Poison Summoner 2.1 Talisman HC

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
well the thing with revenants is you need a specific item to use them.

you need this:

this staff basically gives them their 4 lost projectiles back without making them fire in a nova.

as I think i said in another thread. 1 hand options for summoners suck. midnight especially because of the life reservation. The best summoner weapons in the game are properly rolled 2 handers.

I would suggest tolerating echo on spectres. yes its a pain in the ass, but you can always slot echo into desecrate while summoning spectres so that you have twice as many corpse piles to work with anyway.

The reason why revenents are better is because their ai enables them to shoot from off screen. horrors need to be near point blank with a target and rely on collateral damage (basically hitting packs behind the pack you are working on) to work well. they arent terrible. just well .. ok..

if you want real clear speed , a sire of shards rev with chain is very hard to beat as a summoner.

a corrupted level 3 empower can sell for 30 yes.

as for vitality and minion rests. use vitality only if you dont use hatred because this implies your base auras are poe and discipline. it doesnt take much more in terms of passives to get another 35% in which could be vitality. vitality on its own is a total joke.

But there are builds that can make it work. specifically ones that use :
because you get 2.5% from the tree . 2 -2.5% from this staff and around 2.5% from vitality if you generosity it.

between those three sources and consecrate from a lucky guardian block.. you can see your minions regenerating over 1000 hp per second.

but again.. use only if you dont use hatred. i cannot stress that part enough.

the only good source of resistances is from purity of elements . minion resist on jewels are too low to be impactful. either you are capped. or you are not and the differences between the two are massive. so jewels giving a pittiful 7 - 8% here and there is insulting. you would need 5 or 6 of them to get the job done just get some aura effect and roll a poe which can give 40% all res if you are speced right.

we are at a point in the game where you can make minions durable enough to survive basically everything but uber reliably. so dont feel to pressured into leaving enough mana to resummon zombies on the fly. frankly if you are losing minions at a rate where you seriously need to replace them mid fight... you are in over your head.

I can link my gear if you wan some context for my build composition
Well in tempest i was duel wielding midnight bargain and that was insane damage, i never tried with sire of shards honestly.I really hate vitality id rather use purity of elements if i want my minions to be more tanky. I dont really care if my zombie die because i can resummon them pretty easily because i have eb and a high es pool. But yes summoners dont have a really good one hand option i agree. I have trouble deciding what i will do in ascendancy if scion cannot buff summmoner. I liked the Life based playstyle i rarely did that. The offscreening is very insane from revenants i agree, but i really like this quality of life. The new ascendancy passive 100% increase spectres damage pretty much required our spectres to clear a lot of mobs so ill see if knitted horrors is not enough i will try something else. I am thinking of doing a summoner compendium with all the possibilities i tried and the Pros and Cons of them. Anyone interested?
ascendency has me annoyed because scion has been the best base for summoners for a good while.
(mostly because the witch exits are too rigid... either es which is ok, mana .. which you wont need or spell damage which you dont need either).

scion not having any ascendancy options related to summoners would be soul crushing since i have 3 scion based summoners.

as for the witch ascendancy. i think we need to keep in mind that we are reaching 300+% minion damage as is. so 100% increased damage is not nearly as impactful as one might initially think it is.

its basically a boost of 20ish%, the life is probably the more important bit . but even that might be slightly miss-leading. There are only 3 real reasons why spectres die in the current game

1 the summoner doesn't actually do all it can to keep them alive. usually a combination of not investing in minion life and not capping resists
2 the spectre base is just too low a level
3 the summoner fights a boss that does so much damage that nothing survives it.

you can solve problem one by investing in life and a purity of elements aura
the low level one is the main annoyance
and number 3 so something ggg needs to look at.

Now the only reason why i keep suggesting on trying a build that focuses on the zombies not dying instead of one that re summons them is because it solves several qol issue all in one go.

The core idea is if your zombies dont die , most of time ... none of your minions will. they are your base line in terms of durability. so that means you dont need to recast dead specters either which means you dont need to rely on the tanky spectres to have a minion that stays alive for you.

it also means you dont waste time re-summoning and instead can focus on other things. mechanically it makes playing the summoner easier. if your minions dont die.. then you dont need skill slots dedicated to them. and indeed i dont actually have spectres or my guardian on my active slots. (zombies are there only because i had space).

even in i level 80 maps . they dont die. and it plays great.

im probably going to skip the temp leagues for ascendancy so i guess i can sand box a few things in standard.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 16, 2016, 2:13:50 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
ascendency has me annoyed because scion has been the best base for summoners for a good while.
(mostly because the witch exits are too rigid... either es which is ok, mana .. which you wont need or spell damage which you dont need either).

scion not having any ascendancy options related to summoners would be soul crushing since i have 3 scion based summoners.

as for the witch ascendancy. i think we need to keep in mind that we are reaching 300+% minion damage as is. so 100% increased damage is not nearly as impactful as one might initially think it is.

its basically a boost of 20ish%, the life is probably the more important bit . but even that might be slightly miss-leading. There are only 3 real reasons why spectres die in the current game

1 the summoner doesn't actually do all it can to keep them alive. usually a combination of not investing in minion life and not capping resists
2 the spectre base is just too low a level
3 the summoner fights a boss that does so much damage that nothing survives it.

you can solve problem one by investing in life and a purity of elements aura
the low level one is the main annoyance
and number 3 so something ggg needs to look at.

Now the only reason why i keep suggesting on trying a build that focuses on the zombies not dying instead of one that re summons them is because it solves several qol issue all in one go.

