[2.2] MorgNThorg's Iron Will Biohazarauder - uber down

Respec'd into this build at level 61 from a 2H cyclone build, cost me a good 30 regrets but im so happy i did! Only level 66 and it's easily my favorite build so far, can't wait to level the gem's up and see it's full potential. :)
Would iron grip work? ED is projectile not sure if you get scaling or not, but if you do you get to double up on your str scaling basicaly 2 iron wills.
"
kaifeiyu wrote:
Would iron grip work? ED is projectile not sure if you get scaling or not, but if you do you get to double up on your str scaling basicaly 2 iron wills.

Iron Grip only applies to attacks, not spells.
Managed to kill uber atziri with the MoM setup :)

Spoiler

It was a though and long run, only finished with my last portal (1 death to vaals, 2 to trio, 2 to atziri), but I think a learned a lot and probably can make my future runs with less deaths. I hope I can upload the bossfights tomorrow.
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Feb 3, 2016, 7:14:54 PM
Well for those of us who can not afford a lvl 3+ Empower what should we run in its place?
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Well for those of us who can not afford a lvl 3+ Empower what should we run in its place?

Slower projectiles, as it's more damage than +2 ED levels (= L3 empower or L2 in a +1 chest), however the loss of projectile speed can be annoying.

I edited the OP and added the videos of the three bossrooms on my first uber kill with this character. I did a few other runs as well and tweaked the build for each bossroom a bit (mostly gem changes) and the fights became a bit smoother. I'll probably add a section to the OP about the setups I use in each bossfight when I'll have the time for it.
Hey, first of all GREAT BUILD! Leveling as a STR based Marauder is hilariously easy and fast. After transition, the survivability is very nice and the damage doesn't dissappoint (and my jewels, total STR suck, I think = so far I'm at 606).

I'll post my items and I'd like to ask for advice what to change first.

I'm currently running Vitality and PoF and I still have not picked up MoM and Battle Rouse so I have more survivability to look forward to (I think).

I have a question, would it be possible/viable to put
and/or Meginord's Vise into the build? (yeah this roll is shitty I'd get a better one it gives ~160 STR) I'm trying to somehow get enough res from other gear to make it possible but so far I'm 22 cold res and 11 lightning res short, but I think it should be doable with a better ring/belt/amu (I like my prismatic ring) and damn is it just my luck but are Primal Skull Amu's damn expensive O_o (I'm a low budget player overall = never had more than 2-4 ex worth of equipement :D)

So please if You'd have some time could You take a look at my stuff and give some pointers? I'm very happy with my char, he's damn nice to play and I'm kinda pissed off I found this guide so late in Talisman :D
Last edited by CainDarkk on Feb 6, 2016, 8:58:50 AM
"
CainDarkk wrote:
Hey, first of all GREAT BUILD! Leveling as a STR based Marauder is hilariously easy and fast. After transition, the survivability is very nice and the damage doesn't dissappoint (and my jewels, total STR suck, I think = so far I'm at 606).

I'll post my items and I'd like to ask for advice what to change first.

I'm currently running Vitality and PoF and I still have not picked up MoM and Battle Rouse so I have more survivability to look forward to (I think).

I have a question, would it be possible/viable to put
and/or Meginord's Vise into the build? (yeah this roll is shitty I'd get a better one it gives ~160 STR) I'm trying to somehow get enough res from other gear to make it possible but so far I'm 22 cold res and 11 lightning res short, but I think it should be doable with a better ring/belt/amu (I like my prismatic ring) and damn is it just my luck but are Primal Skull Amu's damn expensive O_o (I'm a low budget player overall = never had more than 2-4 ex worth of equipement :D)

So please if You'd have some time could You take a look at my stuff and give some pointers? I'm very happy with my char, he's damn nice to play and I'm kinda pissed off I found this guide so late in Talisman :D

Thanks for the kind words :)

I think my first priority in your case would be some "% dmg taken gained as mana" affix on my gear. Also I would only spec into MoM when I can use a spirited response as well, because it can be really annoying to constantly lose a lot of mana when taking damage. If you can get at least 15-20% back it will become a much stronger form of mitigation. Also your endgame goal should be to have it at least on a ring and because it's corrupted (so not craftable) and the supply is low it's better to choose that first (or try your luck and vaal some ok'ish rings) and try to optimise your gear to complement it than the other way around.

As for the black sun crest: I thought about that helm, the 15% increased strength is very tempting as it is the most important stat for this build, but I think a very good rolled rare is a better choice overall. For example I could easily repace my helm for it, because I would still have capped fire res:

If I calculated correctly I would gain +50 strength on top of my current one, but loose a ton of life and 300 armor as well. Also you can make use of the +1 gem level to have an easier time to reach level 23 PoF, but you would still need an empower for that so it would lower the remainig mana pool for MoM.

Meginord's vise is a similar case. The strength is good, but I'd miss a lot of life and another slot less for filling up resists.
Thanks for the fast reply and for the feedback!
Yeah you're right about the black sun and meginord, damage is basicly the same (under 1k difference), life seems even less (not by much but still).

I think MoM will be my 'later' priority, so far I have to say I feel kinda strong (no lag=no die) in most of the maps i do, but i'll adjust accordingly when i try higher tier maps. Furthermore to make MoM viable I'd have to lose one aura (with 2 i'm at 3xx unreserved) at least.

I've been thinking about a chest change...
How would an Atziri's Splendour (an armour version=over 1k armour)/Belly of the Beast/Daresso/Cherubim be like in comparision to the +1 Tabula? Would there be THAT much damage loss (or maybe gain)? I mean if it's 2-3k i can live with it... (i think...) I'm at 22,3k degen with RF now and I almost feel like listening to "Let the bodies hit the floor" when I fire my ED :D

I'm asking about the chest, because I'm almost there at buying the +1 Tabula Rasa (missing some small change) it's around ~3ex

If you think some other armour would be better suited that the one's i listed i'm open for suggestions :)

(Btw. I think i fell in love in the sacrificial garb armour look... all those spikes look sooo badass, or maybe i've become jaded after wearing a 'nightgown' for so long...)
Well the +1 on the tabula is really nice if you use empower, because then it's practically 2 levels for ED which is ~21% more damage (and some other damage bonus on the other supports), so if you're planning to use it I'd suggest the +1 tabula. (Btw corrupt L3 empowers can be found for 40c in TSC. If you stick with slower projectiles then you can consider using other chests (you'd still lose 10% more damage). Splendour is cool and I also really like it's looks (I'm using it as a transferred skin on my standard character), but a 6L is much more expensive in the legaue. The other uniqes are not the best ones for this build, for example the increased life on belly does much more for a build that takes less increased life in the passive tree. I'd suggest a rare astral plate with high armour, life & strength. They are in a similar price range (~3ex) or you can farm it with the celestial justicar divination card (still have to be rolled).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info