[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Feel free to do so, my tree is made for my own benefits and likings :D
At the moment, Heart of the Flame is only for leveling and will be respecced later on.

I hadn't any prolems with this tree :D

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Day 2 of leveling. (act 2 cruel)

Equipment

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQhBYEQ8RLRFQGyUi9CqNLJwy0TW5Ntg6WDsNPV9BlkVHRZ1JG0uuTLNSU1NSVcZo8mwLbRl8S3yDfll_xodlkyeWdJeVl_Sa4KIApyusmK6ztobAZtAf0PXZW9-K6QLr7uxV7-vwH_Fs?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

Act 3 Normal was a easy, even Dominus wasn't a difficult. At this point I had capped resists.
Act 4 is another thing, due to high phys damage... my decision to wait for getting some life nodes hits me hard, but no death yet :D. Legasi is totally right with putting more life in the early tree. At Kaom's route I've put in Mind over Matter to migitate the damage. Worked really well. (Thx Legasi for this tip ^^)
All 3 major bossfights at the end of act 4 are tricky at least for me. you have to move a lot. But its doable.

After entering cruel, well things went totally easy. But MoM was now slowing me down, so I respecced it.

Why do i stay at my tree how it is? Well, now I have 1.1k of life and 500 ES, so no need anymore for changing something. The next steps would be Elementalist node and Amplify (Templar) after that I'll take Heart and Soul and Shaper at Scion including the duration nodes.

You'll ask yourself, why so much dex right now? Arctic Armour. Its a defense line I won't miss.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Hi

Nice build! Only one question. Isnt it better to get melding (between scion,shadow,witch) with energy form within jewel isntead of quick recovery? That'd give 40% incr. max ES.
Opinions?
Last edited by Chiadx on Jan 16, 2016, 2:16:10 PM
"
Chiadx wrote:
Hi

Nice build! Only one question. Isnt it better to get melding (between scion,shadow,witch) with energy form within jewel isntead of quick recovery? That'd give 40% incr. max ES.
Opinions?

If you really just want more es you can do that. The value from Quick Recovery comes from the combined es, mana regen and es regen.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
"
Legasi wrote:
"
Chiadx wrote:
Hi

Opinions?

If you really just want more es you can do that. The value from Quick Recovery comes from the combined es, mana regen and es regen.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just realized, that if i have zealots oath why would i put the energy within to trigger quick recovery. Does it count as double then? Sorry for noobish questions :P
"
Chiadx wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I just realized, that if i have zealots oath why would i put the energy within to trigger quick recovery. Does it count as double then? Sorry for noobish questions :P

Zealot's Oath and Energy from Within do two different things: ZO makes your life regeneration apply to energy shield instead.
Energy from Within converts x% increased life nodes to % increased energy shield ones.

Now we take a loot at Quick Recovery:

6% increased maximum life -> 6% inc es from EfW
20% mana regen. Stays as it is.
0.8% life regen -> 0.8% regen applied to energy shield from ZO
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Day 3 (Act 2 Merci)

Equipment

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQgceEFgRDxEtEVARlhpsGyUc3CL0KPoqjSycMtE1uTbYOlg7DTwFPV9BlkVHRZ1JG0uuTLNSU1NSVcZfKmjybAttGXRVfEt8g35Zf8aCm4LHh2WTJ5UulnSXlZf0mjua4J_fogCnK6yYrrO2hriTwGbQH9D11abZW9-K37DkIukC6-7sVe0g7TzvfO_r8B_w1fFs98H56A==?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

First things first: Thank you Legasi for the Consuming Dark <3

The char is now lvl 60 and only a few points away from Ghost Reaver. Right now I think with level 65 I'll switch to CI (with Infernal Mantle).

The leveling itself was easy going. But I have to admit, that my tree's are not optimal for leveling (besides they fit my preference). When my Char hits the maps, I'll make a conclusion.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Zealot's Oath and Energy from Within do two different things: ZO makes your life regeneration apply to energy shield instead.
Energy from Within converts x% increased life nodes to % increased energy shield ones.

