[2.4] zSavage's Poison Hurricane (Crit Poison BV)[Budget Friendly][Assassin]

"
Peernix wrote:
Hi all,

I'm kind of trying out this build for the new League. My questions is that how the Assassin can make synergy with this build? The Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery Ascendcy seems to be an overkill as of mostly works for "Attack"-s. Is there something I don't know?

Noxious Strike gives a chance to cause bleeding on hit with attacks, which include our movement skills and counter attack skills. (important later)

We will also maim poisoned enemies (anyone hit by our BV) with attacks -> this then enables us to get 30% skill duration when we kill them. If you're using whirling blades to jump through packs, this will often proc the 30% skill duration, as the blades will hit right before and right after the whirling blades hit, resulting in a very short maim before monster death.

As for Toxic Delivery, the big thing here is that poison from critical strikes deals 100% more damage. So our poison damage from BV is doubled from crits.

Then we have 10% reduced damage taken from DoT, which is nice for lap traps, poison/bleed, and our own bloodrage degen.

You can also make use of the 20% of phys added as chaos as I do by occasionally slashing across bosses with whirling blades and using a counterattack like vengance. (use movement attacks to proc the bleed chance from Noxious Strike to get the bonus from Toxic Delivery).

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Sep 6, 2016, 11:30:33 AM
Hi zSavage.

Many thanks for the all around response. It does make sense now. Also flicker can be handy when jumping through impassable terrain. This feels like a plan :)
update 2.4c
Fixed a bug where the Noxious Strike Ascendancy Skill worked with spells also.
zSavage, comment this pls :( rip? I'm sad..
Last edited by qeepsake on Sep 7, 2016, 11:28:47 PM
"
qeepsake wrote:
update 2.4c
Fixed a bug where the Noxious Strike Ascendancy Skill worked with spells also.
zSavage, comment this pls :( rip? I'm sad..

I think the bug was in any hits on poisoned enemies applying maim, not just attack hits. It should work as described in my previous post on this page:

Earlier Post
"
zSavage wrote:
Noxious Strike gives a chance to cause bleeding on hit with attacks, which include our movement skills and counter attack skills. (important later)

We will also maim poisoned enemies (anyone hit by our BV) with attacks -> this then enables us to get 30% skill duration when we kill them. If you're using whirling blades to jump through packs, this will often proc the 30% skill duration, as the blades will hit right before and right after the whirling blades hit, resulting in a very short maim before monster death.

As for Toxic Delivery, the big thing here is that poison from critical strikes deals 100% more damage. So our poison damage from BV is doubled from crits.

Then we have 10% reduced damage taken from DoT, which is nice for lap traps, poison/bleed, and our own bloodrage degen.

You can also make use of the 20% of phys added as chaos as I do by occasionally slashing across bosses with whirling blades and using a counterattack like vengance. (use movement attacks to proc the bleed chance from Noxious Strike to get the bonus from Toxic Delivery).

-Savage

Still, it's worth going through this node to get the 100% more poison damage from Crits from Toxic Delivery, and it should still work fine to apply the occasional bleed and getting skill duration from maim.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Quick and easy guy to use!

Thanks for the quick A.Speed craft. :D
Added 2.4 changes under 2.4 changelog in main post. Not much has really changed; we just do more damage now :).

I'll probably be overhauling/updating the rest of the guide soon-ish.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Doing this but on CI... ty!
Added build update vid for 2.4. Boss kills (Izaro, Atziri, Uber Izaro) will be added later today.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Not sure what I did wrong, can you please check my character? Name is Stiff_Richard.
I deal barely any damage and I can't keep up with stacks dropping. Haven't got the defensive gems set up yet.
"
Viperr02 wrote:
Not sure what I did wrong, can you please check my character? Name is Stiff_Richard.
I deal barely any damage and I can't keep up with stacks dropping. Haven't got the defensive gems set up yet.

No poison gem on main link.

Char when I looked was only wearing a few items.

You've also skipped all the mana nodes on the tree (you actually really want them to be able to stack to 20 before running out of mana).
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info