[2.1] Sossaman's Mjolnadin – strongest while cheapest mjolner? [Video added]

"
Teslatest wrote:
any tips how to level? at which level is it possible to use the build?
Can you link your gear plz?
thx

The level-requirements are: Doedre's Damning 0, Saffell's Frame 59, Mjolner 60, Romira's Banquet 60, Alpha's Howl 64.

Level to 60 with some cookie-cutter meta-build which is not dependent on your passive-tree (or simply improvise on your way to 60), then switch to Mjolner (make sure to reach the mjolner-requirements for strength and intelligence, but with the jewel-slots this should be fairly easy), leave out one aura (Enfeeble or Haste) until you can wear Alpha's Howl with lvl 64. Also make sure to level the most important gems (Discharge, Arc, Grace, Temp Chains, Faster Attacks, Haste) in the second weapon slot.

Ragarding the passive-tree:
Reach out for the sides of the tree first, so that with lvl 60 you have all keystones and the jewel slots, and all aura-nodes with lvl 64. Also make sure to reach the mjolner-requirements for str and int. Then add the missing nodes to your liking.

Be aware that – because Mjolner requires a lot of investment in the passive tree – mjolner-builds in general are not that good below level 75 or 80, and a missing Voll's isn't beneficial to this fact, either. But as I said before: With this build I played to 85 without Voll's Devotion myself, and it still was a lot of fun. Without Voll's it won't get better than Mjolnadin, I think. :)

Edit: Added my gear in the initial posting.
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 11:12:24 AM
"
nike2000 wrote:
hello, thanks for spending time to write the guide. However, me and maybe others... also want to have things such as , leveling skill-trees, gear-link, suggest leveling gem-skills and least but not last few videos for demonstrations.... Since new mjolner is pretty "buy-able" but voll amulet be still high-up-to sky ,so I think people will love to test new build out

Thanks for your suggestions. Since this is my first build-guide, I'll try to add them successively. :)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 11:17:28 AM
Could you post a section that has your gear in it please? Thanks.
"
Benstylez wrote:
Interesting concept, however;

130% maximum life for a hardcore viable build? Will that be enough?

The tree has 150 Int, so we need 150 more from gear?

Passive-tree has itself 185 int as Scion (Shadow 183, Templar 183, Duelist 174). Fertile Mind in the jewel-slot next to Vaal Pact transforms 60 dex to int, and has up to 24 int itself. Doedre's Damning has up to 10 int. So as Scion we need at least 21 int from our rares and/or jewels (Shadow 23, Templar 23, Duelist 32). Should be quite easy.

For Hardcore, I would suggest you use Determination instead of Haste and try a passive-tree something like this:

(If you have Voll's Devotion in Hardcore, also get the Endurance Charge instead of the Power Charge from the bandits quest.)

Also keep in mind that Mjolnadin only requires gear for about 4ex. While there may be even more tanky mjolner-builds, they are way more expensive than this, and I personally wouldn't consider item-requirements of 50+ ex or even 100+ ex as hardcore-viable.

And believe me, Blasphemy + Temp Chains + Enfeeble is damn strong!

Edit: If you play Hardcore and don't use Kingsguard, instead of using a pure armour-based chest, you may consider using a armour-es hybrid-chest, which would add some energy shield on top of your life pool. (But keep in mind the chroming-costs for off-color-sockets.)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 4, 2016, 10:10:03 PM
"
Could you post a section that has your gear in it please? Thanks.

Added my gear in the initial posting.

Spoiler

Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 11:46:13 AM
Hey Sossaman,
I have played your build on talisman and now i have two questions:

Since i have no voll's devotion how do i get Endurance Charges and if there is no way, what do i take for immortal call?

Am I supposed to run all 4 auras simultaniously? For me it does not work even if I have alpha's howl and -34% mana reserved

Thanks.
"
Pandamie wrote:
Hey Sossaman,
I have played your build on talisman and now i have two questions:

Since i have no voll's devotion how do i get Endurance Charges and if there is no way, what do i take for immortal call?

Am I supposed to run all 4 auras simultaniously? For me it does not work even if I have alpha's howl and -34% mana reserved

Thanks.

The auras you use by default are Grace, Temp Chains (linked with Blasphemy), and Enfeeble (linked with Blasphemy).

As fourth aura I use Haste, but if you have no Voll's Devotion, you may try Wrath instead. Or Determination, if you want to be even more tanky. Just choose what fits your personal playstyle most. :)

Grace + Haste/Wrath/Determination + Temp Chains + Enfeeble should reserve exactly 100% of your mana.

All other auras are replacements for one or more of these four auras, to be able to adapt to map affixes. So, for example, if you want to play a map with the affix "players are cured with elemental weakness", then your resistances won't be capped anymore. Then you have the option to deactivate, let's say Enfeeble, and activate Purity of Elements instead, to make it easier to play this map.

Regarding Endurance Charges: You are right, without Voll's Devotion, it's not possible to maintain Endurance Charges, because discharge would consume them immediately. Without Voll's Devotion I used Immortal Call anyway (better a short Immortall Call than no Immortall Call at all).

But you can also try, for example:
• Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call – Molten Shell – Chaos Golem
• Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call – Summon Skeletons – Chaos Golem
• Cast when damage taken - Ball Lightning – Blind – Chaos Golem

Just be creative. :)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 11:48:56 AM
"
Sossaman_ wrote:

Regarding Endurance Charges: You are right, without Voll's Devotion, it's not possible to maintain Endurance Charges, because discharge would consume them immediately. Without Voll's Devotion I used Immortal Call anyway (better a short Immortall Call than no Immortall Call at all).

Hey
Same question, how were u actually generation endurance charges?
"
dan1elgott wrote:
Hey
Same question, how were u actually generation endurance charges?

As I said above: Without Voll's Devotion, it's not possible to maintain Endurance Charges, because Discharge would consume them immediately, and without Voll's there is simply no way at all, to generate Endurance Charges anywhere near fast enough to be able maintain them (or to have any noticeable impact on discharge-damage). No mjolner-build is able to achieve this without Voll's. Therefore, without Voll's Devotion we're not even going to try to generate them.

Damage-wise we do less damage, which you can partly compensate by using Wrath instead of Haste, if you like.

Defence-wise you either can use Immortal Call anyway (which is what I did; better ~0.7s Immortal Call than no IC at all), or use one of the cast-when-damage-taken-setups I suggested in my previous posting. :)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 1, 2016, 12:25:33 PM
maybe daresso + endurance war cry can fix the problem?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info