Now we take a loot at Quick Recovery:

6% increased maximum life -> 6% inc es from EfW
20% mana regen. Stays as it is.
0.8% life regen -> 0.8% regen applied to energy shield from ZO

Yea, i looked it again. i went full retard. Was actually checking it with the jewel inside.
Last edited by Chiadx on Jan 17, 2016, 4:57:47 AM
Loving this build! Made a few changes to the tree, because of things I felt were unnecessary.

Tree
Spoiler
Current: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4FQg18DdEOXA-rEHsRDxEtES8V1xa_GyUc3B2-IG4i9CSLKPoqCyo4KwosnCy_MtEzhzwFPV9BlkVHRX5HBklRS65Ms1AwUEJSU1KvUzVWY1fJXEBca13yX2pjQ2SdZ_xq-mwLbRltbHBSdZ52gnyDgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTjDaP-pMnl5WX9Jo7n9-nm6yYrrO1SLiTu02-OsBmwzrDbcgMzxXQ0ND11abZW9sa217dX9-K37DjhOd06QLrY-vu6_XsGO0873zw1fId8uH31w==?accountName=PhysoniumI&characterName=CastBuild
Final: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBA-4FQg18DkgRLREvEVAV1xslHNwdTx2-KPoqCysKLJwsvzLRM4c1uTwFPV9BlkVHS65Ms1JTUq9WY1fJXEBca13yX2pn_G0ZcFJ1nnyDgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTjDaP-peVl_SaO5_fpyunm6yYrrO1SLcwuJO7TcBmw23PFdDQ0PXVptlb3V_fit-w6QLrY-vu6_XsGO0873z31xa_bWzndNsaEHu-Og-rJIvDOio4yAx2giBuUDDbXhEPIvRsC5MnFAkTbe-I-TfXz0mxvoqhL0V-Dlxq-uOEDdFjQ_LhRwZTNVBCJohknfIdV5QpT2u3hX2ePIx2

Gear
"

Was super lucky with those Skyforths last night, super excited for where this will go!

Some rationale behind changes:

Vaal Pact
Firestorm hits so fast and hits a significant quantity of enemies causing much leech to be wasted, as described on the wiki page for Leech, I can likely make a spreadsheet if anyone is interested.

Dropping Regen
Well duh, Vaal Pact :P

Power Charges
Got Skyforth, so easy power charge sustain, adding 18 - 21% additional crit chance, along with 24 - 28% spell damage.

CWDT
I feel that Firestorm CoH Warlords Mark will get me better coverage, and I had some links to spare, as I dropped AA, and creatively placed a few setups.
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Jan 17, 2016, 8:22:56 PM
Previous Postings about the leveling process

Day 1
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Hey There,

I've decided to start my take on this char yesterday evening. For others (mostly new players) who will try this Build, they'll need a more detailed Leveling section.

I will keep posting my progress with Leveling tree and my Equipment to give a glimpse how it works.

Tree Lvl 24
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIRDxFQGyUqjTW5Ntg7DT1fQZZJG0uuTLNSU20Zl5WX9KcrrJius9Af2VvfiukC7FXv6_Fs?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

I Liked the Jewel Slot more, so I got it. The rest is some damage for Firestorm and ES.
The next few Levels will give me Lifenodes and maybe Dex. The char is now at the start of Act 3. Normal.

Equipment

The equipment is nothing fancy here. Just what i've got in my stash. But for Leveling I can say, you'll need some dex on your gear or priorize the 30dex nodes on the tree in an early stage. I'll get one of those in the next levels.

How to survive lvl 1 to lvl 12? Just grab Freezing Pulse and do your thing. Switch to Firestorm at level 12. You'll get used to it really fast.

After you got Firestorm, the run through is a cakewalk. But you have to pop a flask here and there (mana / life). I'am lazy, so I've running a Clarity with AA.

General Playstyle

You cast Firestorm, everything dies. For Bosses (Vaal Oversoul in my case) switch to Conc Effect (for Faster Casting). Its ridiculous how fast they die. From time to time you need to pop a lifeflask and in bossfight maybe a manaflask.

