2.1 LL Whispering Ice! Up to 10,5k ES, 2.2k Int and nearly 17k Avg.Dmg! NEW THREAD UP!

Does ANYBODY play this build with RARE ITEMS only? C'mon guys, Im not that rich to get everything... I spend week to farm shavs and astramentis...

Also, why The Vertex, if it wont work with reduced mana reservation?
"
amberlink wrote:
So my gear is kinda bad currently, was hoping for some advice on where I need to start, How do I get enough energy shield to survive if using Solaris Lorica? You mention it lowering you to around 6k, but I have nowhere near that... Too poor to afford a Shav's currently...Did manage to get 2 legacy Perandus signets and an Astramentis though, so I'm getting somewhere

Sure thing, let me help you out!

If you cant afford all the super expensive items yet, just wear rare ones with a main focus in Int. ES. and Res.

Later on you can pick more needed items step by step!

Also the reason why ur ES is lower than mine, either you're a way lower level and therefore lack passives that would increase ur ES or your ES rolls on sertain gear isnt that high atm.

And yeah, ur on the right way! As said, step by step! :)

"
Does ANYBODY play this build with RARE ITEMS only? C'mon guys, Im not that rich to get everything... I spend week to farm shavs and astramentis...

Also, why The Vertex, if it wont work with reduced mana reservation?

As mentioned, if you cant afford all the more expensive items yet, focus on rare items with high Int. ES. and Res!

Vertex because its a unique item with fairly high ES and nice chaos res + evasion on top! It also grands us more Int thx to the two perandus rings! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Hmm, IN gems section u said:

Weapon:
6S (Again! No need for a 6L here!):
Icestorm (from the staff) - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration - Life Leech.
Swap in Concentrated Effect for Spell Echo against tanky bosses!

Then upper in gems section before u said:

Icestorm - Faster Casting - Hypothermia - Cold To Fire - Controlled Destruction - Life Leech - Spell Echo/Concentrated Effect

Basicly, wtf? wich setup to use? e.e i cant decide ffs
Last edited by cr1tical_tomato on Jan 12, 2016, 3:59:36 PM
"
Hmm, IN gems section u said:

Weapon:
6S (Again! No need for a 6L here!):
Icestorm (from the staff) - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration - Life Leech.
Swap in Concentrated Effect for Spell Echo against tanky bosses!

Then upper in gems section before u said:

Icestorm - Faster Casting - Hypothermia - Cold To Fire - Controlled Destruction - Life Leech - Spell Echo/Concentrated Effect

Basicly, wtf? wich setup to use? e.e decide ffs

I thought this is pretty obvious tbh...

It's up to you if you want to run a pure cold setup (more defensive style) or go ultra ham with cold to fire.

Also no need to be rude dude! Pointing at the "...decide ffs"

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Sorry, I meant that I cant decide ffs coz Im confused atm :(

Im running Spell Echo - FastCast - Cold pene - Hypo - IncAoe - Reduced Mana (for now)
"

Im running Spell Echo - FastCast - Cold pene - Hypo - IncAoe - Reduced Mana (for now)

Ahhh np! My bad than! :P

Drop "Inc.AoE." you dont need it! Put in "Controlled Destruction" instead! It is a HUGEEEEEE dmg. boost!!!

Also should you feel the need for "Life Leech" at some point drop the "Reduced Mana" for it.

Should you still somehow experience mana issues, switch "Faster Casting" out inseatd.

But you shouldnt really have mana issues :)

hi, interesting build, i might give it a try soon. i got one question about the Brute Force Jewels. im not sure if this is the correct calculation?

1 Jewel got the following stats:

24 Int (jewel) + 30 Int (str to int conversion) = 54 Int

Whispering Ice: 18% Int
2 x Perandus: 54% Int
Black Sun Crest: 15% Int

= 87% Increased Int

so 54 Int * 1.86 = 100 Int / Brute Force Jewel

The Whispering Ice Mod: 1% Spell Dmg / 10 Int = 10% Spell DMG / Brute Force Jewel

and 100 Int = 20% Increased Energy Shield

so Overall 1 Brute Force Jewel = 10% Spell DMG + 20% Increased Energy Shield.

Now a rare Jewel with perfect mods can have the following stats:

10% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cold Damage
10% increased Area Damage
8% increased Maximum Energy Shield

= 35% DMG + 8% Energy Shield (u can have 45% DMG with 0% energy shield too)

Now my question is: Are u using the Brute Force Jewels for the energy Shield or am i missing something with the Int Calculation? imo you can craft / buy a lot better rare jewels (ofc they are very expensive).

Thanks for your answer.
Just want to say, loving this build! Thank you for writing up this guide. I was lucky enough to get a Shavs, and wanted to try something I've never done before.