The core idea is if your zombies dont die , most of time ... none of your minions will. they are your base line in terms of durability. so that means you dont need to recast dead specters either which means you dont need to rely on the tanky spectres to have a minion that stays alive for you.

it also means you dont waste time re-summoning and instead can focus on other things. mechanically it makes playing the summoner easier. if your minions dont die.. then you dont need skill slots dedicated to them. and indeed i dont actually have spectres or my guardian on my active slots. (zombies are there only because i had space).

even in i level 80 maps . they dont die. and it plays great.

im probably going to skip the temp leagues for ascendancy so i guess i can sand box a few things in standard.

Good Point, i agree not having to resummon Zombie is a quality of life too, but my problem is my build focus on damage from zombie and auras. If i want my zombie to not die it would cost me either an aura (Purity Of Elements) or a gem slot wich will lower my damage.

I guess it all comes down to a choice, i dont really care to resummon them when i need but if you do you can adjust thats what i love about summoners you can adapt a lot.

I really wish the scion gives us something too! With my revenants they did so much damage with ele weak and conductivity that they would kill themselves to reflect so the 100% life kinda helps with that.

Did you have this problem?
Thanks for the all the discussion its nice.
actually, you only need to worry about minion damage if you had kept your zombies in your hat.

but you put them in your staff instead. in the end all that hatred gets you is effectively an extra more multi. or put another way an extra gem link.

Very useful for scaling a 4 link zombie in a +2 because its effectively a 5.5 - 6l in practice. this takes advantage of the singlular damage type of zombies . a 4l zombie can quite easily do 100% of its damage as physical. it makes scaling from hatred very potent.

But you arent just physical with a poison. so the impact from hatred is somewhat lessened for you.

infact your build can very easily omit elemental damage in its entirety which can simplify things. you wont need elemental curses and you wont need ee.

my core auras have always been poe first , hatred second , discipline third and vitality a distance 4th.... and then everything else because every single one of my core summoner builds act on the concept of having durable minions. you need capped resists if you want truly effective minions (that arent srs) just because one good boss aoe with 40% - 50% all res minions ( their base assuming you got the 1 minion resist node on the tree) will very often result in a total wipe of your minions. and while 1 or two minion re-summons is fine. 10+ in one fight in a fight where every single boss attack can one shot the whole lot of them.... is simply not sustainable.

zombies as a gem were not built to be so disposable. skeletons yes. zombies no and 6l zombies run upwards of 250 mana each.

poe is the cheapest way to make them durable vs elemental. then the rest is careful investment in good jewels (i have 4 life/ damage jewels)
and some judicial use of offerings and the blind gem.

150% increased life zombies with empower = 17k hp zombies.

my build is also a life build like yours. i only have about 4500 hp ( could push to 5k if i really wanted too).

but i have zero direct investment in mana , zero direct investment in es and no eb.
Can this build clear Atziri?
"
Honebuto wrote:
Nice Build. So, can this build kill Merci Malachai?

if you are playing softcore this build type can kill malachai when you are level 70
hardcore id probably wait until you get a few more levels and increase your hp pool a fair bit more. having less than 8k effective hp is not recommended for doing bosses for the sake of bosses content. it is an unnecessary risk.

you can realistically get around 5k life and 2 - 3k es on a budget.

"
Alchimistul wrote:
Can this build clear Atziri?

regular? easily. uber? ehh not so much. you need a ton of great stuff to make uber viable for minion builds because minions have a limited set of tools available to them to deal with high damage content.

plus you need 9 - 10k ehp over capped resistances and a pretty nice damage pool. none of which come easy for summoners which rely on otherwise statistically inferior items like the low es on bones of ullr , the low es on vis mortis etc...
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 23, 2016, 10:22:36 AM
@Saltychipmunk Care to post your gear setup and tree?

Thanks.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
if you are playing softcore this build type can kill malachai when you are level 70
Can confirm, I think I did Merc Malachai when I was around that level. My zombies died in like 5s in the second phase, but every time they wiped I did maybe 1/5 of Malachai's health so it was okay.

Side note,
Ascendancy spoiler
poison gem definitely got nerfed, not sure the extent of it, it's possible that the support will no longer have ANY "increased poison damage". Hopefully the damage will still be enough for this build
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
i saw ur canyon vidio.

played the game sicne open beta, never made a minion build, so i was considering it.
but the clear speed seems slow compared to bow builds like LA chain or melee reave etc or is it just me?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
i saw ur canyon vidio.

played the game sicne open beta, never made a minion build, so i was considering it.
but the clear speed seems slow compared to bow builds like LA chain or melee reave etc or is it just me?

that is to be expected.

on the pantheon of clear speed all minion builds are on the low side by simple fact that you are relying on minions to do your damage.... which means you have to wait for your minions to
A see a target
B move within range of target
C attack target

where as the core concept of bow builds is that you dont have to do that at all. just shoot in front of you and let your aoe sort everything out.

what minion builds allow you to do is not unlike what totems do for you. ie they act as your proxy doing your damage but more importantly taking most of your damage for you.

and because most map mods and dangerous mechanics in the game explicitly target the player the minions of the summoners can get away with a ton of crap such as

1 they dont have to deal with difficulty resist penalities. a zombies resist is the same in normal as it is in maps
2 they arent affected by players X map mods or X on players mods such as curses or lower resist penalties.
3 reflect is largely a non issue too since minion hp pools are much closer to their damage output than that of the player. a well built zombie could have 17k hp and do 30 - 50k dps vs a well roleld player having only maybe 6k while doing 100 - 200k dps. one takes its own relfects much better than the other.

low clear speed is their price.

but then again you need to consider that having an army of minions is just fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info