Star Wars- Spoiler Alert!

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
This is for you guys saying Kylo isn't scary looking

Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 20, 2016, 5:48:49 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Poorest lightsaber battles ever. 2 seperate untrained people each hold their own agianst the next darth vader. And one of them actually wins... Pathetic.

Although i like the idea of making storm troopers more than just braindead soulless pawns, there wasnt enough shown onscreen to make me beleive Fin would just suddenly reject everything he had ever known. Perhaps if he had behaved more like a pacifist i could of believed it, but no, he had no problems killing the only people he had ever known.
Then throughout the rest of the movie not a single other stormtrooper had any personality or humanity. Bah!

Another death star?! Really? Fucking REALLY! Is there no originallity left in hollywood?

In a highly advanced galatic society with technology capable of; simultaneously destroying multiple planets, creating advanced thinking androids, crossing thousands of lightyears in hours, and building structures the size of planets... they dont have scanners to follow ships in the area? And on the rebels side; they only have weapons of power compareable to those used in world war 2? If you can accelerate thousands of tons of mass to 'lightspeed' The energies involved are more than enough to vaporize that deathstar. And why even bother sending humans? AI is clearly strong enough to do everything a human can in this universe.

This isnt sci-fi. It doesnt explore the influence of new technology or show how advanced society could be different. Its just a fantasy of current day society... with robots in place of dwarves and blasters in place of bows. The original movies were just as bad, but they had an advantage modern films didnt: little competition. There were what 2 major sci-fi released the same year as star wars? The advantage being somewhat fresh with nothing else too similar on the market. The new movies are utterly and hopelessly derivitave reusing the same old shit.

In the end, its just an actionfilled childrens story with the heroes winning agianst the villains. Formulaic. No insights. Nothing worth thinking about.

==== edit ======
'droids' changed to androids to avoid copyright infringment

I agree with most everything CBG19 says here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5YJavJXkQA
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"

Enjoying more and more post-mortem flips regarding how people feel about this unambitious, by-the-numbers movie.

I'm tellin ya... I really think the second movie is going to be Star Wars Episode VIII: Now That THAT'S Out of the Way...

7 is fan appeasement. 8 will get down to the business of doing its own thing.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"

Enjoying more and more post-mortem flips regarding how people feel about this unambitious, by-the-numbers movie.

I'm tellin ya... I really think the second movie is going to be Star Wars Episode VIII: Now That THAT'S Out of the Way...

7 is fan appeasement. 8 will get down to the business of doing its own thing.

So long as they make VII, IX and X, or more of them, that's fine. I think the Dark Side needs some sort of power struggle in their ranks... maybe the rise of an Undead Darth Jar Jar?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'm hoping the big old scar on Snoke's head means he's someone we believed to be dead, under a new identity.

I think The Force Awakens had a very difficult job to do, because it didn't only have to be a reset button for the prequel trilogy, it also had to wrap up an entire freaking library of post-VI, pre-VII novels and comics published before the prequels were announced. Luke had a whole academy of up-and-coming Jedi; what happened to them? Just wrapping up the previously created, convoluted Star Wars universe could have been a movie's work itself.

And if you're saying "who cares about cheap books from the late 80s" then you need to understand there are whales in every industry, not just these microtransaction games. Pareto principle: through all the related merchandizing, the top 0.2% probably account for 40% of overall Star Wars revenue (don't forget about Disney World). Disney didn't buy out Star Wars to make some movies, but to make an empire. A lot of that means keeping the diehards happy.

I think we'll have to wait for the second movie to see what's really going to happen.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2016, 11:17:53 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm hoping the big old scar on Snoke's head means he's someone we believed to be dead, under a new identity.

I didn't even notice that.. must go... check it out..
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I still haven't seen it,so I'm still not reading this thread ... but anyaway .... Star Wars.

Was all prepped to see it with the family ... But the seven year old spotted a ""Shaun the Sheep"" movie poster in the foyer and ..... well yeah Baaaah
Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (How it should have ended):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbpgM-JTang

Be sure to watch ALL the way to the end! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info