Only level 82 atm but have no issues with Atziri or T8-9 Maps.

My Damage is still a little low compared to yours, around 2.5K average atm but I have some decent nodes still to get. I decided to get the "Chance to avoid interruptions from stuns while casting" nodes in the witch area instead of the two Int nodes on the way to Occultist's Dominion.

Anyways, here's my current Gear, managed to get +1 Gems Asenath's but was thinking of trying for some Ele Weakness ones since Whispers of Doom is only 3 nodes away.
Spoiler

And Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfA5IEVARlhVQFy8ZihpsGo8bJR0UHU8dqh8CHxgfxySwJ6kpTyo4K3gsnC0fLYstqC9vNbk2xUVHRnFLrkyzUftSKVXWVeBYWlxrXIpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVG0Zb55wu3vXf8aApIKbgwmESITFhXuPRo_6kyeVIJcGm6GbtZ2uoS-io6cIpyuxkLQMtQS-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrDbcSiykrK080W0B_Q0NWm2CTZE9lb34rfmOGI5CLpAuq66-TsGOw47-v22vfX-tL7Cf5J?accountName=Jedmiester&characterName=OneWithTheIceAndSky
"Did the earth move for you baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard"
- Shadow, upon killing Alira
Last edited by Jedmiester on Jan 13, 2016, 12:06:18 PM
"
drainer80 wrote:
hi, interesting build, i might give it a try soon. i got one question about the Brute Force Jewels. im not sure if this is the correct calculation?

1 Jewel got the following stats:

24 Int (jewel) + 30 Int (str to int conversion) = 54 Int

Whispering Ice: 18% Int
2 x Perandus: 54% Int
Black Sun Crest: 15% Int

= 87% Increased Int

so 54 Int * 1.86 = 100 Int / Brute Force Jewel

The Whispering Ice Mod: 1% Spell Dmg / 10 Int = 10% Spell DMG / Brute Force Jewel

and 100 Int = 20% Increased Energy Shield

so Overall 1 Brute Force Jewel = 10% Spell DMG + 20% Increased Energy Shield.

Now a rare Jewel with perfect mods can have the following stats:

10% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cold Damage
10% increased Area Damage
8% increased Maximum Energy Shield

= 35% DMG + 8% Energy Shield (u can have 45% DMG with 0% energy shield too)

Now my question is: Are u using the Brute Force Jewels for the energy Shield or am i missing something with the Int Calculation? imo you can craft / buy a lot better rare jewels (ofc they are very expensive).

Thanks for your answer.

You forgot to calc. for icestorm as well :)
Your math above seams right tho!

"Deals 1–3 base cold Damage per 10 Intelligence"
"Skill 0.15 seconds increased skill effect base duration per 100 intelligence"

Also tbh I haven't tested other GG icestorm jewels instead of the conversions jewels yet. Might do that in the future when Talisman ends or someone else here could do that. :)

And yes, getting GG jewels is indeed hard / expensive.

"
Jedmiester wrote:
Just want to say, loving this build! Thank you for writing up this guide. I was lucky enough to get a Shavs, and wanted to try something I've never done before.

Only level 82 atm but have no issues with Atziri or T8-9 Maps.

My Damage is still a little low compared to yours, around 2.5K average atm but I have some decent nodes still to get. I decided to get the "Chance to avoid interruptions from stuns while casting" nodes in the witch area instead of the two Int nodes on the way to Occultist's Dominion.

Anyways, here's my current Gear, managed to get +1 Gems Asenath's but was thinking of trying for some Ele Weakness ones since Whispers of Doom is only 3 nodes away.
Spoiler

And Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfA5IEVARlhVQFy8ZihpsGo8bJR0UHU8dqh8CHxgfxySwJ6kpTyo4K3gsnC0fLYstqC9vNbk2xUVHRnFLrkyzUftSKVXWVeBYWlxrXIpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVG0Zb55wu3vXf8aApIKbgwmESITFhXuPRo_6kyeVIJcGm6GbtZ2uoS-io6cIpyuxkLQMtQS-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrDbcSiykrK080W0B_Q0NWm2CTZE9lb34rfmOGI5CLpAuq66-TsGOw47-v22vfX-tL7Cf5J?accountName=Jedmiester&characterName=OneWithTheIceAndSky

Looking really solid so far! Good work! :)

Even tho I really don't find the anti stun notes worth it once ur used to proper movement and positioning but that up to you!

If you dont mind losing some ES and you want to use 2x curse ascenaths I recommand you to test a well rolled doedres scorn as helmed! (20% inc. dmg. for each curse on an enemy!)

"

inc AoE lowers clear speeds IMO and is also stated on the icestorm wiki not to use

it spaces out the ice spears so they are no longer overlapping on impact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info