Warframe

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Oh shit Warframe, huh. Steam tells me that's been running for just over a thousand hours by now, so time for some unsubtle bragging and scattershot thoughts. Been playing on and off from back when they had 'supporter packs'; still rocking that Excalibur Prime every now and then, Arcane helmet 'n everything <3

Historical note: back in the days, you couldn't use a given mod in multiple weapons/frames simultaneously, you either had a Redirection for each Frame or swapped it manually. Just one of those little things that DE changed and that made Warframe exponentially better. Thinking back on what Warframe was back then, man they've come far. What a great game, if you have a couple hundred hours to spare every now and then.

There've been a few new 'frames since we last played - the collection is no longer complete! Maybe I'll make that my december goal... Plus, I'm actually really curious about open-world Warframe. That sounds wild. Always so much to do, so much to farm. 2016 wasn't a great year for games but we made hella progress in Warframe because of that, haha.

"Defense he is good too, but those things have so much life its not really a big deal."
Weeelll that really depends on what you're facing and what level they are :) Corpus can be defended against with a couple different frames (ex. Zephyr is essentially another form of Snow Globe), but hitscan Grineer tear that pod apart no problem and its regen is abysmal. My advice? Find someone who enjoys Snowglobe/Avalanche if you want to play higher-level Defence :p (or keep a Frost leveled and ready, even if not super optimized)

And yeah, Excavators plain (heh) don't exist in the face of bullets. They get one-shot in Sorties, lol.

EDIT about lategame stuff: ah, DE removed the 4 energy/s passive from the Zenurik Focus with PoE, and the new Energy generation would make Chroma so much more tedious. Hrm. Oh well, it was supremely the One Good Choice so it makes sense.

Open world is kinda neat. Its a start. I think they will really flesh it out later on. The hard bounties can be quite hectic. The Eidolons are cool, too. Like a WoW Raid.

Yea, but thats mostly end-game. Hes still on the early planets farming Jackal. Just about anyone can defend those nodes. I personally like Frost. I'm partial to tanky frames. Rhino/Frost/Inaros, etc.

I think Zenurik is actually better now. You get that regen straight from the first second instead of having to wait on it to build up, and it lasts like 25 seconds and is an AoE circle that applies it to your entire team. On top of that, you also get another passive energy regen that gives 50% more energy over time every time you pick up an energy orb. I think the energy thing is much better, if not a slight bit more cumbersome. Its really not even that cumbersome if you have it maxed out and it lasts 25 seconds. I personally like it more. I didn't at first, cause its hard to beat passive set and forget, but after playing with it for awhile, it feels much better now.
I'm trying to get the wife to try this. Seems right up her alley.
Censored.
Mine doesn't care about stuff like that. Plays with boy characters or girl characters. Honestly don't think she is into the whole role play thing too much. More into the game play.
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The GF seems a little sad it doesn't have cross-play but I guess it's the Boys' Game for now. Three very old uni/high school friends scattered around the globe coming together to kill shit once or twice a week for a few hours is pretty sacred and easily one of the most positive usages of the Internet I can think of these days.

I can relate to this. I'm also an older gamer. The only time I ever see most of my friends is online in a game. They all have kids, families, responsibilities, etc. And playing games together is basically our Pool Night or Poker Night. Its how we stay in touch. As life has went on, the numbers have dwindled. Its down to just a couple of us now that still play games together on a regular basis.
She is trying it now as I type!
Censored.
Hi I'm back from being gone.

"
Destructodave wrote:
I think Zenurik is actually better now. [..]I didn't at first, cause its hard to beat passive set and forget, but after playing with it for awhile, it feels much better now.

Does that also factor in sorties and the likes, where refreshing your buffs on Chroma means being in one-shot territory? 60+ minutes against Infested? :) Those're my worries - it's probably fine or better for anything more run-of-the-mill (the three-minute wait was a real big pain!).
Chroma already spends a relatively long time just casting his two Buffs, and they must expire first, which means finding a spot to cower and hide; probably one of Warframe's biggest issues imo. Having to pop out on top of that not only sounds more cumbersome (the added benefits don't make it less of a hassle), but also very dangerous, considering The Thing* doesn't protect very well iirc...

* = it's a fair bit spoilery stuff, and I'd hazard a guess Focus stuff isn't accessible so very early on? So, just being a bit careful with Words.

