Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

"
I think his lameness is entirely deliberate.

Sure, and if this was a sequel to Spaceballs, or if he wasn't the only antagonist with any characterisation I'd be fine with that.

Compare Prince Zuko from Avatar. He's powerful and talented, but completely ineffectual against the main characters, and nobody from the fire nation respects him. He knows this and it gets to him, but he's consistently one of the most compelling characters in a series with really strong characters.

He's also capable of doing something that Kylo isn't, which is losing over and over again without becoming less interesting.

Kylo is in a similar position but he's got no dignity, nobility or even goals other than "be evil". His only role in the story is to be an antagonist, and he can't even manage that properly.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Completely wild guess:

So Kylo Grows in the force with his masters' guidance, and his drive is to conquer the girl who defeated him, and he will keep trying to but will fail(big surprise).

If they go really wild, maybe he falls in love with her and turns on his master in the end.

-

I hope they are gonna be more imaginative than that.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 10, 2016, 10:11:28 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Looks fine to me. maybe you preferred this?

Spoiler

Emo Kylo already puts that golf commercial to shame

This raises an important question: If Kylo Ren got in a fight with Jar Jar who would win?

You may think Kylo because he's armed with a lightsaber and Jar Jar isn't trained in any weapons at all. The thing is, from what we saw in the movie neither is Kylo, and he would probably underestimate Jar Jar. This may prove to be his undoing.

In The Phantom Menace Jar Jar took out an entire battalion of droids by accident. He's a wild card and has more combat experience than Finn does, so I can see him winning without even realizing it.

I don't subscribe to the theory Jar Jar is a sith lord, but I know who my money would be on.

Spoiler
I apologize for this post, I just think Kylo's a really lame villain.

I haven't entertained a "who would win in a fight with these two fictional chrs" since I was in my teens but sure, ill humor ya. I'd bet on Ren just force chocking the stupid gungan.

Kylo isn't a Sith Lord, at least not yet. Not quite sure why you guys don't "get" that.

Have you guys heard the theory floating around that Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Kylo Ren?

I think he's a much better villain than Sidious or (lol) Dooku was. Their chr development or arcs were non-existent. Not to mention being ridiculous looking. An octogenarian and a dude in facepaint don't really instill much fear. I though Ren's Retro-Future helmet was cool.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 11, 2016, 12:51:40 AM
"
You would! That helmet has 'wannabe' in its every curve and angle.

Ben Solo is one Daft little Punk.

Also, did you just insult Sir Christopher Lee? DID YOU SERIOUSLY?

*and* the Emperor? Wow, you're on a roll...

I do! And I did. I thought he stunk.

E: I don't buy into the Kylo is Snoke theory though. I think he's actually Darth Plageuis; the dude who trained Palpatine

You're right, ill be nice too. You know I usually don't like what you do, and vice versa.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 11, 2016, 1:07:32 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
I think his lameness is entirely deliberate.

But I've already said all this in the thread so far.

emo kylo ren is actually going to change how people perceive the character but NOT, I think, in a dangerously subversive way. It's an accurate if hyperbolic interpretation of the character.

Let's face it: half the younglings in III could take out Kylo Ren. Sure, kid's got serious power, but he has none of the discipline found on both sides of the 'trained' Force. Ahsoka would wipe the floor with him. EZRA would.

What you're seeing in TFA is not two trained Force users fighting -- you're seeing two raw potentials being chosen by the has-beens. Their success or failure will be entirely dependent on their masters' ability to fully deploy that potential.

Dont think so. The problem with his character is that in first half of the movie, they show him as extremely powerful jedi, a jedi who can do a lot of things that other jedi masters could never do. He can read minds, he can stop a laser in mid air without any problem, he can paralyse a person, make him go to sleep, but than in end he is kicked by a girl that never trained in anything that has to do with force, even had problems fighting fin.

First half movie kylo ren could probably kicked ass of all the jedi you said here and a lot more from the original movies, as that is how he was portrayed, end part movie kylo ren could be kicked by anyone, probably even evoks.

First half of the movie Kylo Ren was only bluffing, about his power and coldness. You have some few hints that he isn't that strong in the scene he lack of self control. And when he remove his mask for the first time you can read the fear in his face, he has no experience probably never fought by himself he's full of doubts etc. Character is really interesting and I can't wait to see him evoluing. Also That actor and what Kylo Ren was in that movie, THAT what I've wanted to see in Star-Wars 1-2-3 with Anakin :(

He lacks self control, but it doesnt mean he is not powerful, as its apparent he is as shown in most of the movie. The movie actually does a very poor job with his character, and others (fin and ray also have not that good character arcs and are mostly rushed). But he is one of the weakest characters for me, and generally all the bad guys are pretty much meh in this movie.
Loved it, seen it... 5 times or so? It is very nice to have star wars back on the big screen. The prequels made me think star wars was dead (on the big screen at least). I think I made it like half way through the second one before turning it off. This one felt like the star wars universe and had great characters, especialy rey and kylo. It redid a lot of old ideas/story but was well done enough that this didn't detract from it. Only one bad scene with the cgi monsters. Awesome score, great scenery, good humor and action. Two thumbs up, can't wait to see the next one!
"
diablofdb wrote:

I liked this comic more than the scene in the movie
That moment in the movie, the sound Chewbacca made I felt he was hurt so much more than that blaster shot in the movie, Chewbacca made that moment so sad. and after I saw that comic omg x.x

BTW the movie was really great loved it.
i think theyre just giving ren room to grow and develop. Hes a jumped up little brat atm who just go beaten up by a girl. Youre seeing the formation of a really twisted and terrifying character, not the actual full thing yet. I feel like the entire movie was just setting the new stage. Maybe Im wrong but I thought that was probably why the events were a sort of remix of the original 3 films, they didnt want to waste arcs of where they wanted to go with the story and characters and also risk the film not feeling like starwars. Rather just make it starwars to the bone and just get everyone on board, set up the background of the new characters and have that solid base to then build many films on top of.

I dunno if they have set in stone that this is a trilogy and the final trilogy as originally set out, havent been keeping up with the talk around town. But I dont see any reason why they would now limit this to 3 films, it feels to me more like an entire reboot in terms of potential, while still keeping the first 6 movies part of it, and they needed this movie to be what it is to make that connection I guess?

when I saw Phantom menace it just sort of started... like walking in on a conversation mid sentence and that lack of engagement kind of lingered for the entire trilogy. I didnt know or care about any of the people first presented. I think theyve tried to be very clear about who everyone is, where they are coming from, how this all fits in with the 30 years of starwars we already know inside out. I think if you let peoples faith and engagement drop in the first 5 minutes of a film like this you just do irreparable damage to the entire venture from that point on. By the time the falcon just happened to be on that planet and the girl got on it I was already invested and engaged to the point where despite that being beyond any kind of absurd I could accept it didnt actually matter that much, it didnt shake me out of the film.

I think the joy of a film like starwars happens when you understand the bread and butter of whats going on in the scene to the point where half your mind can just wander around the screen and look at the extras, the costumes, the little details and enjoy them enjoy that depth. As we got into empire and jedi we knew the characters and the arc so well that you were always in the pocket so to speak. I dont think the prequels had that at all, I always felt like I was looking in on something that I had no investment in and was struggling to remember the relevance of. I dont even know what the second and third films were about, there was the orange place with the big arena and the fighting and stuff in the 2nd one and the 3rd one started with the big orbital battle and ended with a saber fight with the lava? Thats literally it, Ive seen both of those movies at least 3 times each and I dont remember anything else about them off the top of my head.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info