecFF2b3aCelN6f3vDfVt-sIMJhMWKr419jb-P-pARkvOVLpsmm4abtZ2qotmkOaZXrEew2LIZswO0xbTRtUi18rcwt3XA48LswzrIDMgUyQbKSs961CPVLta-2FTYvdvn3ajo1ejW62PsGO0_7hXw1fGK8bPyRfVv9p_66_4K_o8=?accountName=Kulis&characterName=Spacekoala

and gear with linked skills (not all skills are optimal since I don't really even need all slots)
Spoiler

Southbound's are not needed, I just kept them for huge life and cold res. Allthough if you have 5l you have to make a choice (or chrom everytime): cluster traps or conc effect, conc effect is must for atziri run, and cluster traps better for everything else (exept stronger bosses).

Actually you could easily make this without poison, might even be better, don't know since I haven't tried it.

nice setup man, only one trap setup is enought for mapping ?
"
nice setup man, only one trap setup is enought for mapping ?

Yes, easily with the 70% trap cooldown reduction, you do need mana pot(s) though. I use EK to break barrels etc and single weak mobs.

I dropped mings and respeced little (out of some eva nodes) to compensate the damage loss, eva still with grace over 20k and Life went up to 5650.

current tree at 92

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhNtFAkWvxvgIuIi6iP2JogmlSpNKwowcTB8MZ4yATN4NZI2PTcXN9Q6QjrhPydH4klRSshLV0t4TZJN406fUUdRTFVLVvpd8l-wYeJh62JPYqxkqmdOajZqjGwIbIxuqm93b55wUXZvdoJ6U3p_e8N9W36wfyuDCYTFiq-NfY2_j_qQDZARlS6bJpuGm7WdqqLZpDmmV6xHsNiyGbTFtNG1SLXytzC3dcDjwuzDOsgMyBTJBspKz3rUI9Uu1r7YVNi92-fdqOc66NXo1utj7BjtP-4V8NXxivGz8kX1b_af_gr-jw==?accountName=Kulis&characterName=Spacekoala

Question: How much tougher is uber atziri than regular, I've been thinking of solo running it?
Last edited by Kulis on Mar 27, 2016, 10:45:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info