3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

I was asking because I already had the jewel with max rolls but I got another drop and vaal'd it to Corrupted Blood implicit. One has %10 Global Phys, other has %15. Is corrupted blood worth %5 difference?

And do we still need Sin's Rebirth with new gloves?
Last edited by feelthepain on Jun 8, 2019, 7:53:23 PM
"
feelthepain wrote:
I was asking because I already had the jewel with max rolls but I got another drop and vaal'd it to Corrupted Blood implicit. One has %10 Global Phys, other has %15. Is corrupted blood worth %5 difference?

Normally I would say that 5% increased damage doesn't matter too much, but the "Corrupted Blood" vaal implicit is not a good tradeoff because a Staunching (Bleed Removal) mod on a flask achieves the same thing, and that should be on your Life flask as is the norm.

"
And do we still need Sin's Rebirth with new gloves?

Sin's Rebirth was never a requirement, that would be asking for way too much if it was a necessity. It's just a best-in-slot flask like Taste of Hate. You don't need them, but if you manage to get your hands on one, holy whiz that's a lot of damage.

Focus on survivability first and foremost before worrying your head over what uniques are required. There's no rush.
"
ChaoMing wrote:

"
What about putting 2nd Might And Influence Jewel

Well hot damn I wish we could. Sadly, we are hard-limited to 1. Game rules, sorry!

Thx for details. Didn't see "limited to 1", saw this suggestion on other build.

------------

POB got updated.

3kk DPS in your POB build now, ChaoMing. PogChamp

EDIT: NVM I took the old POB code, with 50 blitz stacks. So it's same 2kk DPS after all, and only about 10 APS with multistrike.

Don't even know if we'll be able to play it like it was intended by OP
Last edited by lownoise on Jun 9, 2019, 8:14:43 AM
Rage+Fortify actually gives the most single target DPS.

Beats impale, added fire dmg, close combat (this one not sure, POB doesn't count it at all)

Spoiler

EDIT: I'm not sure, if multistrike is counted properly too.
Last edited by lownoise on Jun 9, 2019, 8:27:56 AM
Updated POB (now with Berserk, Rage Support, and Impale Support):

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/gUzrTVy9

My current gear set at Level 72:

Spoiler

Damn, that hit to Multistrike really hurt the premise of the build, but maybe that's what GGG is looking to move away from: leech facetanking.

Impale Support might be a great contender for tons of DPS. Someone did the math here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxf4vk/impale_is_actually_insane_now/

Now the question is whether or not to fetch the 30% Impale effect on the tree or not. We're short on points as it is, and a quarter of our damage comes from Hatred and that cold damage won't be accounted for in Impale's DPS calculations.

In any case, I'm definitely going to go with Ruthless - Impale Support as my single-target DPS gems, keeping Rage as a primary non-swap support. Because of the socket colors, I think we need to rush the "Vorici Research" Betrayal Encounter to grab white sockets for our Bringer of Rain. In the meantime, I'll have to stick with Ruthless - Multistrike.

On another note: Phys. Reflect is a huge "no bueno."
Last edited by ChaoMing on Jun 9, 2019, 5:40:27 PM
"
ChaoMing wrote:
Updated POB (now with Berserk, Rage Support, and Impale Support):

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/gUzrTVy9

My current gear set at Level 72:

Spoiler

Damn, that hit to Multistrike really hurt the premise of the build, but maybe that's what GGG is looking to move away from: leech facetanking.

Impale Support might be a great contender for tons of DPS. Someone did the math here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxf4vk/impale_is_actually_insane_now/

Now the question is whether or not to fetch the 30% Impale effect on the tree or not. We're short on points as it is, and a quarter of our damage comes from Hatred and that cold damage won't be accounted for in Impale's DPS calculations.

In any case, I'm definitely going to go with Ruthless - Impale Support as my single-target DPS gems, keeping Rage as a primary non-swap support. Because of the socket colors, I think we need to rush the "Vorici Research" Betrayal Encounter to grab white sockets for our Bringer of Rain. In the meantime, I'll have to stick with Ruthless - Multistrike.

On another note: Phys. Reflect is a huge "no bueno."

Just take Pride instead of Hatred
New, new POB:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Z5V4rtrC

Trying to work out some more survivability. Currently experimenting with taking out some accuracy nodes and Iron Reflexes to take the middle node highway in favor of Vitality Void for better leech, plus trying to go for the Guard nodes on the tree. Not sure if I want Phase Acrobatics quite yet.

