[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Damn, this thread is big...
A question: will this build be ok if done as Hierophant? I'm thinking of using RF in the Rime Gaze (yeah, cold helm) for free Conc. Effect and extra totems would be nice for coverage, and Conviction of Power would help with proccing Elemental Overload...

Also, would Searing Touch be ok for the weapon? I know I'd lose the shield but the damage is nice and it's cheap as fuck.

EDIT: NVM, just saw about Searing Touch.
Last edited by IANVS on Jul 22, 2016, 3:30:42 PM
"
IANVS wrote:
Damn, this thread is big...
A question: will this build be ok if done as Hierophant? I'm thinking of using RF in the Rime Gaze (yeah, cold helm) for free Conc. Effect and extra totems would be nice for coverage, and Conviction of Power would help with proccing Elemental Overload...

Also, would Searing Touch be ok for the weapon? I know I'd lose the shield but the damage is nice and it's cheap as fuck.

EDIT: NVM, just saw about Searing Touch.

Yeah hierophant is fine, but remember that the hiero ele pen on helmets doesnt work and conc effect will reduce you cleaspeed even with 3 totems.

hierophant will significantly deal less damage, but has better placementspeed (20%) and the extra aoe. a drawback is the need of purity of fire.

i played both and chieftain was overall stronger.

searing touch is worse than one doryanis catalyst and you could wear two ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Can we try this? let us assume 20% low roll!

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hidden_Potential

By gearing magic Belt, Helmet, Body Armour, Shield, Gloves, Boots, Weapon

so 7*20% = 140% increased damage permanently?

Probably we will be using some alterations to roll gears, but worth a try I think!!!
The build works perfectly, the only thing annoying is the totem takes a sluggish time to cast the RF, so probably a faster casting in a 6L will improve it, otherwise the build is good,

using enfeeble helped me better than temporal,

In the tree, I would recommend going through "Elementalist" Passive so we get 12% resist also elemental damage boost, we can still have the same life, as the tree is well balanaced
Hidden potential is possibl to use, but you will probably loose resists, armour or life. Need some serious good blue gear. The damage is already great without it.

The casttime is something we can play around. I cast rft like a meteor sorc in diablo 2 :P But sure, castspeed gem is possible, a silver flask helps too. If you dont wanna min-max the damage output per totem for singletarget thats a reasonable choice for the overall clearspeed or smoother totems.

For me its temporal, but the curse choice is open, nothing is wrong there. Many ppl like temp + enfeeble + flammability for a defensive setup, too. Nothing wrong with each choice.

Elementalist needs a few points more (without checkin, 3 i think) which could be used for something else or earlier curse/lifenodes/jewels.
I never ran into problems with overcapped resists since most of the gear is rare gear, but it helps until you got decent gear. I still recommend dropping it over time

How does this build recover lost life? Just life regeneration?

Edit: And potions ofc?
Last edited by coatofarms on Jul 23, 2016, 7:40:13 PM
"
coatofarms wrote:
How does this build recover lost life? Just life regeneration?

Edit: And potions ofc?

This build has enough life regen to recover full hp in a few seconds.
Its not a juggernaut with over 9000 hp regen per sec, but it doesnt need it like that.

You are safe behind totems, just have a decoy ready!

Also, how much armour and phys reduction do you have milkyslice?
I dont know, i dont have a RFT chieftain this league and it always depends on the gear, if you run a shield or dual dory.

i think it was around 6-7k armour without flask with carcass jack.

it could've been easily 10k with a decent armour chest + basalt + even taste of hate, but thats overkill for me since its not a build that facetanks bosses or fat rares ;)

Milky I just read the part of your guide that said Hinekora doesn't work with RF. But I am confused because Hinekora says "1% of damage dealt by your totems is leeched to you as life".
"
coatofarms wrote:
Milky I just read the part of your guide that said Hinekora doesn't work with RF. But I am confused because Hinekora says "1% of damage dealt by your totems is leeched to you as life".

life leech only works with hits, dots arent hits.
selfcast RF with lifeleech doesnt work, too ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 24, 2016, 8:19:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info