[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
neroth wrote:
About 8 points, would you take Ramako and try to take few more endurance charges on tree to get more defence or just take Ngamahu and Tawhoa(Hinekora isnt good one to take i assume)?

hinekora is useless for this build.

if you wanna stack endurance charges and keep em up its worth to pick Ramako.

tawhoa on the other side is pretty solid, too. Its a decision between armour/str and liferregen ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Stupid question...

Why did you go armour instead of ES?

I'm following this guide, and RF deals damage based on ES too, and that got me wondering why didn't you go for any.

Thanks in advance :)
"
FightMen75 wrote:
Stupid question...

I'm following this guide, and RF deals damage based on ES too, and that got me wondering why didn't you go for any.

because totem rf is based on the totem life (and totem es) and not the player life/es.
skaling totem ES is really bad.

I rather have 5k armour than 500 es on a lifebased character with good regen :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 13, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
FightMen75 wrote:
Stupid question...

because totem rf is based on the totem life (and totem es) and not the player life/es.
skaling totem ES is really bad.

I rather have 5k armour than 500 es on a lifebased character with good regen :P

Oh, I knew it would be a stupid question...

Many thanks :)

And great job on the guide, I've been wrecking stuff very well and safely thanks to the adition of Decoy totem :D
the only stupid questions are questions answered in the guide like 10 times, this was none of those ;)

I may add this in the faq.

As a sidenote: there was a time (until patch 1.0.3) where rf totems damage was based on the player life and es.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 13, 2016, 4:05:04 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
the only stupid questions are questions answered in the guide like 10 times, this was none of those ;)

I may add this in the faq.

As a sidenote: there was a time (until patch 1.0.3) where rf totems damage was based on the player life and es.

And I asked before googling :(
I suck.

I could just had read the patch notes:
"1.0.3
Righteous Fire Totems will damage enemies based on their own life and ES, not their caster's life and ES."

I have all my answers!

Thanks in advance, great job again :)

I can only say that the bad part of this build is the leveling till 30... But thats on almost all builds :p
Would you consider this a "good build" to make a fresh character in a new league intent on rushing to farm Uber Lab/Uber Atziri - Or is there a better totem build for that?

Trying to plan for next league and only tried a totem build recently with Ancestral Warchief on scion and loved it. Trying to find the right totem build for cost/to content clear and a good start to a league.

Right now debating between this and the dual crit flame totem build.
This seems more reliable but haven't tried either yet and hard to find feedback on above.

Thanks all.
"
SolSolis wrote:
Would you consider this a "good build" to make a fresh character in a new league intent on rushing to farm Uber Lab/Uber Atziri - Or is there a better totem build for that?

Trying to plan for next league and only tried a totem build recently with Ancestral Warchief on scion and loved it. Trying to find the right totem build for cost/to content clear and a good start to a league.

Right now debating between this and the dual crit flame totem build.
This seems more reliable but haven't tried either yet and hard to find feedback on above.

Thanks all.

I used the char last league to rush atziri with lvl 67 on day one and on day 3 (could've been day 1-2 if i would have the time to play) i ran several Vinktar Squares for the sweet high tier maps and vessels.
It requires no gear investment to deal great damage and with a minimum investment (doedres scorn + dorys catalyst) we get the best dps items possible.

The build can easily run uber lab, but its hard to control the damage in some phases to get full keys, like the leutnants. Once the totem is placed it will burn until its destroyed, runs out or is recasted. That can kill adds which should survive.
Would be the same. issue with flametotem, too.
The traps and Izaro are not the problem.

I havent run a single uber since i am not really interested and tempted to do it.
There are people that use my build to run Uber Atziri with success, but it won't be as cheesy as bladefallmines ;) If you know the encounter and are experienced with it, sure you can do uber atziri.

Dual crit flametotem inquisator is, from what ive seen, pretty strong. I havent played the build myself so i cant go into details about comparison.
RFT is, as a noncrit build, definetly cheaper and safer, since we can make a good use out of blasphemy tempchains/enfeeble.

I mean, rft can easily farm the BiS weapon himself, a flametotem guy wants a good spellcrit/spelldmg/flatdmg/multi weapon.
The same counts for slots like rings and amus, where rft can focus on life/resists while crit FT wants crit and multi on top.

invest like 1ex in a RFT build and are basically done with the gear (well you can obviously pay a mirror per itemslot on any build :p) to run most content up to t15 maps with any mapmod except maybe chain on some maps (which is dangerous on any totem or summoner build).

You could try it on any marauder/templar/witch/scion if you have a free respecc left, just use a leveled spelltotem and totemlife jewels + purity of fire to get a picture of the playstyle and damage.
The chieftain class offers great stuff for the build, but i already played rf totem before ascendancy and it works just fine ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 19, 2016, 6:48:12 AM
Could some tell me about when to switch to RF build? So far I'm leveling with FT and try to switch to RF from time to time, but the damage is very low, the area not large at all and the totems die real fast too. I'm taking the required passive route too.

Do I need to do the cruel lab for the totem immunity to fire? Do I need to get all the increased area nodes as well? Just wondering when the build becomes useful for any decent clearing speed and damage.
i used it with lvl 38, once i got inc aoe. Area nodes are really important for the overall clearspeed but the dmg should be great even at low lvls.

Better use purity of elements + fire once you got the cruel lab, then you can drop both for blasphemy curses.

If you want big aoe faster i recommend 2x Lavianga's or a wideswing, but white sceptres are fine as well.

it gets better and better with every aoe gem lvl and aoe node ;)

but yeah, normal is painful, cruel will get better and better with each act and at the start of merc it will explode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info