If anyone has any more feedback, feel free to chime in!
Facetank got nerfed due to multistrike rework.
Are we still need Bloodseeker at endgame? LGOH is not also good without good AS.
We need another defense mechanism.
I usually farm uber elder with pretty much all the builds I play. When I pick a build I NEVER play glass cannon builds or zero single target dps builds.

So far this build seems like the most challenging build to do "elder" content. Boss mechanics are not on the melee builds side and claw weapon range is not helping. Leech facetanking is no where near the old one, so trying to facetank current league content and elder content is not an option, you simply cant survive the attacks. Even when I try to dodge everything, I still get hit once in a while and there is no "recover" mechanism. I simply facerolled entire content except few Legion stuff but on Red elder guardians I hit a massive wall. I've never died so much on these guardians with any other build.

The build depends so much on Leech and when you cant leech enough to facetank all those attacks as MELEE, its simply not worth it, not to mention Berserker ascendancy ramp-up on multiple-phase bosses. I think I'm done with the build.
Last edited by feelthepain on Jun 10, 2019, 11:42:39 PM
Okay so there's some pretty huge changes to my proposed passive tree after some more research, reading some reddit threads and looking at some other successful builds in 3.7:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/1TGpGVR0

(This one goes off of my current state in the game, so the DPS and life numbers aren't like the previous POBs)

This is probably the final revision. I personally don't see any more changes I can make without changing the entire scope of the build.

I have grossly underestimated the power of some of the new passives that improve some vague and newer mechanics: Impale, Maim, inc. Fortify effect, and the Guard nodes.

First and foremost, Impale is extremely disgusting for pure physical-based builds, as I mentioned in a previous post. I'm sacrificing a lot of life on the passive tree and am heading towards those nodes now, instead. On top of not filling out the big Life wheel, I am getting rid of two clusters:

Spoiler

and

But, what about survivability? We can't rely on leech facetanking, that premise is long gone. I can't stress it enough, DO NOT try to facetank things anymore. Play more safely. You'll be able to do it when mapping but when you hit bosses, you'll be sorely disappointed. I'm sorry, but that's the reality of the situation. We simply do not attack fast enough anymore. If anything, we've deranked from an "endgame bossing" build to a "reliable mapping to endgame" build. If you're running with this build, take it to the highest tier of maps you can go before things become too annoying or difficult to deal with, rake in whatever currency you can get you hands on, then start cashing in towards a good budget build (one or multiple exalts).

After looking at a lot of builds that are Level 90+ using Strike skills, I've seen one trend in common across a majority of them: inc. Fortify effect. These builds are sitting at 4k life and still pushing endgame like crazy, and it's all because they feel very safe from their Fortify. I've also come to realize that POB isn't calculating the new Fortify nodes at all (taking inc. Fortify effect on the tree does not change any calculations whatsoever and those nodes aren't lighting up the correct color when "Show node power" is ticked). POB also isn't calculating Impale at all and the evade chance is completely off compared to the in-game Character Stats page, so all of this theorizing on POB is very unreliable until I go out and try it myself.

In any case, if you can't survive one-shots with a Molten Shell/VMS being scaled by 20k armour with +50% inc. Fortify effect, then there's something seriously wrong and I'm not sure what to do.

Some other things that I have found out. Get rid of Hatred and Herald of Purity. Replace those two with Pride and Flesh and Stone. This was recommended to me before by Lownoise (thanks, bruv), but I had found out one more thing:

Link Maim Support to Flesh and Stone and stay in Blood Stance. The Maim effect is additive according to Bex herself: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxcehl/path_of_exile_legion_gem_information/eq5abqi/?context=10

I am still trying to get a white socket on my BoR to replace the Multistrike swap with an Impale support swap, but I haven't had much time to play these past couple days.

Lastly, I took the Guard nodes to see if they improve the quality of life of relying on Molten Shell as a means to "get in there without dying right off the bat", but also maybe popping it one or two more times during a long fight where leeching might not be fast enough because of the Multistrike nerf.

Final thoughts: I tried to make it work, but GGG wasn't having it. The build isn't bad by any means, it's actually very fun and clears maps very quickly for a Strike-based melee build that isn't Cyclone or Lacerate or whatever while still remaining extremely cheap (I only spent 20c on uniques Day 1+2 that are now 1c each), but it's really disappointing to see this build not being able to break into endgame.

First it was old Vaal Pact, then it was clear speed, and now it's Multistrike, and that last one looks to be the final nail in the coffin. It's time to wrap it up, boys and girls, our leeching days are done.
Last edited by ChaoMing on Jun 11, 2019, 1:51:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info