[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Good point about the penetration! True, they don't penetrate!

So, 71% inc fire dmg then :)

I need someone to help with the other math, how totem dmg is calculated and just make a comparison of these nodes :)

I'll work on the numbers in around 2 hours. Very complicated. Essentially to answer your question I need to compare whether totem life is better or increased damage is better for at least 2 gearing levels.

I'm leaning towards a tree that maximises totem life though.

***Check my previous post, where I post some calculations, that is the post to consider.

It is complicated, yeah. Well, totem life has 2 advantages, kinda. Tankier and more dmg.

On the other hand, more dps is also tankier in a sense, since you kill enemies faster.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Good point about the penetration! True, they don't penetrate!

So, 71% inc fire dmg then :)

I need someone to help with the other math, how totem dmg is calculated and just make a comparison of these nodes :)

I'll work on the numbers in around 2 hours. Very complicated. Essentially to answer your question I need to compare whether totem life is better or increased damage is better for at least 2 gearing levels.

I'm leaning towards a tree that maximises totem life though.

***Check my previous post, where I post some calculations, that is the post to consider.

It is complicated, yeah. Well, totem life has 2 advantages, kinda. Tankier and more dmg.

On the other hand, more dps is also tankier in a sense, since you kill enemies faster.

Yeah I looked at it. What those calculations didn't consider is the exact Base health of a level 20 or 21 spell totem, and the increased damage from your items. Generally the more increased damage you can get from other sources, the better it is to get more totem health just because totem health can only be from the tree.

Also, totem life is similar to a MORE multiplier while increased fire damage is an INCREASED multiplier.
I'm sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, I started playing this game on friday and I'm still a noob. Im not sure if this was answered earlier in the post but in the leveling section on the guide you say that in act 2 you need to find a 3 link scepter and use the +1 fire skills recipe on it. What color gems sockets should I be looking for and what skills do I put in those sockets?
Last edited by Laugter9989 on Feb 29, 2016, 9:07:13 PM
"
Laugter9989 wrote:
I'm sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, I started playing this game on friday and I'm still a noob. Im not sure if this was answered earlier in the post but in the leveling section on the guide you say that in act 2 you need to find a 3 link scepter and use the +1 fire skills recipe on it. What color gems sockets should I be looking for and what skills do I put in those sockets?

3 linked quartz scepter so you don't have to spend currency to link it.

Best color is Red Blue Blue.

Starting off it should be Firestorm Spell Totem. Then later when Righteous Fire damage is good, it should be Righteous Fire Spell Totem Increased Area of Effect.
"
Laugter9989 wrote:

There is not much to link, a marauder doesnt get any useful support gems at the start (until late act 3).
Just throw in your searing bond totem + Firestorm + Iron will, its the best you will get.
If you get ancestral bonds you can change iron will with spelltotem.

Later use the sceptre for SEARING BOND + Burning dmg + elemental focus.

Until you get your fully linked gear etc.

"
Koksii wrote:

Another thing that would be great would be a MF setup guide (which items are mandatory etc.)

Cuz i want to start with this build as MF (dried lake /low map farming) to become a bit wealthy and then continue with the recommended way to level to 95 or so. Would be cool if you could say which gems and items i can swap out for IIR etc :)

Its basically the same like every other mf build. Dont know what to say about it... just equip as much iir/iiq as you can, there are several mf guides out there that do a great job.
There is no item required for low maps/lakes, dualcurse + purity (for yourself) may be an option^^

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Guys, we'll need to do some math here, concerning the perfect tree.

What would be better, to go down near the BM passive and get those totem nodes ( and more life / armor on the way) or to go up and grab the witch's Fire nodes? 5 fires nodes for 71% inc fire dmg +3% fire pen.

Some questions concerning this:

1 - Fire dmg is also scaled by items (rings etc. ). Totem dmg is only scaled by passive points + jewels. Does this make a difference or Totem Dmg = Fire dmg no matter how you scale fire damage?

2 -With RF the enemies burn for 50% of the totem's life per second. So, let's say the totem has 10,000 life, they will burn for 5,000 per second. By going down left to those totem nodes, the totems get:

20% inc totem life + lots of totem res + 20% inc totem dmg + 8% additional phys reduction ( they will already have 50% of our armor plus other bonuses from Chieftain). So, it does make them tankier but is the extra life + totem dmg worth it, or are the 5 fire nodes much better?

