3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Gonna try this build ASAP.

Getting tired of all that Dark Pact Berserker ,Cyclone ho-ha, time to take it old-school man mode and do it the right way.
What do you think about change build for critical strikes? In my oppinion this would be much better. Can you explain me? And a next question, what are the best mod for helmet? (sorry for my english).
Last edited by KrzychoPL on Aug 21, 2017, 2:17:13 PM
"
KrzychoPL wrote:
What do you think about change build for critical strikes? In my oppinion this would be much better. Can you explain me? And a next question, what are the best mod for helmet? (sorry for my english).

It's good no one listens to your opinion. lol. Crit requires good passive investment which loses life nodes, fuck that, and so you'd have to drop damage/aps nodes to keep life pool and then you lose damage anyway since crit works best with great damage multipliers which you have to drop so crit would occur enough. Dual Strike doesn't crit well and high speed means less power. That's how my build functions. Crit is unreliable and doesn't happen enough.

Worst of all, dropping Resolute Technique causes 25% of your hits to miss = death.
Crit is shit. Just hearing you say crit makes me irritable. lol.

Dual Strike or APS enchant for helm, but good luck getting it. I spent 150 runs and never got either then gave up.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 21, 2017, 5:11:23 PM
"
dualestl wrote:

Getting tired of all that Dark Pact Berserker ,Cyclone ho-ha, time to take it old-school man mode and do it the right way.

^ this is why dual strike is the oldest melee build in the game
because it's simple, mindless fun
no one who plays dual strike cares about economy, dps or farming because they want a giant black man with a huge schmeck to f*ck everyone in their path lol

edit: possibly double strike is older or same age, but mine is way better lol
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 21, 2017, 5:15:23 PM
"
"
dualestl wrote:

no one who plays dual strike cares about economy, dps or farming because they want a giant black man with a huge schmeck to f*ck everyone in their path lol

Oh yeah they are pretty much the same age,back in the day Double Strike was used for crit dagger builds mostly.All before new melee skills got introduced that overshadowed it.

The first time I've ever seen Path Of Exile was actually by someone playing Dual Strike.Crazy how much the game changed since then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dhs78TlKbU
Last edited by dualestl on Aug 22, 2017, 2:26:17 AM
Which is better, to have Grace (with + 2300 armour), or Arctic Armour (with -13% physical and fire damage taken) + another 25% mana reservation gem? Counting that we have already 50% mana reserved for Haste.
"
Frito_Pendejo wrote:
Which is better, to have Grace (with + 2300 armour), or Arctic Armour (with -13% physical and fire damage taken) + another 25% mana reservation gem? Counting that we have already 50% mana reserved for Haste.

Arctic Armor, hands down. Buy a Rumi's pot for 3k armor + Block Chance for like 5 chaos which is fucking amazing! And you can even use a Basalt flask too, since those are super cheap for quick armor. If you are getting pecked to death by lots of small mobs hits then try using more Silver Flasks which are super cheap too, these I consider far superior to damage reduction efforts. Cranking APS is better for leeching survival unless you are legitimately getting 1 HIT KO'ed. Getting one shot means you need more life, rather than more defense but those pots above all help until you do get more life.

2300 armor is not as much damage reduction as arctic armor and stacking armor has depreciating values. The difference between a guy with 8k armor rating and another guy with 16k armor rating is surprisingly small but still both will die pretty much at the same speed lolz. One of the reasons why I always opt for percentile reductions is because they require no investment from the sources which I obtain them. Arctic Armor was primarily introduced into my build to fight Atziri, since it has percentile fire damage reduction and her flameblasts were killer back in the day when dual strikers would struggle to hit even 30k DPS and 5k life. Now budget builds are hitting 250k dps and 7k life and well geared guys are reaching 500k+ dps and 8k+ life. Epic strikers will probably hit 10k life 750k dps.

GGG buffed dual strike because of the popularity of my build and in doing so I was able to allocate many more points into life instead of damage without loss of leech, since leech is based on melee phys dmg. When DPS rocketed, Arctic Armor has just kinda been hangin' around in my build, not really a reason to stop using it but it's easy to forget to even activate it because physical damage reduction does almost squat for my build's survival.

I personally don't like Grace, it's such a massive suck. It devours mana pool more than other auras and requires some passives yet really gives very little to my dual striker.
"
dualestl wrote:
"
"
dualestl wrote:

Oh yeah they are pretty much the same age,back in the day Double Strike was used for crit dagger builds mostly.All before new melee skills got introduced that overshadowed it.

The first time I've ever seen Path Of Exile was actually by someone playing Dual Strike.Crazy how much the game changed since then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dhs78TlKbU

Wow, dude has like... 2 APS lol
Dual Strike has come a looooooooooong way bruddah

I joined when 1.0 released and saw the Bringer of Rain pop up. That's when I began working on my dual striker, because back then getting life + dps with dual strike was impossible. They were glass cannons. Intolerable! I stacked life with passives and gear using the Bringer of Rains as the sole source of DPS multiplication. That's why 1.88 to 1.90 APS siege axes were essential to my build, to maximize speed and damage output since that's all there was! Even still, was barely hitting 30k DPS and 5000 life.

We def come a looooooooong way!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 22, 2017, 8:49:46 AM
"
"
Frito_Pendejo wrote:

Arctic Armor, hands down. Buy a Rumi's pot for 3k armor + Block Chance for like 5 chaos which is fucking amazing! And you can even use a Basalt flask too, since those are super cheap for quick armor. If you are getting pecked to death by lots of small mobs hits then try using more Silver Flasks which are super cheap too, these I consider far superior to damage reduction efforts. Cranking APS is better for leeching survival unless you are legitimately getting 1 HIT KO'ed. Getting one shot means you need more life, rather than more defense but those pots above all help until you do get more life.

2300 armor is not as much damage reduction as arctic armor and stacking armor has depreciating values. The difference between a guy with 8k armor rating and another guy with 16k armor rating is surprisingly small but still both will die pretty much at the same speed lolz. One of the reasons why I always opt for percentile reductions is because they require no investment from the sources which I obtain them. Arctic Armor was primarily introduced into my build to fight Atziri, since it has percentile fire damage reduction and her flameblasts were killer back in the day when dual strikers would struggle to hit even 30k DPS and 5k life. Now budget builds are hitting 250k dps and 7k life and well geared guys are reaching 500k+ dps and 8k+ life. Epic strikers will probably hit 10k life 750k dps.

GGG buffed dual strike because of the popularity of my build and in doing so I was able to allocate many more points into life instead of damage without loss of leech, since leech is based on melee phys dmg. When DPS rocketed, Arctic Armor has just kinda been hangin' around in my build, not really a reason to stop using it but it's easy to forget to even activate it because physical damage reduction does almost squat for my build's survival.

I personally don't like Grace, it's such a massive suck. It devours mana pool more than other auras and requires some passives yet really gives very little to my dual striker.

TY, I'm gonna try. The thing with Grace was because with Kaom's Boots I had to put points to get Iron Reflexes. I'll see what happens now with AA. Some idea for the 25% mana left? Just seeing Heralds to put in, but don't think have sense because of Brutality support, just physical damage.
I have a question: Why don't we use ancestral protector instead of ancestral warchief?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info