[2.2] Extremly cheap fast paced remote mine build. 100k+ 4 Link Tremor Rod. Izaro/atziri oneshot.

Is there damage over time? Poison just adds flat chaos dmg I think.
"
Dexxa wrote:
Hey great build lvl 73 so far but was wondering why you didn't pick up the damage over time nodes above saboteur?
OR Force Shaper/Atrophy Above Written in blood?

Hey, glad you are having fun!
I tried to make the build as tanky as possible. If you want to loose survivability for damage, you can do it if you want. I think i mentioned at least ForceShaper in the guide for later options ( at least i had before reworking it). Forceshaper is very very strong. I use it sometimes, i switch around max damage (Force shaper, destructive apparatus) or max survivability (Heart and soul, extra jewel slots). Today i switched back again to max survival. I still kill exiles in t15 maps in less than 2 seconds if they are near enough. Even oneshot if they are in vaal lightning trap.

The damage over time wheel just gives to little damage. I'm even thinking about dropping the 3 poison nodes for more live. For labyrinth, the life regen of that cluster is pretty good though, especially in hardcore. But i feel like there are always better options to take. i really love Heart and soul, after finishing the scion health wheel. I'm at 6,5k Life and 2,3k unreserved mana right now and it feels very tanky.

If i ever get to 99 (i won't :D) i'd probably take the Thick skin cluster for even more life.

Cheers!

Edit:
Right now, i even use a wand and shield, because i mostly run palace maps. The clear is slower, but at least i only have to switch one gem (minefield out, controlled destruction in) to 100% safely oneshot Dominos 2. phase. I did him with tremor rod too, but i had to leave once because my flasks were empty and he died on poison while i was away ( no loot dropped *cry*) After that i always used the "oneshot" tactic. I use enfeeble the whole map, but switch to vulnerability for oneshotting him. Even was enough damage in a 2 player party to kill him in less than 2 seconds with 28% monster life, no other -dmg mod.

Last edited by flekelon on Apr 4, 2016, 6:50:39 PM

This is my lvl 92 tree right now.

191% life + 5x 7% life on jewels

141% Mana

Mine jewels are stupidly cheap for what they offer.
other builds would pay 2 ex for something like this with other damage stats.
I paid 35c for the most expensive one.

Using those to for weapon swap leap slam.... i cannot live without that any more. It is insane :D
Last edited by flekelon on Apr 4, 2016, 7:19:54 PM
Alright, so I started this build over the weekend because damage seemed great and I wanted a way to abuse pathfinder which seemed like the best budget defensive option in the game right now. I'm lv80, spent the last day spamming lab for better enchants, but I'm kind of at a crossroads on what to do. I've been using seven-league step with flask effect quicksilver which has just been hilarious and I've not once missed whirling blades. However I know that 4.3k life is not enough and I'll have to eventually switch to step for high level content. The real tricky part for me is helm: do I want to run heretics veil? Sure, it doesn't have life, but +2 to vuln and temp chains would be enormous and on top of that I really am over-budgeted on rares at the moment. I barely need resists on a few of them and to me that means I can equip uniques, whether that means mings heart, heretic's veil, or something else.

I've considered low-life but I think I'd be missing out on too much sustain from the like 6-use seething life-based gets to have. I'm using a +1 tabula since I'm almost positive tremor rod will not be my end-game weapon, the damage penalty is just too high and the additional link does not compensate, I'm almost positive a +1 tab will be higher damage with 1-2 100+ spell wands/daggers. Mine laying speed is nice but really does not justify the weapon to me either. It is nice for steamrolling low level content though.

So I'm essentially at this point: Do I want heretics veil, or mings heart? And if I manage to scrape together enough currency is low-life the correct eventual direction here (would require mings, veil, some stun resilience (skyforth?), the ZO flask)? The more I think about the numbers doing low-life right would be a pretty astronomical amount of currency.

