Poison Summoner 2.1 Talisman HC

cool ty
Hi - I was planning a similar build, thinking I was being original, then I found your post!
Thought I'd get geared up early so bought a femur - was cursing the number of jewellers it took to socket, then I hit a 6l in 2 fuses.... Insane fusing luck this league, hit a 6l windripper in 5 fuses too. So Looks like I'm good to go!

One question, any reason you don't take Zealot's Oath? Is it just not needed and you'd prefer the life regen?

Carl
Hi, I did a similar build for a bit.

here's my gear

I figured hatred wasn't really worth getting, since I didn't lack for damage, and due to the ridiculous scaling on poison, hatred only increased my dps by 15% even with generosity. Instead, I blasphemy'd temporal chains. With that, I don't have to worry about CoH or EE proc'ing because I can just self-cast vulnerability, which I really like because it's so quick.

This build is really strong, they have a similar playstyle to old Burning Miscreations where mobs insta-die when they get in range of my summons, turning the game into a loot-collecting game no combat required. The best part is that the way I've build it, my 10 zombies do about 35k dps each (or they would if their AI were optimal...) so I just don't need to worry about my spectres doing damage whatsoever.
If I did want damage on spectres, I think the best spectres to get would be the giant stone statues in the Grand Colisseum or Arena map, Towering Figments they're called (and they are guaranteed spawns, by the way, so easy to get). According to poedb, their Puncture does 50% of hit damage normally, and 150% of hit damage when the target is moving. Bleed scales off the same multipliers as poison, so that's a LOT of damage, especially with vulnerability.
However, since I don't have to worry about damage, I just run Plumed Chimerals with gmp, blind, and minion life for maximum safety. Suppressing Fire + blind + temporal chains is a lot of CC! Their AI isn't that great either, but with 3 of them I get pretty good coverage. I just wish I had a way to chill, too.

Also, using Femurs, Vaal Summon Skeletons is 70% attack speed that lasts for 30 seconds with inc duration, buut... it lags horribly both when the skeletons pop up and when they expire... it's gotten me killed before, popping it in a boss-room and lagging to death... that's part of why I quit playing the build :/

The other downside is that I still, even with 3.5k life 3.5k ES, get bursted down sometimes. Maybe a cwdt setup instead of skeletons would fix that, cwdt - immo call - enfeeble probably.

But yeah, the build does enough damage to kill Malformation Piety in ~10 seconds, if you can avoid dying for that long.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Carlovski wrote:
Hi - I was planning a similar build, thinking I was being original, then I found your post!
Thought I'd get geared up early so bought a femur - was cursing the number of jewellers it took to socket, then I hit a 6l in 2 fuses.... Insane fusing luck this league, hit a 6l windripper in 5 fuses too. So Looks like I'm good to go!

One question, any reason you don't take Zealot's Oath? Is it just not needed and you'd prefer the life regen?

Carl

I'm also debating what to use as the 6th link, Melee Physical seems the best choice, until/unless I get a high level empower, but what about minion speed? Might help clear speed and survivability. Bit of bonus attack speed on there too. Minion life another option, but might not help that much, I get the feeling that 90% of the time they will be tanky enough, and against map boss AOE, they will die regardless.
Blue socket lets me run IIR too in case I fancy a bit of light MFing.
Last edited by Carlovski on Jan 30, 2016, 7:30:41 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:

Carl

Gratz on the 6l I have been trying to 6 Link one myself i now have about 10 5L lol. But yeah i really hate Zealot Oath with EB, Anyway as a summoner you dont get hit that often so i dont think its needed personally.
"

here's my gear

I figured hatred wasn't really worth getting, since I didn't lack for damage, and due to the ridiculous scaling on poison, hatred only increased my dps by 15% even with generosity. Instead, I blasphemy'd temporal chains. With that, I don't have to worry about CoH or EE proc'ing because I can just self-cast vulnerability, which I really like because it's so quick.

This build is really strong, they have a similar playstyle to old Burning Miscreations where mobs insta-die when they get in range of my summons, turning the game into a loot-collecting game no combat required. The best part is that the way I've build it, my 10 zombies do about 35k dps each (or they would if their AI were optimal...) so I just don't need to worry about my spectres doing damage whatsoever.
If I did want damage on spectres, I think the best spectres to get would be the giant stone statues in the Grand Colisseum or Arena map, Towering Figments they're called (and they are guaranteed spawns, by the way, so easy to get). According to poedb, their Puncture does 50% of hit damage normally, and 150% of hit damage when the target is moving. Bleed scales off the same multipliers as poison, so that's a LOT of damage, especially with vulnerability.
However, since I don't have to worry about damage, I just run Plumed Chimerals with gmp, blind, and minion life for maximum safety. Suppressing Fire + blind + temporal chains is a lot of CC! Their AI isn't that great either, but with 3 of them I get pretty good coverage. I just wish I had a way to chill, too.

Also, using Femurs, Vaal Summon Skeletons is 70% attack speed that lasts for 30 seconds with inc duration, buut... it lags horribly both when the skeletons pop up and when they expire... it's gotten me killed before, popping it in a boss-room and lagging to death... that's part of why I quit playing the build :/

The other downside is that I still, even with 3.5k life 3.5k ES, get bursted down sometimes. Maybe a cwdt setup instead of skeletons would fix that, cwdt - immo call - enfeeble probably.

But yeah, the build does enough damage to kill Malformation Piety in ~10 seconds, if you can avoid dying for that long.

