Talisman Challenge League Stats (and 2.1.1b Patch)

0 done hype!

On another note if you hit reply and have to login it will take you to https://www.pathofexile.comforum/post-reply/forumnumber

This should be https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/forumnumber
Notice the /
Got 8 completed, might make it to maybe 10 or 12 in the end. The rest is pretty much impossible for most people, normal players like me.
i'm working on my first challenge. so far no success.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
One already got 28 challenges done....oh my.

That's surprising, I would have thought that there were many more players worldwide that needed to get a life. It's good to see that PoE isn't the end all/be all game and most are not buying into the "must grind forever" mindset that GGG thinks their arpg should be. Since PoE is old school arpg, I can old school say to GGG "put that in your pipe and smoke it!". PoE is great arpg for long term play, but holy RNGesus GGG, the monotonous hours of map grind is no good for our merry-go-round emotions. We ride this game's merry-go-round day after day after day (because we like it...yes?) but XP grind and starvation for endgame gear is wearing us out. Something new must be added (and I'm not talking about just the next act or challenge league) to jump start our long since faded wide eyed exuberance we had back in CB/OB days to want to play more (ie. real crafting, item progression all the way to level 100, better reasons to want to pursue level 100, etc.). The merry-go-round of map grinding is ok for only so long plus after several dozen different builds that part of PoE is fading to so we should/need to be able to grab the brass ring a little more often (1% or so of elites that have super wealth do not count) and not always require a 49½ pole to reach it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

That's surprising, I would have thought that there were many more players worldwide that needed to get a life. It's good to see that PoE isn't the end all/be all game and most are not buying into the "must grind forever" mindset that GGG thinks their arpg should be. Since PoE is old school arpg, I can old school say to GGG "put that in your pipe and smoke it!". PoE is great arpg for long term play, but holy RNGesus GGG, the monotonous hours of map grind is no good for our merry-go-round emotions. We ride this game's merry-go-round day after day after day (because we like it...yes?) but XP grind and starvation for endgame gear is wearing us out. Something new must be added (and I'm not talking about just the next act or challenge league) to jump start our long since faded wide eyed exuberance we had back in CB/OB days to want to play more (ie. real crafting, item progression all the way to level 100, better reasons to want to pursue level 100, etc.). The merry-go-round of map grinding is ok for only so long plus after several dozen different builds that part of PoE is fading to so we should/need to be able to grab the brass ring a little more often (1% or so of elites that have super wealth do not count) and not always require a 49½ pole to reach it.

Are you advocating that PoE try harder to cater to casuals?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Effing Awesome League!

(don't care much for challenges though lol)
SSF since ~OB
Loving the league, but man challenges should become more interesting. I'm not an achievement whore at all, never really cared about challenges, but mostly because they are not really challenges. Like identifying uniques, that makes no sense. All we should do is kill monsters, not growing grey hair and getting frustrated in trade chat. Trying to get unid crap from people is sure a challenge, but 100% opposite of exciting. Same with using orbs and all that stuff. It's a world wide problem though, WoW ruined it for all games, making people hunt for stuff that isn't fun at all, still so many people care about it.
Heck I rather do a kill 10.000 zombies than trying to get some unid items, at least you're spending time killing stuff. I like grinding, I don't like collecting. Heck even get rid of the challenges, add in statistics, that would mean way more fun to me. Instead of a number between 0 and 32, make it a skeleton kill counter, at least we could laugh then instead of getting migraines from trying to get hold of unidentified items we vendor afterwards.
Last edited by leto2626 on Dec 24, 2015, 10:46:39 PM
"
p0t wrote:
Are you advocating that PoE try harder to cater to casuals?

Not really, I just see PoE as unbalanced. It's too easy at the beginning up until Merciless Act 4 and then wham, the bosses are over the top too hard. Of course I know that it"s "working as intended" by GGG as they stated that in a news post that they want Merc Act 4 to be uber hard. All that does is make us progress up to getting the 1 passive point and then skip the rest and go straight to maps. Then mapping is the grind for xp and all too infrequent drops of any better gear. Other arpgs from TQIT to TL2 to D3 have end game item progression but GGG stops providing better gear somewhere around level 68 (map tier 1) and then it's a mountain of trash farming for a once in a 1000 hour good drop. I certainly wouldn't mind the mountain of garbage if we had a real way to craft gear but since that has never happened in this arpg (RNG gambling or just buying is what we've got) then the focus on getting better gear to drop is more important and PoE fails to deliver. I'm never asking for anything close to a TL2 rain of quality loot (all I stash in that arpg are set items) but I do hate the constant starvation we have here and think GGG should throw us a bone more often. For example, forget 6L drops, I'd be happy if I ever got a 5L to drop more often than once in a blue moon. That and the fact that when I'm playing a high end build the stat ranges on prefixes/suffixes should never go down to single digits. Stats for any gear should always use the item level as a minimum and thus high level gear should never have absurdly low stats. That is just an insult to us. The item level should shift the entire range of the stat up by at least ½ for a stat range and ¼ of the item level for a single value stat, and 1/8 for all regen stats. For example:

this sword should never have a stat with a minimum go below 33 so the stat that says "adds 2-5 physical damage" should be shifted by ½ of the item level and be "adds 35-38 physical damage" and the lightning damage should be "adds 39-202 lightning damage". That would be level appropriate damage stats and not just be insulting. The stat is rolled and then the level factor is added to the min/max values.

For this chest the single value stats should never go below 20 (1/3 of 62) and any mana or life regen should never be lower than 8 (1/8 of 62 rounded up).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Dec 25, 2015, 6:58:20 AM
kill the wolf today
14 done
league was fun hit 28 challenges 2 days ago. break time till ascension
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback

Report Forum Post

Report Account: