3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Hi rogue and Umbra, thank you for your builds I have been using them for a while now, I wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you about trees.

First, I rerolled one standar character with this passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAcbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3koKotPm2qFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZ-OtkUk4yF-Em-BNMwaPiYTB3Wf7BBHloqW534wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS167y5TwBp4DbXybqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExcM6Kjgkiw-rFr91_eLV7UGmfyaVYeI1kti9_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_gpybGxGMglvOw==

As you see, you reach vaal pact easily and I have all those points left, do you think its viable to skip most of the duelist section ?

And with that spare points , what do you think of getting retributtion node , in the templar zone ? I know that are 10 passive points but theorycrafting it might be OP for this build.

And regarding vitality void, most Vaal pact builds does not take it anymore, why is that? Did I miss a nerf or soemthing?

Thank you.
"
Leftlovers wrote:
Hi rogue and Umbra, thank you for your builds I have been using them for a while now, I wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you about trees.

First, I rerolled one standar character with this passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAcbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3koKotPm2qFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZ-OtkUk4yF-Em-BNMwaPiYTB3Wf7BBHloqW534wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS167y5TwBp4DbXybqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExcM6Kjgkiw-rFr91_eLV7UGmfyaVYeI1kti9_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_gpybGxGMglvOw==

As you see, you reach vaal pact easily and I have all those points left, do you think its viable to skip most of the duelist section ?

And with that spare points , what do you think of getting retributtion node , in the templar zone ? I know that are 10 passive points but theorycrafting it might be OP for this build.

And regarding vitality void, most Vaal pact builds does not take it anymore, why is that? Did I miss a nerf or soemthing?

Thank you.

Simply no, you're losing a bit of everything. One of the reasons why we go the route we take is for specifics along the way, especially life and melee damage nodes. What you've tried to bypass will only hinder. For 4 years almost the tree has been optimized for max life while getting every spec of APS and melee dmg possible, there's simply not much left anyone to do to make him stronger.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
posted POB code courtesy Rogue! Second comment!
Wow, 417,000 views and almost 1400 replies on my thread. DAMN! I wonder how many dual strikers are actually out there playing???
What do you think of hemophilia gloves? Did not see anything in first post about them
What do you think about "Punishment" instead of "Enfeeble"

This is my actual Dual Striker lv89, still have to enhance one of my axes and my belt, and find 200 life Kaom's boots with same enchant, I'm at 6200 life (was 6650 with Belly 5L but wanted to try 6L) and starting T14 maps, but sometimes it doesn't feel sustainable to tank like a bloody motherfucker with double harbingers + Beyond xD

And I'm not sure about Brutality Support, I'll try Damage on Full Life Support because right now my elemental damage is out and I have Herald of Ash and 250 eDPS on Axe. I think right now with Totem, flasks and enchants active I'm at 100k DPS.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAECAQHcBS0F-QxzDY0PqxHVE0wUIBXwFr8W6RfhGYobrSGQIuoj0yP2JDckiyaVJvgoKimlKjgwdzIBNZI64T38QzFHfkp9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHV5dYY1n-W69fP1_QYEFh4mNwZFJlTWeAbbRvJ3JsdO108Xasd-N4DXloe4x82YTZhVKHdorwi0-Mz49gkAqVZpXMlwaXeZhXmmqbaqOKpleoB6lurY2wq7Gzshm18r02vqe_CMAawQTBo8M6xILG2M96z37Yvdlh2sHiYeRR6UbqEOoY7T_uDu8O8kX2SPcy-F_46_lj_MX-Cv6P?accountName=Frito_Pendejo&characterName=Faleteselasmetedobladas

"
Frito_Pendejo wrote:
What do you think about "Punishment" instead of "Enfeeble"

This is my actual Dual Striker lv89, still have to enhance one of my axes and my belt, and find 200 life Kaom's boots with same enchant, I'm at 6200 life (was 6650 with Belly 5L but wanted to try 6L) and starting T14 maps, but sometimes it doesn't feel sustainable to tank like a bloody motherfucker with double harbingers + Beyond xD

