[2.4] zSavage's Poison Hurricane (Crit Poison BV)[Budget Friendly][Assassin]

"
Fire309 wrote:
Sorry for the flurry of questions.

What do u think of Lioneye's Remorse as a high AR shield?

It has high armour, high life, and extra block chance. Seems pretty good for 1c, and resists are easy to cap in this build.

Secondly, what do u think about replacing whirling blades with shield charge? I find shield charge easier to control, but whirling blades is probably a bit faster.

Lioneye's Remorse is a great option until you want a better rare shield.

Whirling Blades vs Shield Charge is your choice. Use whichever you're more comfortable with.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I turn your tree into CI build, is it good? Because I don't see any BV with CI build, so I want to know why.

Please have a look at it, here's the link.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAFvA-4FQgeZDXwN0Q5ID6sQkhEtES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_Fy8YahmKGo8bJRzcHRQdvh3ZIG4i9CSLKPoqCyo4KwosnCy_L28yMjLRM4c1uTbFOVI8BT1fQZZDVEVHS65MjkyzUDBSU1S9VdZWY1fJWAdZ8FxAXGtd8l9qY0NknWTnaoxsC20ZcFJwu3X9e9d8g3_GgKSCx4RIhG-EooauiECIQonTi3qMNo8aj0aP-pMnlouXlZf0m6Gf36EvotmnCKcrrrOw2LVIuJO8b76KwGbBxcM6w23IFNAf0NDQ9dRC1bnYJNkT2VvZhuL344TpAutj6-7r9ewY73zv6_Id9HH1b_ba-tL7CQ==?accountName=zSavage&characterName=BlightHurricane

And I ask someone out there about the ascendancy skill, here's what he say

"If this is a BV build then noxious strikes and toxic delivery will do you zero good. You only proc the Bleed with Attacks then everything else procs form whatever from there so unless the target is already bleeding BV will not proc any of the other effects. BV crits enough for the crit multi and such to do just fine but those are wasted points for that ascendancy for your main skill."

^is it true?

@tuisrb

There are 2 questions here. First let's talk about the Ascendancies. I'm going to bold the part of each we care about then explain how they work.

Noxious Strike
40% chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies
50% chance for Attacks to Maim on Hit against Poisoned Enemies
Attacks have 30% chance to cause Bleeding
30% increased Skill Effect Duration if you've Killed a Maimed Enemy Recently

Our Blade Vortex already poisons from the Poison support gem. So if we hit an enemy with an attack (like whirling blades, flicker strike, vengeance, or reckoning) they will be maimed 50% of the time. When these enemies die we get 30% skill duration. If you're whirling or flickering through packs this procs often. Best visual indicator is a sudden increase of 3s in your Blood Rage duration.
30% chance for bleed from attacks (we have a fair number) synergizes with the second notable.

Toxic Delivery
10% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time
20% of Physical Damage gained as Extra Chaos Damage against Bleeding Enemies
Poison you inflict with Critical Strikes deals 100% more Damage

Bleeding you inflict on Maimed Enemies deals 100% more Damage

I shouldn't need to explain the first line.
If the enemies are bleeding (30% chance from before), we get 20% of phys as chaos. A nice damage boost to get randomly vs bosses. You should be attacking occasionally to proc Fortify anyways.
The biggest thing here is poison from crits deals double damage. And since this is a crit BV build, this happens a lot, and this is a huge DPS boost.

As for CI, I would recommend a tree like this. The one you made has 123/123 points (very unreasonable to reach) and I can see you took a ton of reduced reservation nodes along with dual curse, probably looking to run Discipline and 2x curses. Overall I would say this is not worth it; just run Disc + Warlords on Blasphemy. And fill the jewel socket near the Melding cluster with an Energy from Within.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Oct 6, 2016, 9:49:05 AM
First, great guide. Thanks for sharing! Now on to my question:

I'm relatively new and still learning, so I'm guessing I'm missing something basic, but the question I keep coming back to is why Armor and not ES? I'm only just completing Merciless and so far it's felt like the ES is far more useful.

