[2.1] Sossaman's Mjolnadin – strongest while cheapest mjolner? [Video added]

"
Sossaman_ wrote:
"
dan1elgott wrote:
"
Sossaman_ wrote:

Regarding Endurance Charges: You are right, without Voll's Devotion, it's not possible to maintain Endurance Charges, because discharge would consume them immediately. Without Voll's Devotion I used Immortal Call anyway (better a short Immortall Call than no Immortall Call at all).

Hey
Same question, how were u actually generation endurance charges?

As I said above: Without Voll's Devotion, it's not possible to maintain Endurance Charges, because Discharge would consume them immediately, and without Voll's there is simply no way at all, to generate Endurance Charges anywhere near fast enough to be able maintain them (or to have any noticeable impact on discharge-damage). No mjolner-build is able to achieve this without Voll's. Therefore, without Voll's Devotion we're not even going to try to generate them.

Damage-wise we do less damage, which you can partly compensate by using Wrath instead of Haste, if you like.

Defence-wise you either can use Immortal Call anyway (which is what I did; better ~0.7s Immortal Call than no IC at all), or use one of the cast-when-damage-taken-setups I suggested in my previous posting. :)

I was forgetting that immortalcall could proc without endurance charges, thanks for taking the time to explain

also i accidentially 6linked my chest peice, what would u put in it? :s
Last edited by dan1elgott on Dec 31, 2015, 4:18:44 AM
Couldnt you just Switch either temp chains or enfeeble to warlords mark to get end charges going?
"
Petekes wrote:
Couldnt you just Switch either temp chains or enfeeble to warlords mark to get end charges going?

And how far would you get them going? Mark gives a chance to get a charge on mob kill and there will never be a single one left for immortal call with discharge eating a hundred charges per second.

It's Voll's devotion or nothing, sadly.
"
dan1elgott wrote:
I was forgetting that immortalcall could proc without endurance charges, thanks for taking the time to explain

also i accidentially 6linked my chest peice, what would u put in it? :s

Wow, congrats for your 6L. :)

As 6th link I would suggest (in no particular order):
• either Lesser Multiple Projectiles (then Molten Strike fires 9 instead of 7 projectiles)
• or Lightning Strike (if you want to use LS for packs and MS only for single-target)
• or Fortify (then you don't have to bother with Leap Slam to keep your Fortify up)

(Keep in mind the chroming-costs for off-color-sockets; https://siveran.github.io/calc.html)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 1:36:38 PM
"
nike2000 wrote:
maybe daresso + endurance war cry can fix the problem?!
"
Petekes wrote:

Every cast of Discharge consumes all of our charges. And since we are discharging several times per second, without Voll's Devotion it's downright impossible to generate enough Endurance Charges.

"
VesperderpPOE wrote:
And how far would you get them going? Mark gives a chance to get a charge on mob kill and there will never be a single one left for immortal call with discharge eating a hundred charges per second.

It's Voll's devotion or nothing, sadly.

Yeah, you are right. But fortunately, with Grace + Iron Reflexes + Temp Chains + Enfeeble we don't need Voll's Devotion to be able to play T10-maps. While it's even more fun w/ Voll's Devotion, it's still a ton of fun w/o Voll's, too. :)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 1:56:06 PM
Hey, i'm a Mjolner Newbie, started with PoE a few weeks back, so forgive my dumb questions x)

1. Which skill would be better to lvl this with? Currently i'm doing it with Arc.
2. Where should i go first on the passive tree?
3. How am I supposed to use Mjolner with all those ultra high str/int requirements?

Ty in advance guys.

PS: I already have a high lv flicker striker duelist, so besides from voll's, I have the currency to buy everything else.
What lvl did you start using your Mjolner? Im 70 and about 18 points away from using it it looks like
BEST GAME EVER
"
Jihadjoe wrote:
What lvl did you start using your Mjolner? Im 70 and about 18 points away from using it it looks like

Are you using your fertile mind gem? I started using it around level 65 or so!
"
Jihadjoe wrote:

From our rares and/or jewels we need at least 21 int, 42 str, 19 dex.
Spoiler
For Mjolner we need 300 intelligence:
Passive-tree has 185 int as Scion (Shadow 183, Templar 183, Duelist 174). Fertile Mind in the jewel-slot next to Vaal Pact transforms 60 dex to int, and has up to 24 int itself. Doedre's Damning has up to 10 int.
So as Scion we need at least 21 int from our rares and/or jewels (Shadow 23, Templar 23, Duelist 32).

For Mjolner we need 412 strength:
Passive-tree has 370 str as Scion (Shadow 364, Templar 373, Duelist 373).
So as Scion we need at least 42 str from our rares and/or jewels (Shadow 48, Templar 39, Duelist 39).

For Grace we need 159 dexterity:
Passive-tree has 200 dex as Scion (Shadow 203, Templar 194, Duelist 203). Fertile Mind in the jewel-slot next to Vaal Pact transforms 60 dex to int, which leaves us with 140 dex.
So as Scion we need at least 19 dex from our rares and/or jewels (Shadow 16, Templar 25, Duelist 16).

With lvl 60 we will be missing some of those stats from the tree, of course. But with 3 rare-items (5 without Voll's Devotion) and 3 jewel-sockets, the mjolner-requirements should be comparatively easy to achieve.

You can also use Atziri's Foible (~1 chaos in Standard | ~1 alch in Talisman), but I suggest switching to a cheap, rare Agate Amulet as soon as possible.

Even without Atziri's Foible it should be possible to wear Mjolner with lvl 60.
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 2, 2016, 11:55:16 AM
"
Arounder wrote:
Hey, i'm a Mjolner Newbie, started with PoE a few weeks back, so forgive my dumb questions x)

1. Which skill would be better to lvl this with? Currently i'm doing it with Arc.
2. Where should i go first on the passive tree?
3. How am I supposed to use Mjolner with all those ultra high str/int requirements?

Ty in advance guys.

PS: I already have a high lv flicker striker duelist, so besides from voll's, I have the currency to buy everything else.

Regarding levelling and and the passive-tree you may want to read what I wrote here, and regarding reaching the mjolner-requirements what I wrote here.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 2, 2016, 12:18:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info