20% inc life = 2,000 more totem life = +1,000 dmg per second and then you also have 20% inc totem dmg which is calculated after you calculate the total damage of all the gems in it?

71% inc fire damage when you have a 10,000 life totem, is: a 3,550 dmg per second increase, so they will deal 8,550 per second + penetrate 3% fire resistance. (there is 1 more node there that gives 15% inc burning dmg )

Please, ...enlighten me :P

1) what? totem dmg and fire dmg is the same, they work additive

2) The way down there costs too many points. What would you sacrifice for it? I´ve played around with what you mean, but i would loose over 5% liferegen and loose the scion jewel (which is for me the most important, inc aoe with intuitive leap, AoE is superiour to every damage node).

If i drop combat stamina (which is optional by the way) for the ele dmg jewel i have more totem life than your way down there (2 jewel more)

no Ironwood

Ironwood

"
My question is which nodes do you guys think are priority after Ancestral Bond and Totemic Mastery (Milky's lvl 32 tree)?

i will update this, still have a few days time for it :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 29, 2016, 10:03:13 PM
Thanks guys!
Last edited by Laugter9989 on Feb 29, 2016, 9:30:31 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
2) The way down there costs too many points. What would you sacrifice for it? I´ve played around with what you mean, but i would loose over 5% liferegen and loose the scion jewel (which is for me the most important, inc aoe with intuitive leap, AoE is superiour to every damage node).

If i drop combat stamina (which is optional by the way) for the ele dmg jewel i have more totem life than your way down there (2 jewel more)

no Ironwood

Ironwood

Hi Milky,

This is the tree I'm leaning towards that takes Ironwood.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthggFhjJvMWCz38E6V7s4zPF4z2SM9nXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7GrjwtEMzE9oNfg8wrtnKptz6MRvcyrKr-CviT6hhZ8_JF2L12rPjrnz4aOHIPOuE1ks9-u-3z3RRxLdKQVWaeplf-j5HOaGUOPNl8Jy_60ljlTeMsp4IHOtgWbx0UFy_DE3hp7DgkquNqEmmPRmTnWiv2roKbhXs26RccpwiboVXWo_KaO2ZUcXnYJBhq99eApOFzn99WSHgvrJiiAO98PAV85TpY8B8Es1gHVcaD2wQHTLOXldAfUlPv6z1fl_Q=

The build has more character life as well as totem life and endurance charges than your build, but sacrifices 3 5% AoE nodes on the tree, as well as many fire damage / burning damage nodes.

My core assumption when creating this passive tree is that Totem Life is always better than Fire Damage on the tree. I don't actually know if that's true.

My second core assumption is that the 15% AoE nodes aren't 100% necessary.

I think there needs to be some heavy number crunching to find out which build is better for damage.

Readying calculations. Below is a breakdown of the MOST POSSIBLE damage from gear and gems for RF Totem.

Triple Curse:
Perfect Doryani's Catalyst - 110% increased elemental damage
Perfect Lavianga's Wisdom - 15% increased area damage
Doedre's Scorn - 20% increased elemental damage + 20% increased damage per curse x 3 = 80%
Rare Ring - 12% increased fire damage
Rare Amulet - 17% increased fire damage
Carcass Jack - 12% increased area damage

Total increased damage on gear = 246% increased damage

Other possible item: Perfect Doryani's Invitation: 30% increased fire damage

Elemental Overload: 40% more elemental damage

RF Totem on 6L:
Increased AoE q20: 10% increased area damage
Elemental Focus: Assume 49% increased elemental damage
Rapid Decay: 39% MORE DoT, 10% increased DoT
IBD: 69% increased burning damage

Vulnerability: 33% increased DoT

Total: 171% increased damage, 39% more damage
Last edited by elitedesolator on Feb 29, 2016, 11:29:01 PM
For me, AoE is the most important stat, there is nothing that increases mapping speed like this stat (and movement which we cant skill in any useful way)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 29, 2016, 10:59:51 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
For me, AoE is the most important stat, there is nothing that increases mapping speed like this stat

If so why don't you run Carcass Jack?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info