I will post the next steps tomorrow.

@Legasi feel free to use my posts if you wish so :]

Day 2
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Day 2 of leveling. (act 2 cruel)

Equipment

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQhBYEQ8RLRFQGyUi9CqNLJwy0TW5Ntg6WDsNPV9BlkVHRZ1JG0uuTLNSU1NSVcZo8mwLbRl8S3yDfll_xodlkyeWdJeVl_Sa4KIApyusmK6ztobAZtAf0PXZW9-K6QLr7uxV7-vwH_Fs?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

Act 3 Normal was a easy, even Dominus wasn't a difficult. At this point I had capped resists.
Act 4 is another thing, due to high phys damage... my decision to wait for getting some life nodes hits me hard, but no death yet :D. Legasi is totally right with putting more life in the early tree. At Kaom's route I've put in Mind over Matter to migitate the damage. Worked really well. (Thx Legasi for this tip ^^)
All 3 major bossfights at the end of act 4 are tricky at least for me. you have to move a lot. But its doable.

After entering cruel, well things went totally easy. But MoM was now slowing me down, so I respecced it.

Why do i stay at my tree how it is? Well, now I have 1.1k of life and 500 ES, so no need anymore for changing something. The next steps would be Elementalist node and Amplify (Templar) after that I'll take Heart and Soul and Shaper at Scion including the duration nodes.

You'll ask yourself, why so much dex right now? Arctic Armour. Its a defense line I won't miss.

Day 3
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Day 3 (Act 2 Merci)

Equipment

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQgceEFgRDxEtEVARlhpsGyUc3CL0KPoqjSycMtE1uTbYOlg7DTwFPV9BlkVHRZ1JG0uuTLNSU1NSVcZfKmjybAttGXRVfEt8g35Zf8aCm4LHh2WTJ5UulnSXlZf0mjua4J_fogCnK6yYrrO2hriTwGbQH9D11abZW9-K37DkIukC6-7sVe0g7TzvfO_r8B_w1fFs98H56A==?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

First things first: Thank you Legasi for the Consuming Dark <3

The char is now lvl 60 and only a few points away from Ghost Reaver. Right now I think with level 65 I'll switch to CI (with Infernal Mantle).

The leveling itself was easy going. But I have to admit, that my tree's are not optimal for leveling (besides they fit my preference). When my Char hits the maps, I'll make a conclusion.

Above in the spoiler are the posts about my leveling process. As you can see, I may have done so failures with the tree, that might be not optimal. For me it worked really well and without any problems at all.

But I guess for new Players it should be better to give them a guideline to follow if needed or wished.

At level 65 I switched to CI after using Infernal Mantle. Sadly my Mantle refuses to get 6S.

My Gear now at level 70

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EBwVCBx4NfA5IES0RLxFQEZYV1xpsGyUc3B2-IvQmiCepKPorCiycLL8y0TOHNbk8BT1fQZZFR0WdSVFLrkyzUlNTUlZjV8lcQF3yXypfamjybAttGXRVdZ58S3yDfll_xoKbgseGrofLjxqP-pMnlS6WdJeVl_SaO5rgn9-nK6ebrJius7aGtzC4k8BmzxXQH9DQ0PXVptlb34rfsOQi6FrpAuvk6-7sGO0g7TzvfO_r8NX3wfno?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

At the moment its mediocre gear beside the dagger. I run maps now with about 7k ES and ~300 ES regen/sec. Its ridiculous how this build can facetank. But right now, only at low tier maps. The damage output is nothing insane yet and I still have no Wither totem. But its enough for Tier 1-3 Maps (didn't tested a Tier 4 yet)

The next Major update to the Build will be Rumi's Conclusion as Flask and getting the right mods on my Jade Flask. And so my Mantle will, getting 5 or 6L Firestorm and 4L the rest of the gear.

I haven't played a Build that so much fun to play with.

@Legasi

Thank you for your help at all and your kindness. :3
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info