[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Aedax wrote:
I just grabbed a seat on the hype train for this build in Ascendancy. Will there be drinks and snacks on the ride?

Only thing I can assure you is that the ride will be too hot to handle :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 29, 2016, 3:42:44 PM
I'm totally on board with this build for 2.2

the hardest part is waiting 3.5 days to start... instead of just hitting standard right now.. argh!!!
"
its almost the same but i will do what i can with my insane paint skillz ;)

Danke! :D

Another thing that would be great would be a MF setup guide (which items are mandatory etc.)

Cuz i want to start with this build as MF (dried lake /low map farming) to become a bit wealthy and then continue with the recommended way to level to 95 or so. Would be cool if you could say which gems and items i can swap out for IIR etc :)
Last edited by Koksii on Feb 29, 2016, 4:00:47 PM
Guys, we'll need to do some math here, concerning the perfect tree.

What would be better, to go down near the BM passive and get those totem nodes ( and more life / armor on the way) or to go up and grab the witch's Fire nodes? 5 fires nodes for 71% inc fire dmg +3% fire pen.

Some questions concerning this:

1 - Fire dmg is also scaled by items (rings etc. ). Totem dmg is only scaled by passive points + jewels. Does this make a difference or Totem Dmg = Fire dmg no matter how you scale fire damage?

2 -With RF the enemies burn for 50% of the totem's life per second. So, let's say the totem has 10,000 life, they will burn for 5,000 per second. By going down left to those totem nodes, the totems get:

20% inc totem life + lots of totem res + 20% inc totem dmg + 8% additional phys reduction ( they will already have 50% of our armor plus other bonuses from Chieftain). So, it does make them tankier but is the extra life + totem dmg worth it, or are the 5 fire nodes much better?

20% inc life = 2,000 more totem life = +1,000 dmg per second and then you also have 20% inc totem dmg which is calculated after you calculate the total damage of all the gems in it?

71% inc fire damage when you have a 10,000 life totem, is: a 3,550 dmg per second increase, so they will deal 8,550 per second + penetrate 3% fire resistance. (there is 1 more node there that gives 15% inc burning dmg )

Please, ...enlighten me :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
You need to take into account that RF Totem's doesn't penetrate, because they don't hit.
The way down is really far, so I don't know if it's worth it.
Good point about the penetration! True, they don't penetrate!

So, 71% inc fire dmg then :)

I need someone to help with the other math, how totem dmg is calculated and just make a comparison of these nodes :)

-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 29, 2016, 4:30:30 PM
Can't wait to run this build on Friday! I just made a new toon in talisman to try out the lower levels. Hit 32 and switched over to RF totems. Definitely a different feel than fire totem, and at this level with PoF and Flammability Blasphemy, I don't have enough mana to cast searing bond.

My question is which nodes do you guys think are priority after Ancestral Bond and Totemic Mastery (Milky's lvl 32 tree)?
dual curse, holy fire, witch AOE nodes, explosive impact then life forever. then jewels later game. if HC I would skip explosive impact until later because the totem life nodes + dual curse + holy fire are more than enough DPS for a while.
Last edited by WeetWoo on Feb 29, 2016, 5:49:24 PM
So freakin' hyped to run this on Friday :D
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Good point about the penetration! True, they don't penetrate!

So, 71% inc fire dmg then :)

I need someone to help with the other math, how totem dmg is calculated and just make a comparison of these nodes :)

I'll work on the numbers in around 2 hours. Very complicated. Essentially to answer your question I need to compare whether totem life is better or increased damage is better for at least 2 gearing levels.

I'm leaning towards a tree that maximises totem life though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info