[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

Hey man, I am returning to this game after being away for about a year. I followed your exemplar build and loved it. My problem now is can i run this build as a Shadow? I got my Shadow up to level 84 with your Exemplar and have 104 points to allocate now,but have no clue what to do as the game has changed quite a bit. All my gear is the same as yours in this build. Could you please help me out a bit with passive tree and anything you think may help. Thank you so much, a faithful follower. EDIT: I'm actually running a Darreso's Defiance 5 link right now, but I also have a 5 link Lightning Coil, which would be best? Thanks again!
Last edited by Phantasam on Feb 27, 2016, 2:11:17 PM
"
Phantasam wrote:
Hey man, I am returning to this game after being away for about a year. I followed your exemplar build and loved it. My problem now is can i run this build as a Shadow? I got my Shadow up to level 84 with your Exemplar and have 104 points to allocate now,but have no clue what to do as the game has changed quite a bit. All my gear is the same as yours in this build. Could you please help me out a bit with passive tree and anything you think may help. Thank you so much, a faithful follower. EDIT: I'm actually running a Darreso's Defiance 5 link right now, but I also have a 5 link Lightning Coil, which would be best? Thanks again!

I'd choose the Assassin subclass for a shadow build.

The tree would look quite different since less crit nodes are required.

I'll try to conjure up a shadow tree once i can see the new tree

Lightning Coil is definitely the best but it is the more difficult to equip.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Feb 28, 2016, 8:21:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Also coming up with a shadow based passive tree would be a HUGE help to me, thank you so much. Can't wait for the new expansion, thanks for your help,I'll need it....lol.
Added the Ascendancy tree with included Slayer points.

Use the OfflineSkillTree app (Thank you Emmitt!) HERE

Copy and paste the tree in the op on the bottom line to view the tree.

Alternatively, you can use Exiletools.com for a temporary web-based tree, CLICK HERE

Thoughts:

The tree remains unchanged and the numbers seem to have remained unchanged. The build should perform exactly as it does in 2.1, with the new benefit of a passive melee splash and other Slayer additions.
RIP Bino. The expected nerf is here

The regen is now a flat 200 life/s.

Would you still go for Bino's if you would make this build in the new league? Or would you go for a another type of weapon?
Ohhh crap :((((((( Just when I was enjoying the full power of the build with a 6L legacy coil and the updated build!!!

Is there any way to salvage this fiqst? Maybe double catalyst or catalyst + death hand, at least for the proliferation?
"
fiqst wrote:
RIP Bino. The expected nerf is here

The regen is now a flat 200 life/s.

Hi fiqst, many thanks for your excellent build. I followed it in Talisman standard and got my duellist to level 88 using a Bino. The build gave me the most fun I've ever had in poe. I was hoping to use it again in 2.2 - to try to get to level 90 this time!

Two questions:
- if it's RIP for Bino, is this build dead in 2.2?
- should I use a divine on my Bino or would that be a waste?

Thanks again.
My signature: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/preferences
i'll do some testing immediately at launch.

bino is still great for crit scaling and the poison prolif is no joke. Only the OP defensive aspect of the knife was nerfed. It is still a great bang-for-buck weapon.

Looking forward to the new 2.2 build for Duallant! DPS took a slight hit, but with the Impact node, was able to put in a WED in place of Melee Splash and DPS shot up! :D With a legacy coil, still able to do tier 10 maps pretty safely even without the bino regen!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info