In terms of Skills, it seems like there's few if any armor nodes you *have* to pass through to get to the mission-critical nodes you want, and there are a couple of ES ones you pass through naturally. As other's have mentioned, the Armor focus can also make it tough to get the requisite Strength to wear the proper gear.

Is it just that you wanted to do something more budget friendly and/or different from the the typical ES builds that run CI and have a mandatory Shavronne's, etc. b/c that's the only way to effectively do an ES build?
"
ProfP wrote:
First, great guide. Thanks for sharing! Now on to my question:

I'm relatively new and still learning, so I'm guessing I'm missing something basic, but the question I keep coming back to is why Armor and not ES? I'm only just completing Merciless and so far it's felt like the ES is far more useful.

In terms of Skills, it seems like there's few if any armor nodes you *have* to pass through to get to the mission-critical nodes you want, and there are a couple of ES ones you pass through naturally. As other's have mentioned, the Armor focus can also make it tough to get the requisite Strength to wear the proper gear.

Is it just that you wanted to do something more budget friendly and/or different from the the typical ES builds that run CI and have a mandatory Shavronne's, etc. b/c that's the only way to effectively do an ES build?

The primary issue with using both life and ES (aka a Hybrid build) is that you cannot sustain both of your HP pools at the same time from the same source. Life leech, for example, can only apply to life or ES, not both. So most builds choose to use either life or ES as their main source of raw hitpoints.

I chose life for this build for several versions (although I have planned trees for ES and low life versions that I may play eventually).

1. It's much easier to gear a life based build, especially at the beginning of a league. This build can be a great league starter for this reason.

2. Flasks. Life flasks are not available to ES builds, and allow for excellent controlled sustain without having to go through character animations to recover HP.

3. Blood rage. It's very difficult to run this skill as an ES character now, and it's a great clear speed enhancer, even if you use the Vaal Pact (no regen) variant, as it can still use flasks when needed.

4. Ability to invest in other defenses (aka AR, EV). ES builds, due to the nature of how their gear needs to be to have a high HP pool, struggle to obtain other defenses like Armor or Evasion from their gear.

Anyway, on to the big question: why Armor?

I chose to add armor to my character back when I was first playing it due to the melee-esq nature of Blade Vortex and the fact that it does physical damage. By having an armor rating unflasked of 8-10k, you can easily kill phys reflect rares without noticing and even run phys reflect maps, esp with the Vaal Pact variant. But it also makes hits from trash mobs much less meaningful and enables you to survive some of the biggest phys hits in the game without being oneshot.

Here's the thing: you don't really need to armor up your character until around Act 3 Merciless, around the point when you want to do the Merciless Labyrinth and beyond. At this point your character should have enough stats to use correct gear and the like (as you'll need at least 155 STR anyways for a lvl 20 Warlord's Mark curse).

Hope this answers your question!

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hello zSavage! Any idea for patch 2.5? They are changed BV again.
"
Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

I think we need more skill duration now..
"
qeepsake wrote:
Hello zSavage! Any idea for patch 2.5? They are changed BV again.
"
Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

I think we need more skill duration now..

Honestly, the build will just get stronger. You won't even need any extra duration. BV actually will do even more damage now (which is mind blowing; what was the balance team thinking?)

Here's how it currently behaves:
1 Stack: 1(base dmg) x 1 hit/s = 1 base damage/s
20 Stacks: 1(base dmg) x 20 hits/s = 20 base damage/s

Here's what it will be after the patch:
1 Stack: 0.7(base damage) x 1.3 (damage per stack) x 1.67 (base hits/s) x 1.1 (frequency per stack) = 1.67 base damage/s
20 Stacks: 0.7(base damage) x 7 (damage per stack) x 1.67 (base hits/s) x 3.0 (frequency per stack) = 24.5 base damage/s

So it deals 67% more damage with 1 stack and 22.5% more damage with 20 stacks. The build will be stronger in 2.5.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Nov 30, 2016, 1:12:41 AM
"
zSavage wrote:

So it deals 67% more damage with 1 stack and 22.5% more damage with 20 stacks. The build will be stronger in 2.5.

-Savage

Thanks for explanation! Will try before start league. I hope it will be a good boost.
what bandits do i help/kill?
"
JoeX wrote:
what bandits do i help/kill?

oak oak alira

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info