Warframe

Been looking to get back into the game. Been a few months. I've been hearing that the new expansion is great and now would be the time to get back into it. Anyone here have opinions on this?
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 8:29:37 PM
I played Warframe for a while.

There's no real balance whatsoever between the guns and melee weapons. Similar to PoE skills, there's a handful that are just godlike, a few that can work with serious niche investment, and all the rest are crap.

The classes are all decently balanced, but DE is prone to wild balance adjustments which gives forced meta. Similar to PoE's approach, really.

There's not a whole lot of interesting "builds". There are obviously good mods that are generic and strong which everything uses. Raw damage, elemental conversion damage, some attack speed, and... now you're out of slots. Similar to PoE supports, actually.

They have a crapton of legacy items because fuck you if you want to play with toys that used to exist in the past and were discontinued for no apparent reason. PoE also has this...

You know, the more I write, the more I realize that if you enjoy PoE, you will fucking love Warframe. The gun combat and movement options are fun, and the 24/7 minor global events are fun to do. Every month or two they'll run a major global event and it's a big fun community thing of figuring out how to complete some mission 20 times in a row to get the (soon to be legacied) Whatever Prime Gun.

---

Oh, I take it back. There is one aspect in which it differs heavily from PoE. The cashshop is P2W as fuck, and you can opt to either painstakingly grind out every unlock or you can bust out the credit card and get it done in one night.

You can also trade items for cashshop points (which are purchasable with real money), so it's effectively legitimized RMT, if you're into that stuff.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 18, 2015, 4:54:54 PM
I have played WF in the past and the combat was a blast, but it was really grindy. In terms of the balance, it's a tad annoying but I play with weapons I find fun, not with ones considered good or bad. Same with the Frames, I mostly played Valkyr and Frost even if they weren't considered the opieop. I really understand the whole "build diversity" idea in WF in reference to mods. The diversity comes in the frames and the weapon types you use.

I don't give half a shit about legacies.

RMT bothers me and it doesn't. I understand the negatives but I enjoy the idea of being able to get Plat by trading in things I don't need.

I've been told the reason they normally remove most of the stuff is lore-related (like snipetron) but then I also see tem removing Ember prime and I don't know why. Oh well as I said I don't care about Legacy stuff at all.

I'm mostly wondering if the new content is good enough to sustain through the grind. I can only take so much grind while playing solo, though when playing friends its a lot less noticeable.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Then yeah, it's like most games.

If your friends are playing it, go for it. If not, there are way better single player fish in the pond that aren't excessively grindy, have questionable monetization, etc.
Thanks for the recommendation, if it's just as grindy as ever and the new content is still super grindy to do anything I'll wait for my friend to get his computer to a point that he can play the game before rejoining the midst of players
tbh if ure playing warframe alone it will get boring very fast. too much farm needed
"
Du5ty wrote:
tbh if ure playing warframe alone it will get boring very fast. too much farm needed

Yeah that's what I found out over time. The gameplay just isn't fun enough imo to justify the grind solo. Super fun with a group and can't wait till some of my friends can get back into it.
Played warframe since closed beta, It is an awesome game in general but as others have pointed out, it is very grindy, and after about the 6th time of finding a cool set of weapons spending some time min maxing mods, installing orokin reactors and formiang it about 4 times (a massive time / currency sink) it gets nerfed into the ground when a shiny new weapon is released (with op stats) its just a constant cycle of releasing new op weapons, give the players time to sink all sorts of materials into it, nerf said weapon, release new op weapon. Just got old fast, and started to seem like an intentional and unnecessary cash grab.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

just started playing it like 20 days ago and the movement and combat are what got me hooked right away.

I use the same name i use here in the forums if u wanna get in touch.

fun game, but I agree with what pneuma wrote.

edit: wanted to add that the teamplay is MUCH, MUCH more fun than at PoE. much more exciting!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 11, 2016, 8:55:29 AM
You can give it try, watch some of my videos...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=443438450

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=574400154

I recommend you return before march 18~20th ,there is your only chance to get the most expansive mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info