-------------
You've been playing on console? Hoofah, I can't imagine playing on a controller! SpeedVolt already barely qualifies for controllable on kb/mouse. Curious to hear your status report, even if only early game ;) Do give the controls a good once-over though, there's probably some neat options available now with a keyboard. I recall two functions being on the same key by default, togglecrouch and sprint or something absurd like that? Ridiculous, you can't slideboost efficiently like that :P

Nice to see other people picking up Warfarm as well! Good times.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hi I'm back from being gone.

"
Destructodave wrote:
I think Zenurik is actually better now. [..]I didn't at first, cause its hard to beat passive set and forget, but after playing with it for awhile, it feels much better now.

Does that also factor in sorties and the likes, where refreshing your buffs on Chroma means being in one-shot territory? 60+ minutes against Infested? :) Those're my worries - it's probably fine or better for anything more run-of-the-mill (the three-minute wait was a real big pain!).
Chroma already spends a relatively long time just casting his two Buffs, and they must expire first, which means finding a spot to cower and hide; probably one of Warframe's biggest issues imo. Having to pop out on top of that not only sounds more cumbersome (the added benefits don't make it less of a hassle), but also very dangerous, considering The Thing* doesn't protect very well iirc...

* = it's a fair bit spoilery stuff, and I'd hazard a guess Focus stuff isn't accessible so very early on? So, just being a bit careful with Words.

-------------
You've been playing on console? Hoofah, I can't imagine playing on a controller! SpeedVolt already barely qualifies for controllable on kb/mouse. Curious to hear your status report, even if only early game ;) Do give the controls a good once-over though, there's probably some neat options available now with a keyboard. I recall two functions being on the same key by default, togglecrouch and sprint or something absurd like that? Ridiculous, you can't slideboost efficiently like that :P

Nice to see other people picking up Warfarm as well! Good times.

Well, operators can't die anyways, and you are immune in phase mode, too. Hell, its not even bad just for CC when the shit hits the fan to go into operator mode and dash around. Knocks enemies down, gives energy. It sounds cumbersome at first because its not set and forget, but Operators aren't as weak as they were before 2.0. You can dash 3-4 times halfway across the map if you so choose; they have energy and such now. You can just dash into corners to hide if you want. I cant really remember if the warframe followed you pre 2.0 or not. Now, you just hit 5 again and the Frame will appear where your operator was. So 5, Dash, 5, and its pretty much like you bullet-jumped in your frame.

I dunno, I'm used to it now so it just feels like bullet jumping. 5, bullet jump, 5. Energy regen, CC, etc. I dont even really pay attention to it. But I have used operator mode to cheese some time in high levels where you are getting dumped on; hes invincible, and You can just dash 3-4 times and knock down the whole room/buy some time. I dunno if buffs stay or not. They might; I'll check next time I play. I been playing D3 but I think I'm already burnt out lol, so probably about to go back. Just yea once you play with it for like 1 day it becomes second nature and you do it just like you are bullet jumping just your hitting 5 before and after. You forget you are even doing it after awhile.
Ha, I was right! Showed wife this game Fri and she has been playing all weekend. Loves it so far!
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not so much luck here. Mine found the tutorial 'shitsauce' but she forged on a bit nonetheless. It'll be better once we're a party.

As for going from ps4 to PC, man, strange transition. The incredible sensitivity of the mouselook is at first dizzying and disorientating but I'll get used to it. Having melee attack on a mere key is gonna go -- I think I'll switch it to LMB, put shoot on RMB and put aim/zoom on E.

And there's something up with my mouse. Quite often, when I hit the RMB, unless I pound the top of it, it'll 'toggle' instead of clicking just once. In PoE, this makes it hard to use scrolls sometimes. No bigs. In WF, it currently toggles zoom. As you can imagine, zooming in and out rapidly is...headache-inducing. :(

At any rate I'm going to say for now I do prefer it on console, but I also preferred Smite on console as well. It's just a little bit...slower for these old bones.

What kind of mouse do you have? Sounds like the button is sticking. It could be as simple as just running a needle around the mouse button, if you are lucky its just got something in there. If not, welp, you know the drill as a long time gamer. I had a mouse clean as a whistle and I ran a needle around the mouse buttons and there was some dust/dirt wedged in there that was causing it to stick. I never dreamed that would be it, just thats what fixed it when I was trying to inspect it.

I already burnt out of D3; figure I'll dabble in Warframe again for a bit. Luckily I didn't miss the free catalyst.
Last edited by Destructodave on Nov 20, 2017, 3:21:01 PM
Gotta take good care of your stuff! Turned your keyboard wrong side up lately? :p

(december plans for more Warfarming may or may not be hampered by Destiny 2 expansion, why are there so many good games this year it's not fair)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info