Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

It was pretty good, im not a SW guy but it was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Much better than any of the junky prequels ill say that much.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Welp, finally mustered up the courage to go see it.
I kinda wish I hadn't.
It was a movie, in the star wars universe.
I never thought I'd say this, but (buckle up) episodes 1-3 felt more like a star wars movie than the force awakens. Really hate to say it, but that's the best how I can describe my feelings right now.

It's been one hour, and I still feel like I just witnessed two big trains collide, hearing that they we're both empty, so that's good? The event, the ride, the anticipation and the explosions were huge, but so what? Maybe it was a dream. Seemed like a movie that JJ wanted to make, if he could direct episode 7, and he did, but it still really wasn't... it.
I'm just spacing out with my mouth open...

Maybe my expectations were too high.
Maybe I was let down because everything that I thought to happen did.
They did the unexpectable, by being predictable,
and knocking the air out of me gently, slowly, in a long sigh, by doing so.

Even during the film, as the events unfolded infront of me,
I felt like I was subconsciously aware of the ending, and started focusing on illogicalities and
other details that made no sense to me.

PC pleasure

[Removed by Support]

Bro

Cowboy pilot Poe had no trust issues with Finn, the stormtrooper, THE FUCKING, STORMTROOPER... whatsoever. They just met! Finn could have been a fucking spy wanting Poe to lead the Order to the Resistance! Why wasn't Poe suspicious AT ALL?! Freaks me out to no end!!
"Hey bro! I saved your life bro! [Removed by Support] we were mortal enemies, and we met just right now, but you can like totally trust me with the lives of the entire Resistance, BRO! Fistbump bro! " Heeeeeeeeell no.

Moral conflictions

Finn turns good the moment he sees his trooper buddy die in the village assault.
It's fair to assume they were like family, with other troopers too, since (as he explains later) most of them were taken as children away from their real families, and forcefully trained as troopers.
Or janitors. On a giant death star planet. [Removed by Support] Any real life resemblances anyone?
Also, Finn seems like not the sharpest guy; can't fly, barely manages to operate the falcon cannons.
Yeah, good job writers. [Removed by Support]

So, Finn then escapes the base and has no problems whatsoever gunning down a ton of his trooper friends! Why? How?! Did he ever even stop for a second and think that maybe there are others like him, who share the same stance as he does? Nope. Everyone else is a bad guy.
Don't ask, don't regret.

Winning the lottery

Finn crashes close enough to Reys town to walk there without dehydrating. On a gigantic desert planet. What, are, the, odds. Their tie fighter entered the planet from the right side,
even though suffering severe damage, still able to take the right course.
Even one tiny slip and Finn would have landed 100 miles off.

There are a dozen more of these.
Suspension of belief, all fine, but they were really pushing it too far.
This made it smell like a Disney cartoon.

Dat plot device

Another problem I had was the tech level of the SW universe.
30 years later, they have clear video screens, broadcasting technology, computers, and even 3D hologram projection software, but you're telling me, they have no security cams or identification software on their death star base? Han and Chewie just run around the base and troopers have to go comb the corridors manually? Not even a security room with someone watching the screens and spotting them? I don't have anything against the retro 80's tech universe, I love it, but for fucks sake, have some consistency!

This gets even worse when we see them having technology to drain a sun. TO DRAIN. A FUCKING SUN.
Like sucking the ENERGY out of a FUCKING SUN... yet lacking basic modern day computer tech.
At least TRY to explain something? Anything, anyhow?
This movie was laughing in my face:
"You're a fucking idiot, enjoy the show and thanks for the money!"

I rate this movie a solid "I almost walked out five out of seven times."

High or drunk with friends? Watchable.
Sober, alone in a theater?

PS. Finn, a untrained noob, managing to injure a sith lord (?) Ren, who was a master jedi (?)...
*slow golf clap*

[This post has been edited by Support to remove racist undertones.]
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Rachel on Dec 23, 2015, 12:05:37 AM
Sounds like you went in bitter. The prequels were really terrible, this one was pretty good. Those all sound like really nit-picky things you're complaining about
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I will watch this thing of beauty again and again. Maybe together with a black friend or my wife? And while i do this i will laugh about all the people that screamed "But he is a clone! he shall not be BLACK!!!!!1111" and proved that they don't know fuck. Yeah. I am going to be progressive.

I am outta here. Shame on some, have fun to the others. What a mess xD

"
PS. Finn, a untrained noob, managing to injure a sith lord (?) Ren, who was a master jedi (?)
I marked the pure gold in this statement. And ignore the not-very-subtile slurs going on in the rest of this posting. Good bye.

Spoiler
BLACK!

Spoiler
Anyone can be a jedi. Really? What a surprise after all this yoda-mace-mara-stuff ha?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
As someone working on movies and VFX, it was a delight to see so many handcrafted props and practical FX in this. Can't beat the real deal. :)

<edit> Too much fan service though, I hope the next one can stand on it's own without constantly winking towards the audience. "Eh, you got that? Eh?"
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind on Dec 23, 2015, 4:17:39 AM
"
And just to iterate: no true fan of Star Wars should have missed The Clone Wars or be missing Rebels just because they're animated or on kids' channels. Best Star Wars material out there. Even with TFA in play.

Rebel is very shit at the moment and very much for kids. Clone wars was 80% shit, while other 20% is probably the best star wars out there on the level of originals. But they canceled it as they didn't want a more mature star wars and went back to rebels with kids crap, that is on the level of starting clone wars season or even worse. I hope rebels will pick up and become more mature as time passes as clone wars did, but i am skeptical about it
"
Really enjoyed s1 Rebels and yet to start s2. So if gets bad, so be it. If you're talking about s1, then obviously I disagree.

80% shit for TCW is excessive. I'd swap those ratios around. Especially now that 1-7, TCW and Rebels are the only remaining canon...

No, it doesnt get bad (it already is), but if you liked first season, you will like second one even more. The only reason i watch rebels is because its star wars and have hope it will get good in near future. Clone wars needed few season to get to few episodes that where good, so waiting for that to happen with rebels also.

Well, it's Star Wars after all.

I have always been a fan of the movies. Absolutely loved the first ones, watched them many times.

This new one was mostly good, but I admit being a little disappointed in some of the characters.

I would have preferred a male as the star instead of Rey. I have nothing at all against females, but still would have liked to see a male in the leading role, like Luke was in the earlier movies.

It was a shock to see Han die, I never expected that.

Ren is a BIG disappointment for me, he doesn't have the aura of a Sith bad guy, more like a kid playing baddie.

Really good and "real life" with both Han, Leia and the short glimpse of Luke as far as ageing goes, it was more real to see them much older.

Nothing really new in this one as far as the plot goes though. Same story style as the previous ones. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as I love Star Wars.

For me, a little early to make any really concrete decisions about this new series, it has the basis for being good, but episode two will either make it or break it, I feel.

We shall see........

This movie didn't really impress me, because I felt like after the intro it spent too much time re-treading old ground and setting up the sequel.

I didn't hate it or anything, but I'd sooner watch the Phantom Menace again. That movie's at least an ambitious failure and has Duel of the Fates at the end. I was actually really hoping for some cool lightsaber fight scenes, but this movie didn't deliver despite having the guys from the Raid in it.

I am starting to like it more and more though, because it seems to be offending racists and misogynists. That's some schadenfreude I can get behind.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I haven't seen the new movie yet.I haven't read any of this thread because of that,but I'm going to reply because ..... Star Wars.

;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info