I think my profile is open, let me know if it isnt (Unairu is char):

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nicol/characters

Edit: oh and gems I have 2 standard mine dmg/life (one has a bricked stat, one has increased damage over time) and 1 conqueror's potency
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Apr 4, 2016, 7:12:24 PM
Hey, i have no clue about what is the very best damage setup, but i don't use any optional damage nodes and damage was enough to oneshot the vaal guys in Uber atziri and every phase of atziri herself (died 2 times from the trio, still no clue what order does). I did crash and lost the map and got reseted after killing atziri, so i can't proove it. I didn't get an achievement for killing her though, so no clue if there would even be a way to proove it. So the damage is enough for every content in the game (only one where i would have liked more damage was core malachai). In every other content, damage was more than enough and i prefer higher effective life over all.

Tremor rod is the highest clearspeed for up to t14 maps and even t15 by far. It is very safe, because you can lay the mines extremly fast and detonate them twice. But you get more life and way higher "oneshot" damage (more than triple) if you are able to setup 9 mines with no less damage modifier.

Looking back, i would not 6 link my tremor rod, but 6 link my chest first. So i can farm atziri earlier (4 link was enough to oneshot every phase). I had too much resistances too, so i bought the highest life / mana with int and strength items that i could afford to push effective life higher. At over 9k right now, with dodge, 4 endurance (theoretically:D, still playing with only one hand because left doesn't work) and evade. Using basalt with granite for higher maps. Atziri and quicksilver and tremor rod if i plan to speedfarm t11-t13. Right now, only doing t14 and t15. I use wand and shield to get tankier.

For the general playerbase however, linking tremor rod is a good way to achieve a really good clearspeed with insanely cheap gear.

Perhaps i use 2 ming's heart in my inventory and also switch them in for oneshotting stuff.

Cheers

Edit: Yes a +1 tabula with empower on pathfinder will give much higher damage. Pathfinder is i think by far the highest oneshot damage possible. But because you are pathfinder and already have more damage than saboteur, and saboteur is still oneshotting the hardest content in the game. I'd advice to get as much effective life as possible.

I have way more fun if i feel unkillable and insanely strong dmg wise. Not only one or the other.

Edit2:
One question, how does the 50% increased flask effectiveness feel? I plan to do pathfinder with this setup next league, because it should get tankier and higher singletarget damage (less clearspeed though, but on t14/15 maps that aspect completly falls away)

I didn't think i could farm those maps :D
Last edited by flekelon on Apr 4, 2016, 8:02:37 PM
I mean I'm definitely keeping my mine setup in my chest, +1 tab is probably what Im going to stick with forever unless I go with shvaronnes. I don't want to use MoM with two curses reserved + clarity, mana will just be too clunky. I think a jade flask + maybe the phys reduction one combined with spell dodge from step, acro/phase acro should be all the tankiness I need. +The insane movespeed from quicksilver with flask effect, I'm really not too worried there. I just want to make sure my hp pool is high enough that when I do get hit I can flask up in between. Not sure if I can get away with veil on a life build
ign - Zilead
Well, I caved.

poeurl.com/Btd is the tree I'm gonna switch to once I link it (lol).

ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Apr 5, 2016, 10:03:50 AM
@flekelon

Is there any special reason why you use cloak of defiance (except it being 6L)?
"
hyper_ch wrote:
@flekelon

Is there any special reason why you use cloak of defiance (except it being 6L)?

well, yes of course. It gives me around 2,3k effective live right now. i'm at 9k with it.

I 6 linked it myself in 1300 fusings:D

The damage is more than enough, so i just prioritise live over all.
Last edited by flekelon on Apr 5, 2016, 6:40:28 PM
I mean my reasoning for low life isn't just oh I want more damage. With this setup I should be able to get an even higher EHP and get lv22 enfeeble/temp chains/vuln with heretics veil. I was on the verge of getting a coil or something and linking that, when I realized I might as well just go shavs especially if I want to go a curse-heavy route
ign - Zilead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info