Thank you for trying it!. I would get more life at the cost of energy shield in your case. I have 6k Health and 2K ES, If i would'nt run hatred i think i would go for purity of elements and discipline with some aura nodes. It is true that hatred doesn't scale the poison but it add so much damage and i need to path throught elemental equilibrium anyway. I stopped using Vaal SUmmon Skeleton too much lag, I would chose between vaal haste and vaal discipline.
"
"
Spoiler

here's my gear

But yeah, the build does enough damage to kill Malformation Piety in ~7 seconds, if you can avoid dying for that long.

Thank you for trying it!. I would get more life at the cost of energy shield in your case. I have 6k Health and 2K ES, If i would'nt run hatred i think i would go for purity of elements and discipline with some aura nodes. It is true that hatred doesn't scale the poison but it add so much damage and i need to path throught elemental equilibrium anyway. I stopped using Vaal SUmmon Skeleton too much lag, I would chose between vaal haste and vaal discipline.

Yeah I swapped to Vaal Haste (and Vaal Disc.), though I do still use a simple skeletotem for some bosses. The move-speed from Vaal Haste kind of makes up for the lack of attack speed.

Re: Hatred, even with EE, for my build it doesn't increase zombie dps by more than 25% and I personally like having the extra 15% mana (using blasphemy instead of Hatred) as a QoL thing, especially in low/no regen maps. Hatred would help against phys-resistant enemies, however, so maybe it's worth using for that reason.

One thing I will mention are my links for Zombies. I use:
Zombie - Melee Splash - Minion Damage - Poison - Minion Speed

I really, really like Minion Speed on zombies. I think it makes the build noticeably safer without too much of a DPS cost, the attack speed is nice enough. Faster zombies spend less time derping around not hitting anything, and more time pulling aggro.

I hope they don't nerf this build when they nerf poison, I don't think zombies do enough damage without poison and I really like a zombie-based summoner much more than a spectre-based one. Feels more summoner-y somehow.
"
"
"
Spoiler

here's my gear

But yeah, the build does enough damage to kill Malformation Piety in ~7 seconds, if you can avoid dying for that long.

Yeah I swapped to Vaal Haste (and Vaal Disc.), though I do still use a simple skeletotem for some bosses. The move-speed from Vaal Haste kind of makes up for the lack of attack speed.

Re: Hatred, even with EE, for my build it doesn't increase zombie dps by more than 25% and I personally like having the extra 15% mana (using blasphemy instead of Hatred) as a QoL thing, especially in low/no regen maps. Hatred would help against phys-resistant enemies, however, so maybe it's worth using for that reason.

One thing I will mention are my links for Zombies. I use:
Zombie - Melee Splash - Minion Damage - Poison - Minion Speed

I really, really like Minion Speed on zombies. I think it makes the build noticeably safer without too much of a DPS cost, the attack speed is nice enough. Faster zombies spend less time derping around not hitting anything, and more time pulling aggro.

I hope they don't nerf this build when they nerf poison, I don't think zombies do enough damage without poison and I really like a zombie-based summoner much more than a spectre-based one. Feels more summoner-y somehow.

I honestly think the nerf will hit this build, i use EB so you really dont need extra mana, its usefull when your zombie die and you can resummon otherwise if you want to go hybrid you could do that, im not sure blasphemy range is enough with zombie with minion speed thought. But a tweak i will try at the build is replacing multistrike with faster attack, Because multistrike is better against non moving target for sure, but most threat move a lot. BTW i just 6 Linked a femurs of the saints yesterday im hyped!
Not to try and outdo you, but I also just 6 linked my vis mortis as well!
Although it is of fairly limited use really, don't really need the link, and it is one less utility slot. Best I could get is 3G2B1R as well, which isn't ideal. I've linked added fire for now, but it isn't ideal.

I'm also leaning towards the minion speed for the zombies, I really want them getting in front of the spectres. So I'd possibly drop bloodlust - it might be a really good multiplier, but it is situational and only a bit better than an always up one. Poison is doing the real work.

Which kind of means I might as well drop the knitted horrors... So basically a total different build! Not sure yet, it's partially motivated by the pain of getting the knitted horrors up, and not sure what spectres I would use, while levelling I had fun with the tentacle miscreations, the fire rate is insane. But they are a bit squishy. I guess I'd want to stick with physical projectiles as it suits my zombie auras and curses

"
Carlovski wrote:
Not to try and outdo you, but I also just 6 linked my vis mortis as well!
Although it is of fairly limited use really, don't really need the link, and it is one less utility slot. Best I could get is 3G2B1R as well, which isn't ideal. I've linked added fire for now, but it isn't ideal.

I'm also leaning towards the minion speed for the zombies, I really want them getting in front of the spectres. So I'd possibly drop bloodlust - it might be a really good multiplier, but it is situational and only a bit better than an always up one. Poison is doing the real work.

Which kind of means I might as well drop the knitted horrors... So basically a total different build! Not sure yet, it's partially motivated by the pain of getting the knitted horrors up, and not sure what spectres I would use, while levelling I had fun with the tentacle miscreations, the fire rate is insane. But they are a bit squishy. I guess I'd want to stick with physical projectiles as it suits my zombie auras and curses

Knitted horrors are actually pretty decent on damage and aoe, bleed is really good on minions for the same reason poison is. If the numbers are the same as puncture, then that 60% of hit damage taken while moving becomes (assuming 300% increased minion damage) 240% of hit damage per second. I found them to be somewhat helpful for clear speed.
There are also big statues in Arena maps that use puncture and according to poedb their multiplier is much higher, like 150% or something. I used those for a bit, they're like big extra-tanky zombies and they look pretty cool with Stygian mtx, they are a little slow though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info