[2.4] zSavage's Poison Hurricane (Crit Poison BV)[Budget Friendly][Assassin]

"
Nikanto wrote:
Update skill links for v2.4 please.

Done.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Nice build, having fun with it. Just want to ask, would belly of the beast be a good unique for this build?
"
Fieryzone wrote:
Nice build, having fun with it. Just want to ask, would belly of the beast be a good unique for this build?

Belly can be useful. While personally I prefer a rare (as it can have higher armor, resists, and even fill stat holes), Belly is a solid choice, because of its extra % life and extra life recovery from flasks.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
What do you think of using Concentrated Effect instead of Inc crit dmg in the skill links? With conc eff, the AoE is still decent (especially if youre using a divinarius), and we gain a huge damage boost, even at max powercharges. And anyways, we mainly use flicker strike to teleport from one monster to another, so AoE in this build isn't quite as important as it might be in some other builds. I'm kind of torn over this, as I really like the large AoE, but the damage boost is definitely real...

Oh, and what about Atziri's Splendour (the armour and life variant) for a chest? I just got one cheap for 20c, and 5Led. Seems way easier to colour than a eva/armour hybrid (that takes upwards of 500 chrom, atziris takes only 24, use calculator), and has decent armour (1200+), life, and resists. And that sweet life/mana on kill...

This variant:

Last edited by Fire309 on Sep 24, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
What do you think of using Concentrated Effect instead of Inc crit dmg in the skill links? With conc eff, the AoE is still decent (especially if youre using a divinarius), and we gain a huge damage boost, even at max powercharges. And anyways, we mainly use flicker strike to teleport from one monster to another, so AoE in this build isn't quite as important as it might be in some other builds. I'm kind of torn over this, as I really like the large AoE, but the damage boost is definitely real...

Oh, and what about Atziri's Splendour (the armour and life variant) for a chest? I just got one cheap for 20c, and 5Led. Seems way easier to colour than a eva/armour hybrid (that takes upwards of 500 chrom, atziris takes only 24, use calculator), and has decent armour (1200+), life, and resists. And that sweet life/mana on kill...

This variant:

I'd have to test conc effect vs Crit Multi. I like crit multi cause it works very well with the 100% more poison damage on crit, but I'd have to compare tooltips.

That variant of splendor should be quite good.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
How are you feeling about Vaal Pact having tested it a bit? I am getting to the point where I will need to decide whether or not to use it.

I was thinking since I hardly use flicker at all, nor the self cast immortal call, I would swap WB+faster attacks+fortify to the shield and instead put vaal lightning trap, enduring cry, and decoy totem with inc duration in the 4 link (I would replace molten shell in the CWDT with Immortal call). This would give extra boss capabilities, and I'm a huge fan of Vaal lit trap and decoy totem. How much would losing molten shell in the CWDT hurt defensively?
"
dwperry wrote:
How are you feeling about Vaal Pact having tested it a bit? I am getting to the point where I will need to decide whether or not to use it.

I was thinking since I hardly use flicker at all, nor the self cast immortal call, I would swap WB+faster attacks+fortify to the shield and instead put vaal lightning trap, enduring cry, and decoy totem with inc duration in the 4 link (I would replace molten shell in the CWDT with Immortal call). This would give extra boss capabilities, and I'm a huge fan of Vaal lit trap and decoy totem. How much would losing molten shell in the CWDT hurt defensively?

TBH I like Vaal Pact quite a bit. From my testing I've had no problems sustaining Blood Rage even with Vaal Pact while mapping.

I don't spam flicker myself on frenzies, so it's a move skill that is often useful for me.

Losing molten shell in CWDT wouldn't really hurt that much, since it's not a particularly high level one.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Thanks for the build. Currently running this in EHC, are there any changes you would recommend for HC players?
Carry a bladefall while leveling to deal with Shavronne so you don't insta rip to lightning thorns.

Other than that should be fine.

Might want to go for the Vaal Pact version for a lot of survivability.

I typically make builds in SC with a HC mentality cause I don't like dying, so it should be OK.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Sorry for the flurry of questions.

What do u think of Lioneye's Remorse as a high AR shield?

It has high armour, high life, and extra block chance. Seems pretty good for 1c, and resists are easy to cap in this build.

Secondly, what do u think about replacing whirling blades with shield charge? I find shield charge easier to control, but whirling blades is probably a bit faster.
Last edited by Fire309 on Sep 30, 2016, 6:54:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info