[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

hi

can i use 6L Belly of the beast instead of lightning coil?? which one is better ??

thanks
"
water708 wrote:
hi

can i use 6L Belly of the beast instead of lightning coil?? which one is better ??

thanks

Belly would be great in this build.

LC is used to protect against physical reflect, and together with fortify, taste of hate and vaal grace, works great as an all round solid defence.

But the best defence for this build is the powerful life regen from bino. As long as you can take big hits without dying, the regeneration will fill your life in half a second. The Belly is perfect at allowing you to take that one big hit that would kill you otherwise.

I think i will incorporate the belly into the build in 2.2 and see the difference
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
nice guide! btw i was wondering how you do on atziri
"
Kj1996 wrote:
nice guide! btw i was wondering how you do on atziri

Yes fine. If you're used to the run and know the ins and outs, then you can probably make any build run it.

SO I went with the frost blade version and its working very nicely.

I currently am using these gloves:

and a 6l belly.

5.4k hp and 200dps with charges. MElting everything in my path.

However, was wondering if its worth using blashpemy and assassin's mark? Could we swap that out for hatred and self cast assassin's mark?
Hi Fiqst

Thanks for the build. It's my first roll and I wanted a dual wield melee, and it's really fun to play!

You say you want to use Slayer's Impact.
Aren't we missing a lot by choosing Slayer that has 2H Dmg bonus over maybe Gladiator with gratuitous violence?

What would you put in that extra gem slot once you don't need Melee Spash?
"
bowen123 wrote:

However, was wondering if its worth using blashpemy and assassin's mark? Could we swap that out for hatred and self cast assassin's mark?

Yes absolutely you can self cast it. And by doing so you can add a herald or Arctic armour to your auras.

I tend to rush through content without pausing so the time spent to cast things hinders speed, that's why I prefer the automation of blasphemy.

"
Zaldor666 wrote:
Hi Fiqst

Thanks for the build. It's my first roll and I wanted a dual wield melee, and it's really fun to play!

You say you want to use Slayer's Impact.
Aren't we missing a lot by choosing Slayer that has 2H Dmg bonus over maybe Gladiator with gratuitous violence?

What would you put in that extra gem slot once you don't need Melee Spash?

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. In ascendancy, the build will ascend in power, so it's all very exciting.

By choosing Slayer we waste 30% increased 2h physical when taking the minor nodes, but this is trivial compared to the advantages of the impact node, turning your 6L into a 7L by adding free melee splash.

Gratuitous violence is an interesting node which i plan to explore with my 2h crit crusader build, and i obtained a specific sword that i could craft bleeding to make use of it.

The only way that i could make it work within this build is by using Jack, the Axe (or any bleeding weapon). This us actually worth exploring and a good basis for a new build.

I will update the build in detail when i have more information about the expansion. GGG could easily pull the rug from under me and make changes to things like the Impact node or bino's, completely ruining my plans.
Thank you for your answers!
Hey Fiqst!

Just reached level 90 with your build a few days back, brings back memories of the Vulcan Exemplar with the Duallant HOA variant!

Just wondering if you have any tips for gear? Definitely can't afford a loath bane, and I've been looking at getting jewels to boost my DPS a little. Out of these - 1) Increased Melee Damage 2) Global Critical Strike Chance 3) Global Critical Strike Multiplier, which one gives the most additional dps?

Also, this is the gear I'm using now:

Thanks a lot, looking forward to Ascendancy!
"
ObeliskSeto wrote:
Hey Fiqst!

Just reached level 90 with your build a few days back, brings back memories of the Vulcan Exemplar with the Duallant HOA variant!

Just wondering if you have any tips for gear? Definitely can't afford a loath bane, and I've been looking at getting jewels to boost my DPS a little. Out of these - 1) Increased Melee Damage 2) Global Critical Strike Chance 3) Global Critical Strike Multiplier, which one gives the most additional dps?

Also, this is the gear I'm using now:

Thanks a lot, looking forward to Ascendancy!

hi thanks for sharing!

I have made some slight changes to the build that differs from yours a little.

I have added cwdt-ic to the mix, to deal with burst damage like the quill explosion mobs. Also, iu've turned flicker into a 4L for more options:

flicker
poison
splash
fortify

this is so you'd poison everything in the area, guaranteeing a decent regen.

For jewels, i haven't looked into which mods are best since i don't own that many. But i tend to prefer attack speed over everything else. I think ias would be great for you since you don't use faster attacks in your 6L.

There is one jewel i can suggest that will give very good returns:

power charge
frenzy charge
mana
mana leech

all from 1 jewel and a few points

I'm really looking forward to ascendancy and what it brings to this build. My hope is that melee breaks away from the reave+vaal reave meta and opens up more options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info