Poison Summoner 2.1 Talisman HC

This is my new summoner build for 2.1 Talisman HC
*** Work in Progress **

Pros:
- High Single Target DPS
- Nice Clear Speed
- Easy to gear ( Three unique at 1c each )
- You dont need to prevent that your Zombie dies, because you can resummon them easily, Thanks to Eldritch Battery
- Spectres are more tanky then Stygian Revenants or Evangelist
Quality of Life
No Spell Echo on Spectre so you dont need to remove it when getting spectres.
No Desecrate (You can't desecrate Knitted Horrors)

Cons
- Cant desecrate Knitted Horrors so it would be really painful to get them in maps.
- Less tanky then my hybrid version

Links: What i feel is mandatory
- Zombies -

Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Poison - MultiStrike - Bloodlust - (Melee Physical Damage, Empower or Rapid Decay)

- Spectres -
The Spectres we will use are Knitted Horrors, They are REALLY tanky, have a 100% pierce bleed so we can use the Bloodlust support gems on your Zombie.

Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Poison - Slower Projectiles

Curses - Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Vulnerability - Enfeeble
Auras - Hatred - Haste - Generosity

Somewhere
Flesh Offering - Convocation
Optional / Nice to have

Chaos Golem - Animated Guardian - Vaal Discipline - Vaal Haste

UPDATE 2.1.1d
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1563631
Fixed a bug where increases to minion attack and cast speed per skeleton you own on Femurs of the Saints was not working. This can now also cause similar performance issues to what was experienced with the "Minion Life Regeneration per Raging Spirit you own" mod. We are aware of this issue and looking into a method of fixing it.

Now Vaal Summon Skeleton is making the instance lag / crash when we use it.
I suggest you switch to vaal haste or vaal discipline

Passive Tree

Gear:
Spoiler

Gear Explanation

Femurs Of The Saints

Why its good
+2 Level of supported Minions gems, This scale our damage by a LOT since level of zombie impact a lot on life and raw physical damage which scale our poison.
2% increased Minion Attack and Cast Speed per Skeleton you own. This means that when we use Vaal Summon Skeletons, our minions gets 66% Attack Speed, This is better than a Vaal Haste.
12% increased Minion Damage per Spectre you own . Since we own 4 Spectres, this gives 48% Increased Minion Damage for each minion we have.

Vis Mortis. This is usually a bad chest, Low Energy Shield, No life no nothing.
+1 Spectre, Bleed converage, more damage and +12% Minion Damage (With Femurs Of The Saints)
We use our energy shield as mana so we dont need a lot.
Minions have 20% reduced Maximum Life, This is a downside, we just need to take 2 Minion life node on the tree to make it have no effect.
Minions deal 15% increased Damage, nice to have.
Minions gain Unholy Might for 5 seconds on Kill, This IS the reason i use that chest.

**UPDATE**
I stopped using Vis mortis for a high es/life chest for more defensive options, you do lose clear speed but i dont mind it that much.

Let me remind you what Unholy Might do,
Unholy Might is a buff that grants an additional 30% of physical damage as chaos damage.

This means that our poison from minion will scale from physical AND chaos damage, wich result in a more potent poison.

Videos
**UPDATE**
I will do a video of me doing atziri with this build for the first time wish me luck :)

How to level as a summoner:
Spoiler

a Scion is better for levelling than a Witch.

Since Patch 2.1 it IS possible to level as a summoner.

Bandit - Help Oak - Kill - Kill
Get Summon Ragings Spirits at level 4.
SRS - Minion Damage - Melee Splash

*I can do a more better levelling guide if its asked.

Special Thanks to Ghazzy for all the informations he provided with summoners mechanics.
Last edited by ViperBlackSkull on Feb 20, 2016, 3:42:09 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2016, 4:47:10 PM
What is a "EB" Spectre? I can't find any monsters with those initials.
I edited the post to be more clear. Thank you for your insight.
Last edited by ViperBlackSkull on Dec 29, 2015, 12:26:17 PM
wow this looks really really strong
my summoner has only 4l zombies in a +2 helmet, i have to test how to fit poison in there ^^
Yes it is really strong, i dont use minion life because i use EB so i can raise some more easily if they die.
How about mid-high tier maps?

Post more videos/things :P

Seems funny!
Yes i will im just searching good maps to do video on, honestly my map pool atm is really poor.
Why not MPD as 6th link?
Nice build.
Last edited by bluetaro87 on Dec 30, 2015, 3:47:34 PM
I have a Talisman HC summoner with a very similar setup, but I made more defensive decisions given mobs do very high damage in high maps and we're using Femurs of the Saints rather than a shield.

I'm going hybrid es/hp with a +1 zombie es/hp chest. Zombies rarely rarely die and are most of our dps, so the loss of one spectre isn't a huge deal nor is the loss of the extra mana from EB. Unholy might is nice, but it isn't necessary for clearing trash and many times bosses won't have enough adds to keep the buff up for a large percent of your minions.

Also, I went with discipline / generosity purity of elements and hatred for more defense and more resistant minions. Elemental damage in maps is high, and high resistance on the zombies and spectres provides significant tankiness. The purity of elements can also be taken off generosity to allow for more gear flexibility if over capping resistance is an issue with your current setup.

I would choose melee physical damage over rapid decay or level 3 empower (but not level 4) empower. Melee physical damage scales the initial physical hit and the resultant poison damage, unlike rapid decay which only scales the poison damage. +2 zombie levels does not scale the zombie's damage as much as melee physical damage, but +3 zombies levels from a level 4 empower would be a serious consideration given the large boost to tankiness.

Finally, I would choose physical projectile damage over rapid decay for the knitted horrors for the same reason that I would choose melee physical damage for the zombies

Ultimately, my gem setup would be as follows:

Raise Zombie - Multistrike - Minion Damage - Poison - Bloodlust - Melee Physical Damage

Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Slower Projectiles - Poison - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Physical Projectile Damage

Curse on Hit - Arc/Ball Lightning/Etc - Vulnerability - Temporal Chains

Generosity - Hatred - Purity of Elements - Convocation

Increased Duration - Vaal Summon Skeletons - Flesh Offering - Vaal Discipline

Unset Ring: Animate Guardian
Unset Ring: Discipline
Blackmaw Talisman: Chaos Golem

Passive Tree (PoE Builder):

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uRFQHU9r230Y7IoEB0yzOlhVxoPb99esmMy8RASFYKrETbmPRpuhpwja3frSHRTjahZvNukkqlXWZOcXL4CkeC8YanzlWAcc3OvuogAEs8BmRUcy0fAfaPLv69AfjxqYrSj6uJP56ILH0_takah9aqwGSeq6DXxXybQM_kkdquGIRnGDCaEvvorK00mx18_5N--Ikyd-WX_GL2_ZE3C77BjBxUlR8NWP-gcelS6QM6asiED6gCqY2QvDbVxrhEg=

Edits: Wasn't careful with the gem setup which is very tight when you have 6 links
Last edited by eudaimonia_etc on Dec 30, 2015, 4:43:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info