And I'm not sure about Brutality Support, I'll try Damage on Full Life Support because right now my elemental damage is out and I have Herald of Ash and 250 eDPS on Axe. I think right now with Totem, flasks and enchants active I'm at 100k DPS.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAECAQHcBS0F-QxzDY0PqxHVE0wUIBXwFr8W6RfhGYobrSGQIuoj0yP2JDckiyaVJvgoKimlKjgwdzIBNZI64T38QzFHfkp9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHV5dYY1n-W69fP1_QYEFh4mNwZFJlTWeAbbRvJ3JsdO108Xasd-N4DXloe4x82YTZhVKHdorwi0-Mz49gkAqVZpXMlwaXeZhXmmqbaqOKpleoB6lurY2wq7Gzshm18r02vqe_CMAawQTBo8M6xILG2M96z37Yvdlh2sHiYeRR6UbqEOoY7T_uDu8O8kX2SPcy-F_46_lj_MX-Cv6P?accountName=Frito_Pendejo&characterName=Faleteselasmetedobladas

Voidheart setup (Ruthless Heart Striker) is best with auras to maximize damage, but not the budget build you're using (Bruthless Striker- Brutality + Ruth. Blows). Dmg on Full Life gem is very good and very close to Brutality but it's incredible spikey. POB and actual testing will reveal that although it technically is the best gem, you're only getting about half of its use where you get no damage bonus half the time you're fighting mobs. When you are really REALLY tanking it's almost never active. Brutality is very reliable.

Your issue is that rare axe. Ick! So slow and elemental! No melee damage increases are going to help leech and dps output when your axes cause so little multiplication and you lack the phys dmg to really become a sturdy striker. Biggest downside to my striker is that we plug all we can into passive life nodes and scrounge up whatever APS/Melee Phys along the way... which makes us depend on our axes by far the most for damage. If your axes were just 25% more powerful the base damage would multiply dramatically. The difference between a low end axe sitting around 200k DPS and a high end one is genuinely multiplicative.

Punishment is somewhat shitty. It requires a hit to activate and is gone pretty fast. Vulnerability is what we use since it allows bonus damage over time effects as well, but that's more for Voidheart users for bleed. It's better to increase survival when running budget. Why, you ask? Because when you can survive every attack and enemy dishes out, DPS becomes only a time saving measure. However dying even once is terrible, terrible, terrible. You may want the fight to end sooner, and not using enfeeble may cause that, but it can have the adverse effect to making the fight end sooner because you're dead lol.

Get a better rare axe and you'll see a dramatic difference. Also, stick to one build if you're having trouble. Improvising is not for the timid although the option is there. It's not a terrible thing to 100% follow the guide. You can switch some things once you're more powerful.

Also, elemental axes are horrid. They have nothing good for dual striking. They are terrible. You need all phys.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 23, 2017, 11:47:59 AM
"
Leftlovers wrote:
What do you think of hemophilia gloves? Did not see anything in first post about them

Yeah I wish they had 90 life on them and some resistances, but alas, they do not. If you have some ridiculous life pool then maybe but honestly not having 90 life on gloves with 16% APS and life leech is a HUGEMONGOUSGANTIC loss of survival for what could be considered a pitily increase in offense.

The best thing of my dual striker is that melee phys and APS crank survival, not just damage. They make leech better, increase attacks to leech with and prevent death. Those gloves have good offense but do not increase survival and for us dual strikers with 90 life gloves, the loss of life is around 300 or more depending on level and total life nodes taken. It's just so completely unacceptable.
make PoB link into a pastebin link.
Last edited by nadnerb on Aug 23, 2017, 12:39:04 PM
So i've been playing lot's of builds this league - Crit Freezing Pulse (Both Witch and Marauder, Slayer Flicker Strike with Terminus Est, a bit of SRS) and all i have to say is this build feels INCREDIBLY slow for clearning maps (not talking about bosses). The so called unique jewel is not enough. Imagine leaping into a group of 5 mobs, dual striking (with 10 APS) killing 3 of them (because of low aoe range) and wondering if you should chase the 2 remaining mobs so you don't have to search for them later for <50 mobs or skip them and go for other 6-7 mob pack. Don't get me wrong, this build sounded incredible before i actually tried it myself, spending all the currency i accumulated so far. Sorry but Flicker Strike Terminus Est does it at least 3-4 times faster. Unless you enjoying walking/jumping around for 5 scattered (even slightly scattered in my experience) mobs then i'd suggest trying something else. This is pure old school, very slow paced autoattacker with pseudo melee splash with extremly low radius.

Never understood the slow paced meta build and never will, this just made me fall asleep after doing literally 3 T8-T9 maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info