[2.2] MorgNThorg's Iron Will Biohazarauder - uber down

"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:
Have you tried a core map yet? I finished the Doedre-Boss without any problems and then went into the Maligaro fight. He obliterated me. I have all capped res, 10k armor,7,1k life and 750hp regen + 5 Endurance charges. And his traps straight up two hited me o.O . The first Trap I ran into dealt around 6k damage! Don't really know why he is so strong, and i have obviously no chance to avoid all the traps when fighting him. For further informtion: i rolled the map with 97% extra damage as Fire.

Haven't tried core yet, I was rather doing uber runs when I reached certain levels. While gathering XP I didn't feel it tempting, 'cause I knew the probability of dying is quite high :) The thing with core Maligaro is that he does insanely high chaos damage, so make sure you have at least 20-30% chaos res when you fight him (I had 40% with my standard character and he was not much of a problem, though it's a completely different build). The other thing to be prepared for in a core fight is that Malachai will perma freeze you with his tenticle attacks.
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
What's your thoughts on this?

Not a bad chest, but not the optimal one for the build I think. You can take IR in the passive tree, and you get huge armor from it. The life and the dmg is good as well, but I think the defining attribute is the increased leech on this chest, which remains unused with this build.

If you don't have a +1 gem levels chest (which is practically ~24% more dmg if you use empower in your links as well) you're better aim for a 6L rare armor based one. They are much cheeper than the unique's and can have resists as well (and you'd only loose the increased chaos damage).
"
MorgNThorg wrote:
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
What's your thoughts on this?

Not a bad chest, but not the optimal one for the build I think. You can take IR in the passive tree, and you get huge armor from it. The life and the dmg is good as well, but I think the defining attribute is the increased leech on this chest, which remains unused with this build.

If you don't have a +1 gem levels chest (which is practically ~24% more dmg if you use empower in your links as well) you're better aim for a 6L rare armor based one. They are much cheeper than the unique's and can have resists as well (and you'd only loose the increased chaos damage).

Okay, thanks for the information. It's much appreciated.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
Thinking of trying your build next leauge. Any thoughts on ascendancy classes so far?
Dropping in to say I absolutely love this build. Here's what I did with my extra gem slots on the original blood magic build:

I stuck Blood Rage on the CWDT cluster to free up a skill slot and put Wither on a Spell Totem (as OP recommended) to free up kiting & time to use this cluster:

Flicker Strike > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Chaos Golem

Another 4% & then 20% damage reduction for quite little investment. The Chaos Golem also benefits from the supports.

I'm not sure how useful this is compared to my other options, but I like pushing a beefy build even further with layered defenses. As a benefit, the chaos golem feels thematic, as does the additional teleporting and we certainly have time to spare while waiting for essence drain to do it's dark work. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: This also makes Juggernaut a pretty appealing Ascendancy option, with those fortify interactions, as well as that extra endurance charge... but I rolled a Scion! :O
Last edited by Boss_Crab on Feb 23, 2016, 10:20:52 AM
It seems like you have a lot of room for MF stacking. A MF version of this build would be nice!

I will try to convert my inci totem Mara into this and see how it work.
May I ask why you have 3 skill nodes selected that gives stats to projectile dmg etc?
"
obsivus wrote:
May I ask why you have 3 skill nodes selected that gives stats to projectile dmg etc?

Essence Drain: "Spell Damage, Projectile Damage, Chaos Damage, and Damage Over Time modifiers affect the damage over time component of this spell."
Essence drain's DOT is the source of almost all of his build's damage.
Does this build exclude all auras beside RF? I also seem to have mana problems with this build. Whats the key to sustain the mana with this build?
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
Thinking of trying your build next leauge. Any thoughts on ascendancy classes so far?

Didn't go too far with the speculations, as it seems that ascendency will bring a good bunch of balance and passive tree changes as well, but here are the ones that grabbed my mine ATM:

- All 3 marauders can be an option. Juggernaut with the endurance charge passives and unbreakable if you use an armor chest instead of tabula. Berserker can get 40% more damage and the build is tanky enough to handle the 10% increased dmg taken (but mainly for softcore legaues). Chieftain can get 10% increased strength and you can get insane regen with endurance charges (potentially 7 charges with 0.7% life reg/sec/charge).

- Duelist start would be a bit awkward, a few points would be wasted, but the permanent (and buffed) fortify would be awesome (Champion I think).

- If you use the MoM version the Hierophant from templar can be good as well (40% MoM) or you can even start from witch, the offerings seem really OP and those nodes give skill effect duration as well, which is great for the degen skills. Not sure what the other 4 points would be though (probably spirit eater and beacon of corruption).

- Scion??? :)

"
Boss_Crab wrote:
Dropping in to say I absolutely love this build. Here's what I did with my extra gem slots on the original blood magic build:

I stuck Blood Rage on the CWDT cluster to free up a skill slot and put Wither on a Spell Totem (as OP recommended) to free up kiting & time to use this cluster:

Flicker Strike > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Chaos Golem

Another 4% & then 20% damage reduction for quite little investment. The Chaos Golem also benefits from the supports.

I'm not sure how useful this is compared to my other options, but I like pushing a beefy build even further with layered defenses. As a benefit, the chaos golem feels thematic, as does the additional teleporting and we certainly have time to spare while waiting for essence drain to do it's dark work. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: This also makes Juggernaut a pretty appealing Ascendancy option, with those fortify interactions, as well as that extra endurance charge... but I rolled a Scion! :O

I'm glad you like it :) Yeah, there are many good skill combos one can customize for own needs. Actually the flicker strike sounds like a good idea. I used leap slam with fortify first, but it was really slow with doon. I also missed a lot, don't you feel an accuracy gem would be better (instead of golem maybe)?

I play also as scion, but there's still a chance that it will also be a good option for the build :)

"
camapngu133 wrote:
It seems like you have a lot of room for MF stacking. A MF version of this build would be nice!

I will try to convert my inci totem Mara into this and see how it work.

Actually I did a bunch of MF-ing with this char, but nothing too serious. Just bought a few items with high rarity and added the IIR gem to my contagion setup. (Usually contagion is the first degen applied, so it's rarity will be used when the affected enemy dies.) You can get to a gear level with this build where survability and dps is a overkill for low and mid tier maps so you can easily create an alternate MF setup. My example items:

Nothing too serious, bought them for a few c (the flask dropped), IIQ is 219% without the flask on contagion.

"
Boss_Crab wrote:
"
obsivus wrote:

Essence Drain: "Spell Damage, Projectile Damage, Chaos Damage, and Damage Over Time modifiers affect the damage over time component of this spell."
Essence drain's DOT is the source of almost all of his build's damage.

Correct. Also you can take the projectile damage nodes near scion start instead of the resist ones, if you can cap them anyway.

"
obsivus wrote:
Does this build exclude all auras beside RF? I also seem to have mana problems with this build. Whats the key to sustain the mana with this build?

I didn't use any auras in the BM version (also no RF). You can practically use one with low reservation cost (e.g. PoF) but even with mortal conviction it will reserve quite a large amount of life.

With the mana version I use one or two auras from purities and vitality depending on the situation/map mods/type of boss/etc, typically PoF (and RF). The key to mana sustain is the mana gained when damage taken stat on the uniqe treshold jewel for rallying cry and some similar corrupt implicits on my shield and ring. I also have around 110-120 mana reg/sec with rallying cry up (which should be up 100% of the time). I also carry a mana flask for the rare occasions when I take a huge (3k+) hit which drops my mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info