The Exiled Sale Recipe Book (spoilers)

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
Marymouche wrote:
A single weapon with 20% quality = 1 whetstone

I could not reproduce this with either rare, magic, or normal 20% quality weapons. Someone made a similar claim of a armourer's shard for a 20% quality magic int shield, but I couldn't get this to work either. Maybe there's something more going on for this one? Chris was getting a good laugh at us while we were trying to figure it out.

Funny you say this because I took a 0 quality normal item, gave it 4 whetstones and it became this recipe for 1 whetstone. This is on ruthless at Nessa using a wand.

I've been looking into this quite a bit and it's obvious there are a lot of variables to play with here.

Also I think this idea of 'has to be natural' isn't real. As I stated above, I took a 0 quality and gave it 4 whetstones to 20% and it made the recipe for 1 whetstone. Obviously this is stupid because I lose 3 whetstone but I didn't have a problem with natural.

Anyway I have some ideas about how to build a tool to overcome this. I have a silly html table up on my fansite at:

http://templeofexiles.com/resources/orb-recipes

I'm really not happy with the forumla type recipe display, to messy, I am looking to make this the #1 tool for recipe's. Unfortunately I will be away for a bit over the Christmas break.

Love this selling functionality!
Perhaps if you use a whetstone on a 17%, it becomes a 22% and doesn't work? :P
Or maybe it has to be white?
idk
I just know my old 20% quality weapon I outgrew didn't give me a whetstone back =\
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
radiatoren wrote:

Recipe: Rare with 6 sockets
Reward: Orb of Augmentation
Finder: taekvideo

I think that's supposed to be 6 mods, not 6 sockets. That would give 10 jeweler's orbs.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
Recipe: Amulet + Skill Gem

Could not reproduce. Tried magical, normal amulets, and various skill gems.

Always offered scraps.
"
konfeta wrote:
"

Always offered scraps.

It's actually 1 amulet + 1 red skill gem + 1 blue skill gem + 1 green skill gem = 1 Onyx Amulet.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
konfeta wrote:
"

Always offered scraps.

It's actually 1 amulet + 1 red skill gem + 1 blue skill gem + 1 green skill gem = 1 Onyx Amulet.
Any amulet? Or is it a specific like a Paua Amulet? Simlar to how the resist ring recipe requires an Iron Ring specifically.
It seems to be any amulet. Also, my tests seem to suggest that the same 4 items will always produce the same inherent mod on the onyx amulet, no matter which vendor you sell to or how you alter things like arrangement or placement order.

I think the inherent mod is randomized, but based on some seed value for these 4 items. Change 1 of the gems, or the amulet, and it will change the inherent mod. I've gotten a perfect +20 to all stats from a low level seed ammy, and all seed gems as level 2 required skills, so it would seem that seed item level plays little or no part in determining the final mod value.

Also, the item level of the produced onyx amulet seems to be based on the vendor you created it at. An amulet created by Greust in Merciless had an ilevel of 50. Another had an ilevel of 4 when created by Nessa in normal (even though the minimum level for the amulet is 20).
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Dec 23, 2011, 3:25:31 PM
S> Weapon with 3 different coloured linked sockets -> chromatic orb

Whether the weapon has to be linked or not I do not know as the 2 items I gotten it with were both linked. (one was a 1h sword and another was a wand). Prehaps it only works with 1h weapons as well.
Forum mod/GM this is a topic that deserves to be made a sticky as its very helpful with the newest patch. It helps sooooo much in knowing what you will get and for what from vendors.
MMO beta's formerly involved with:
World of Warcraft (multiple times)
Guild Wars
Aion
Lineage 2
Family Guy
etc.
"
wackedupwacko wrote:
S> Weapon with 3 different coloured linked sockets -> chromatic orb

Whether the weapon has to be linked or not I do not know as the 2 items I gotten it with were both linked. (one was a 1h sword and another was a wand). Prehaps it only works with 1h weapons as well.

It requires a link yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info